G&P Buffer Tube Gas Tank for Marui 870

TheFull9

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But you don't need to change the rail, was my point. So no extra cost there. The prices are virtually the same, this is going to come down to reliability (which is always the big seller for me, unless only one company makes the rif that I want badly).

144$ for a stock and a grip? Not even by G&P.

You can't really substract dollars from pounds ;)

100 pounds is $160-170, so it's ~$80 difference. G&P stocks range from $30 to $100 with the average price being around $65. Add a G&P grip and you have the same total.

Hah, now Blobface is going to be p***ed off. 

As much as it would have been awesome to have developed it, I'm just glad it's now made, and it looks very similar to how I envisioned my hypothetical version, so will definitely be getting one, and the price is definitely reasonable considering the work involved, and that's a much more sensible position of fill valve than my two options as well, very nice. 

"I have no doubt whatever chinese company is making the Marui 870 clone will make a whole gun with this as a default for less than just the kit."

I thought that was your point Chas, that a clone maker will make the M870, with a collapsible stock, for less than the G&P kit?

Redwolf are saying it's in stock (see the other thread that's in the news). Got to resist buying it just incase there is an issue that needs addressing (which I hope isn't the case). Got a different stock already lined up (the grip looks pretty decent to me).

Weird choice of stock for the G&P, in my opinion. Assuming that the fastest way to charge it up with gas is to switch out the cylinder in the buffer tube, why would you fit a stock where you can't access the rear of the buffer tube? Now you have to remove the stock to change the cylinder. Surely the logical stock choice would be a Colt-style one where you can access the rear of the buffer tube through the rear of the stock? To change the cylinder all you'd have to do would be collapse the stock all the way, rather than remove it.

It shouldn't be too hard to remove the stock, even under fire -- to be honest it can't be much worse than the stock system, plus you get the adjustable stock! :-) What happened to the charging port on the top of the stock extension? I guess that would've been too easy. 

Still, very tempted -- will wait for UK prices!

Why would you need to remove the gas cylinder in the feild? Likely hood is it would cost the same if not more than a standard gas charger. Probably around the same size and far more useful.

They stated the get more shots than the Marui tank so wheres the issue?

On my phone, my spelling will suck.

I would not rate the angry gun version too high. I have their Tar21 rail.

Granted it is cheap (38usd) but 2 screws were too small and one screw nut did not have any threading.

Why would you need to remove the gas cylinder in the feild? Likely hood is it would cost the same if not more than a standard gas charger. Probably around the same size and far more useful.

They stated the get more shots than the Marui tank so wheres the issue?

Well, unlike the Angry Gun (which you can only fill from the fill-port in the underside of the buffer tube) G&P added considerable complexity and cost with these removable cylinders. The only reason I can think of for doing so is that it's much faster to change the cylinder than it is to refill the installed cylinder from the fill port on the top of the gun; plus, those cylinders look much easier to carry in the field than a propane cylinder. If you're going to just jack a propane bottle to refill the gun, why would you introduce all the complexity, cost, potential leakiness and reduced capacity of the G&P system versus the Angry Gun one?

Plus, just because it gets more shots than the TM one doesn't mean it's inexhaustible. If you're blatting away in 6-shot mode in CQB, you are eventually going to need to put more gas in the gun...

If I'm dropping £140 plus on a new gas system I wart to know if it's better than the one I have already got. Plus if I am going to have to buy mags how much more is that going to set me back.

The angry gun one apparently holds two TM Gas mags worth in the tube, so around 200 rounds in a temperate climate.

Archived