New low profile plate carrier. Need help

hiawatha

Hi there!

So i sold all my old gear since it was way too umcomfortable and got all the wrong sizes.

It was an EPC looking pc in XL i believe that i got second hand and at first i didnt care that much but now i need something more personalized :)

What i need on it is 6 stanag mags, 2 pistol mags and some pouch to carry my wallet, phone etc.

Also a 90ci air tank on the back for the p*

So basically im looking for a little smaller PC thats somewhat lightweight.

Also, I dont know the correct words, but i would like to keep it kind off short making it easy using my belt under it with dump pouch etc.

Been looking att Flyyes JPC and also the FAPC gen 2.

Like the looks of the FAPC way more, but the JPC looks slightly more comfortable and really thin around the area where you shoulder the gun.

How is it to run a mbss hydro map pack on these short ones ?

Any thought about theese two ?

Other tips?

Also tips on good tank pouches is welcome!

Thanks. 

I found the JPC to be uncomfortable when weighed down with a pack, HPA bottle and air-rig. You might get by tossing some shoulder pads onto it, but they're really supposed to be a minimalist PC and overloading it is pretty easy to do.

I'd recommend taking a look at any of the 6094 replicas out there or the Mayflower APC.

For tank pouches, I haven't found much that beats the old Eagle MAP (MBSS hydro) except maybe the newer Eagle Yote (replica). You can use zip-ties to do a sort of ghetto mini-MAP mod to keep the MAP aligned with the bottom of the PC if you find it flops around too much.

Luckily, there are many, many lightweight PCs available these days and even real steel ones can be had for quite cheap.

Thanks Gigueand!

Im mainly looking at the Flyye collection. Would you say the 6094 is a better choice comparing against the FAPC gen 2 ?

The molle webbing seem to be somewhat the same on the back just not the same widht(?) on the front, 6-fapc, 8-6094.

Can the kangaroo pockets in the 6094 and FAPC hold any mags etc or is it just an open space ?

The old Eagle map = this ? - http://www.flyyeindustries.com/ArticleShow.asp?ProdID=0500

Please remember im a complete noob when it comes to gear :)

Thanks 

I can't really comment on the Flyye FAPC since I've never owned one.

The 6094 is a very nice carrier. It's fairly lightweight and has a lot of modern features like velcro for comms routing, some off-set webbing near the upper chest/shoulders to clip gear/radios to and a kangaroo pouch.

The kangaroo pouch on the 6094 is un-divided, but you can buy inserts to fit a wide variety of magazines from MP7 to M4 to the wide SR-25 magazines.

Yes, the old Eagle MAP pack is sometimes called an "MBSS" for some reason.

You might also consider the Mayflower APC, TAG Banshee, the AWS OCPC (6094 clone) or a whole host of other lightweight carriers.

Thanks Gigueand! 

Since i cant find that much info or comments about the FAPC i decided to give it a go. 

If i dont like it its not the end of the world, just sell it and get a 6094, it sure sound like a good kit.

The mayflower looks really sweet aswell but they are damn pricey.

Love that kryptec camo they got though :)

Thanks for all your help man! 

Archived