VFC S&W M&P [Photo Comparison]

Time for some pics. Please ignore the GM costa glock, I got it out for the x300 clone but I thought it might make for a beautiful background.

2fhDPwR.jpg

iMPNePG.jpg

Z6pI7nY.jpg

Now for some new info about this thing:

- The rear sight at least is NOT RS compatible, at all. It has a screw hole that holds the BBU in place. So much for that.

- The rotor on the hammer, pins on the frame, recoil guide rod and the slide stop are steel. 

- The front of the trigger bar appears to be welded (at least to me)

- The bottom of the magazine (not the baseplate) is held on by 3 screws, the design of that seems somewhat weak to me, but I could be wrong. At least the screws are good quality stainless.

• Like 1
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here I give a quick photo comparison featuring the newly released (about time) VFC S&W M&P. I compare it with the previous VFC M&P compact and the earlier WE Toucan (Big Bird). As the on

A quick preview of the custom work I had done to my VFC M&P: [click for larger view]   And here it is next to my RS M&P. The RS M&P work was done years ago by ATEi. The VFC M&P c

Ok then, my thoughts after the small amount of time I spent with mine.   Video review covers a lot, obviously there's things you can't really put across in stills.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq4

Posted Images

The thickness off the RA Tech steel barrel for WE will not fit into the VFC, maybe with the narrower threaded barrel on the Angry Gun it will work, but it looks kind of cheaply finished - I could be wrong though !

But I don't trust this one barrel fits all release, and I was looking forward so much to getting a threaded barrel for the VFC :(

I think I'll let someone else test the water on this one ;)

WE:

d838a387e4849b47408d8c47238029a9.jpg

VFC:

DSC_6858_edit-700x521.jpg

I have no idea on how these two can be compatible.

Also, angrygun's barrel is aluminum, so I'll give it a pass for now.

Edited by kenxin
  • Like 2

Just got my M&P 9.  Here are some comparison shot with my RS M&P 40.  Unfortunately the RS back straps wont fit in the VFC due to the fact the tabs are different and the hammer assembly gets in the way.

C27D3460_zps379e65ad.jpgC27D3461_zps6f11de11.jpgC27D3490_zps28236393.jpgC27D3491_zps8c29900f.jpgC27D3494_zpsa7563e13.jpgC27D3496_zps709a64d9.jpgC27D3498_zps9afd25b7.jpg

Edited by planeman
  • Like 2

Whut about the friggen sights ?! :o

Time for some pics. Please ignore the GM costa glock, I got it out for the x300 clone but I thought it might make for a beautiful background.

Now for some new info about this thing:

- The rear sight at least is NOT RS compatible, at all. It has a screw hole that holds the BBU in place. So much for that.

- The rotor on the hammer, pins on the frame, recoil guide rod and the slide stop are steel. 

- The front of the trigger bar appears to be welded (at least to me)

- The bottom of the magazine (not the baseplate) is held on by 3 screws, the design of that seems somewhat weak to me, but I could be wrong. At least the screws are good quality stainless.

It's just so bizarre to me that they'd go back to that rear sight design after remedying it on the stark arms Glocks. Perhaps the difference in head space meant that they had to do the TM Glock way on the M&P as well.

Edit: looking at planeman's pics again while the engravings aren't "perfect" (but pretty darn close and easily good enough for me), I'm struck by what a fantastic job VFC did of replicating the melonite finish. That is definitely something they did right compared to WE/HK3P's attempt. I've heard reports that this VFC isn't quite as good as the VFC PPQ, nor as snappy as the WE ... but at least it is apparently more reliable than the WE. Good enough for me.

Edited by uscmCorps

It is bizarre.... ah well. Some pictures to illustrate the point.

First one of the sight itself taken by yours truly, with a camera that challenges cameras everywhere else to be as un-focused as itself.

h2znnG9.png

And now a picture taken from a japanese blog, edited by me:

ie9gRqR.png

As you can see, the hex screw from the sight just pushes down on the BBU, while the screw that holds the bbu in place goes into the sight. Too bad, to be honest I was expecting the sights to be RS compatible.

Man, it's like you took that first picture with a pin hole camera I made in primary school! ;) jk

Interesting. Well, if detonator or DyTac makes some 10-8 sight replicas I'll be happy. How's the front sight installed?

The camera itself works like a primary schooler made it. Anyhow... the front sight is held in place by a plastic post installed from the inside part of the slide, that's why everyone's sight feels spring loaded.

VFC-MP39.jpg

It might be compatible with RS sights, however I don't have easy access to those so I can't provide more info.

• 3 weeks later...

I have someone doing some modification work on my VFC slides, but I do have the remainder of the parts on hand including the frames and mags. I decided to test my RS M&P extended Arredondo mag base on it and it fit just fine (though too long for a gas nozzle to fit).

post-29472-0-04248900-1400209651_thumb.jpg

[Click for larger version]

• 2 weeks later...
A quick preview of the custom work I had done to my VFC M&P:

VFC Custom M&P 01

[click for larger view]

And here it is next to my RS M&P. The RS M&P work was done years ago by ATEi. The VFC M&P custom work was done a couple weeks back by a small shop in Hong Kong called Hero Arms which is in the Kwong Wah Street area:

VFC Custom M&P 02

[click for larger view]

Basically S&W serrations along the top and also at the front slides. On my RS M&P the idea behind the serrations is to assist in press checks, break up top slide glare, and to rack the slide one handed against a hard surface/your belt/your holster.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the work. Hero Arms has been doing some incredible custom work at very reasonable prices. This work was done at my request based on hi-res pics I sent him of my RS M&P. The slide did require a little fitting since I only left them with the VFC slide and not the entire gun. Fitting mostly entailed removal of excess paint on the inner surfaces and contact points between slide and frame. This is actually one of two VFC M&Ps I had done. The other one is in the hands of a skilled local airsoft gunsmith who's taking a look at it for me.

Hopefully there will be some more aftermarket support for the sights on these VFC guns.

Better pics coming soon.

Edited by uscmCorps
  • Like 4

Overall, I'm very pleased with the work. Hero Arms has been doing some incredible custom work at very reasonable prices. This work was done at my request based on hi-res pics I sent him of my RS M&P. The slide did require a little fitting since I only left them with the VFC slide and not the entire gun. Fitting mostly entailed removal of excess paint on the inner surfaces and contact points between slide and frame. This is actually one of two VFC M&Ps I had done. The other one is in the hands of a skilled local airsoft gunsmith who's taking a look at it for me.

Any possibility of sharing how much Hero Arms charged? :P  Also, how did they refinish the slide?

• Like 1

Any possibility of sharing how much Hero Arms charged? :P  Also, how did they refinish the slide?

It was around $400 HK per slide (US$52). That included machining, and repainting the slide. I don't know what they used to repaint it. It's about the same durability and coloration as the original paint. But for HK$400 that's perfectly acceptable to me especially since my ATEi work on my RS slides cost me around US$375 (US$285 for machine work plus US$90 for melonite refinishing). The finish HeroArms performed wasn't "perfect" as there were minor imperfections here and there but it was very decent and in spite of having to sand down the paint on the inside, overall it's been very acceptable to me.

ATEi's price list for comparison: http://ateiguns.com/order/

HeroArms does not have a website. All orders need to be placed locally at this time.

Edited by uscmCorps
  • Like 1

It was around $400 HK per slide (US$52). That included machining, and repainting the slide. I don't know what they used to repaint it. It's about the same durability and coloration as the original paint. But for HK$400 that's perfectly acceptable to me especially since my ATEi work on my RS slides cost me around US$375 (US$285 for machine work plus US$90 for melonite refinishing). The finish HeroArms performed wasn't "perfect" as there were minor imperfections here and there but it was very decent and in spite of having to sand down the paint on the inside, overall it's been very acceptable to me.

ATEi's price list for comparison: http://ateiguns.com/order/

HeroArms does not have a website. All orders need to be placed locally at this time.

What CKinnerley said :P

Thanks for the info :D  I think most people would pay that much just for the machining itself, let alone having it refinished.  

• Like 1

The finish isn't perfect but it's very decent. Better than WE's OEM offering that's for sure. It's almost a similar aesthetic to anodizing.

Intinerious, since you're based in HK, if you want the same work done, download the pictures and ask Tim Chan the owner of HeroArms or the shop keeper lady to do the same work as they did for Alex in the USA and show them the pictures. They can also do laser engraving, different finishes (such as FDE) or different machining. I simply asked for something that replicated my real M&P.

I'll post better pictures tonight.

Edited by uscmCorps
  • Like 1