More a question than an error or suggestion.

For quite a few years now I've not seen anyone here manage to quote a stack of pictures from a post directly before their own (or in very close proximity) and I'd put that down to the care put in to posts by most of the members here.  Cropped up a few times more recently though and it just eats up huge swathes of a page and no it certainly won't kill anyone having to scroll through the set of images they've just seen a second time but it's hardly a difficult job for people to just not do it in the first place and waste the time (however small that may be) of every single other person who reads that thread.

Is there a hard and fast rule, just a polite suggestion not to.. not sure on the policy?  Don't want to go pressing report at an inappropriate juncture.

• Like 1

My memory is vague (and somewhat swiss-cheesed sometimes). I seem to remember we discussed this at some point and agreed with your suggestion. I think that we also had a facility to remove images from quotes automatically, but didn't turn it on to allow people to re-quote safely on the odd occasion it was needed.

I agree though it's a reasonable things to add to policy.

Thoughts from anyone else? :)