New front page theme

I'm going to redo the front pages and upgrade the software version we use. We use Wordpress (WP) and therefore the look be based on a new theme already available for WP. I'll then rehash it and modify the colours and look to suit us.

Here are some options:

Quandrum: http://themeforest.net/item/quadrum-multipurpose-newsmagazine-theme/full_screen_preview/7205094

preview-wordpress2.__large_preview.png

(the same people make all of these http://www.orange-themes.com/ )

Jarida: http://themes.tielabs.com/?theme=jarida

01_preview1.__large_preview.png

These are two of the top listed from here: http://themeforest.net/category/wordpress/blog-magazine/news-editorial

Anyone got any thoughts on the look to help me along?

I am happy to consider alternatives. But...they need to be

• WP compatible
  • recently updated and supported (a lot of people encode their products so I won't be able to fix it myself)
  • have tablet/laptop/phone skins
  • accept a white background for news articles
  • I'll also be using our previous news and content, so it has to cater for all of that as well.
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think the key is to maintain the simplicity of the current setup and keep the bright, uncluttered characteristics that make it good at the moment.

Too many little thumbs/text previews is good in that you fit more entries in without having to scroll through yes, but you really don't want to overload it.  Keeping plenty of white/light grey as per the actual forum would be preferable to my mind.

• 11 months later...

Hi please include a cleaner classifieds section, with rules for pic quality, and possibly format too. Ive brought some amazing gear but ive also brough stuff in unworking, batered condition. I believe in preowned guns the way hippies bekieve in trees, n hugging of same. Ive brought close 2 a bakers dozen ranfing from an unfired hi capa to a steyr aug CA proline.. paid 30 for first, 80 for the ASG (AustrianSexualGun)

Wouldnt mind doing a mini faq on rhis; have some tips

Hi please include a cleaner classifieds section, with rules for pic quality, and possibly format too. Ive brought some amazing gear but ive also brough stuff in unworking, batered condition. I believe in preowned guns the way hippies bekieve in trees, n hugging of same. Ive brought close 2 a bakers dozen ranfing from an unfired hi capa to a steyr aug CA proline.. paid 30 for first, 80 for the ASG (AustrianSexualGun)

Wouldnt mind doing a mini faq on rhis; have some tips

Check the post dates...

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...

As you all know Facebook is weeding out all the Airsoft sales and at present there isn't anywhere to post HPA stuff. I am in most of the HPA groups on Facebook so could post a link to this forum if there was a section to sell Polarstar ETC.

Oh and does it really matter if this is an old post or would you rather me create a new one?

Many thanks

Xray

Only 10ish sale posts go up a month in the gas section. I don't see the need really. plz plz plz open up the sales forum to new members get some new moderators this is our best chance to reverse the forum's decline.

Agree with this! Edited by xrayhead