Hi all.

I saw these new G36 mag pouches on Soldier Systems a while back and I decided to give them a go.

1e18c25d11d62ad2f9757893319d5da8_zpsa432

Essentially they're very similar to the ITW Fast mags however designed to fit the very chubby G36 magazine. Because the magazine is so wide, fitting one in a double AR 5.56 pouch can be a challenge. Even more so when trying to pull it out while getting shot at.

Sometimes it can be difficult just locating pouches specifically designed for the G36. I don't know whether it's down to its popularity (lack of?) or I wasn't really looking hard enough. Resulting in me leaving the 36 at home and going out with something else.

When I found out about the Talon pouch and it's user friendly characteristics, it was definitely the way to go. I ordered them directly from the manufacturer in Germany and received them fairly quickly.

ed8f4e54da4e51d5c4079cedef493171_zpsb811

The Polymer used to make them is pretty much identical to the ITW Fastmags, so they're made very well. Unlike Fastmags they're constructed from one piece.

918be68a90aef898779ea4fdae54aa2a_zps13c6

The Talon utilises the G36 spine that wraps around the magazine to snap into recesses cut into the holder. These recesses form an X shape so the mag an be fitted facing either way depending on where its mounted. Magazines fit very simply but inserting direct down into the holder and require arching the mag forward away from you and pulling up to release.

50a55fbf90a05f7ab8fc7376ca4c27f7_zps0636

The pouch can accept the WE G39/36 gbb magazine with very little movement when secured into the holder, I only have these brand of mags to test but should do just fine with other brands.

On the Stratagem Talon video, it shows the "Operator" with the Talon's mounted upside down and doing various mag changes displaying the technique for drawing fresh mags.

http://youtu.be/Omcsdqq-4nk

However on my video review I've decided against this and mounted them right side up, no matter how well it can hold magazines, gravity is more reliable.

Enjoy :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul6v_o8Frt8

After using them for a game or two, I did wonder whether it was possible to have two magazines clipped together and then fit into the Talon.

7b1cecf62d8ed6e4c6c3fe6fb91e140a_zpsc038

Unfortunately the external piece of the pouch prohibits them from slotting into place, however it probably could be cut away for it to work.

It's great that there's now more options for this weapon system.

Pro's:

Lightweight

Fast

Robust

Pretty good retention

Cons:

Can be noisy extracting the magazines

Only 3 colours in production at the moment

Not very cheap (€36)and no mounting fixtures included.

Thanks for looking guys.

• 1 month later...