Best Daysack - advice needed

harborne blue

Need a new pack that will keep me going for 24h both in the field and when hiking / camping. I like the look of this onehttp://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/maxpedition-condor-ii-backpack-max-512-4714-p.asp but haven't got a local stockist so unsure of quality.

Especially wary of spending good money on one with cheap clips that crack and break! Any ideas / recommendations?

Second the Camelback Motherload. Barely go anywhere without it now. Good capacity (easily enough for 24 hours' worth of stuff), relatively lightweight, internal pouch for a hydration pouch (which is also the perfect size for a 15.4" laptop).

The material is pretty tough too - I've been dragged by it a fair bit and still no damage to it!

Can't recommend it enough!

I recently bought a Tasmanian Tiger 32L Vent Patrol Pack. I haven't gotten the chance to actually ruck it yet, but I have been walking around with it for extended periods of time and I quite like it. Solid construction, spacious, multiple compartments (among them a hydration compartment which easily fits a Camelback 2L Stowaway)  and a design which lets your back breathe a little bit. 

tt_patrol_pack_vent.jpg

• 3 months later...

How many years do you need it to last? I have a 5.11 Rush 24 and 48, the 48 has been to Afghanistan twice and each time it got back I just jet washed it and it came up as new. They are very expensive but you really do get what you pay for with 5.11 kit.

Just a quick note re the original Maxpedition bag I haven't had that but i've had one of their Versipacks for crikey it must be 6 years and its still going strong and its done me well for both airsoft and everyday use ( there was that 1 issue where i forgot to take my USP out of it and went to the local shopping centre, but thats a different story) so if thats an example of their stuff i'd say it was rock solid.

Archived