So about these WE pistols...

FireKnife

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would as I am trying to convince myself as much as others after 7-8 years of blissful, issue free Marui fun.

Perhaps one day WE might end up more like G&G? Once, when they started, they were avoided like the plague, but now they are often first considered by many new buyers with the perfect for a price CM16 series etc.

'FireKnife'

I'm trying to convict my self as well, that WE are getting better these days, so I bought a WE G18C Gen 4 a year ago, and so far can't really say bad things for it. Only one issue I have with the strike valve on the mag, was bend, it was a easy fix, now is running strong. I replace the barrel with PDI 6.01 and the rubber with Laylax one, and have same range and accuracy like my TM G17 Custom.

I use it as a secondary or as primary in some night games since I bought it, so far I'm happy with it, see how long that will last. :)

Ok, new finding.

The hop up unit can't go high enough to allow me to use .25s and Ultra to full effect.

However it does go a tad shorter (say 3-4m average) than my Marui Detonics did but given the metal slide and not exactly the best outer barrel to BBU fit (plus it is a cheaper gun all the same) I am happy with that. It is better and a lot less erratic than a few KSC and KJ guns I have used in the past.

'FireKnife'

Ok, new finding.

The hop up unit can't go high enough to allow me to use .25s and Ultra to full effect.

However it does go a tad shorter (say 3-4m average) than my Marui Detonics did but given the metal slide and not exactly the best outer barrel to BBU fit (plus it is a cheaper gun all the same) I am happy with that. It is better and a lot less erratic than a few KSC and KJ guns I have used in the past.

'FireKnife'

Outer barrel to BBU fitment shouldn't make a difference to accuracy if the FPS is consistent. Metal slide shouldn't affect the accuracy much either (except for rapid firing and cool down).

What I do find an issue is the tightness of fit between the outer barrel and the inner barrel.  Most WEs and some KJW pistols their inner barrel rattles in their outer barrels, which does wonders to their accuracy *sarcasm*.  An inner barrel bushing is often required to be created inside the outer barrel.

The hop issue is quite a chronic problem in most WEs.  I noticed on my TT33 the barrel is actually shorter than a normal marui barrel at the breech end and the hop issue and shorter range probably has something to do with that, plus a stiff hop adjustment arm and an overly soft hop rubber.  Change the arm and rubber, and barrel and its accuracy is pretty much on par with a marui.

But yeah it is a WE.

It is not accuracy but range that I meant.

I haven't really had a chance to test the accuracy bar trying to hit a wooden post but seeing as every pistol I have used ever can do that it is not really a great test, all it proves really is that BBs come out the barrel and go further than 5m.

However the fitment and fun I am having with this gun makes me want to buy a full size one but in that case it would be a TM. It is rare that I would get on with a striker fired pistol but the XDM is kinda growing on me.

'FireKnife'

It is not accuracy but range that I meant.

I haven't really had a chance to test the accuracy bar trying to hit a wooden post but seeing as every pistol I have used ever can do that it is not really a great test, all it proves really is that BBs come out the barrel and go further than 5m.

However the fitment and fun I am having with this gun makes me want to buy a full size one but in that case it would be a TM. It is rare that I would get on with a striker fired pistol but the XDM is kinda growing on me.

'FireKnife'

I didn't like the XDM aesthetically when I first saw it. Didn't even like how it looked when I first held it. But it felt secure in the hand and I saw it at a good deal from our very own MrPie so I went for it. The looks totally grew on me and now I love it. Best pistol I own by far.

Well it is one of few pistols that has made me feel like it fits very well.

The USPC, XDM, CZ75 and 1911 are the only ones that I seem to get on with to the point of perfection.

Saying that I would love a CZ75 at the moment too but I am not keen on the KWA.

Anyway back to the pistol in hand (hurr-hurr), I will have to make sure and get a hit with it next game.

'FireKnife'

Gather around people for I am about to tell you something that will blow your minds!!!!

I, being the handsome buffoon that I am, lost the screw that holds the rear sight on and also keeps the BBU in place (and when I say lost I mean lost).

Now this means 'oh no, not working gun, I am fethed'. But no, I started to look at my longest lasting 1911 and would you know it the screw that goes at the front of the hammer mechanism housing just happens to be the same length.

I actually took a part from my 1911, without caring, and fitted it to keep the WE going. Time to rethink my whole life while I am at it :P.

'FireKnife'

WE pistols that i've seen have been very hit an miss ive seen two WE 1911 literally explode and ive seen on of their Hipowers chug through 7 mags with no cool down. My own experience is mixed aswell. My PX4 compact is a little pink tank that flings .25s miles. My M&P wont let me adjust the hop so i get about a 15ft range but she feels nice and looks pretty, My full sized PX4 is a piece of *suitcase*.

Would i buy another WE pistol? Yes they are cheap and cheerful and have a good selection of models.

I bought a WE Hi-Power and a couple of spare magazines a few months ago (I couldn't help it after I saw "Final Option" on-line lol) and have had nothing but good luck with it.

While most of my collection is made up of TM and KJW pistols, I have to say that this WE pistol is holding its own.

Range and accuracy have been pretty surprising and the hop-up is working quite well with the .25's that I've been using and I've had no leaks in the magazines. I've put hundreds of shots through the pistol (not to mention the hundreds just gas shots)with zero problems.

The paint IS a issue, but I was going to apply apply a "worn look" to it and apparently that wont be that hard to do as it appears to be doing it on its own (lol). The trigger is obviously not TM or KJW smooth, but then again I've never seen a GBB pistol from either of those makers that sells for $79.00 (US).

I's a shame that someone hasn't come up with a up-grade kit for it (a standard slide etc) as I don't see anyone looking to make another Hi-Power anytime soon.

I've never understood why the Hi-Power was never that well represented (the other two versions were never that skirmish ready). I like 1911's and many of the more modern pistols out there, but the Hi-Power has been pretty much ignored, which is too bad as it has had such a rich history and was always a very popular "real steel" pistol.

I'm thankful that WE made the one they did and I'm ordering another!

There is no hop up on the WE Browning, at least to my knowledge of the 5 that I have opened up.

The Browning does work very well, and is a very well built piece but Low FPS does not work well in its favor.  The lack of a MK3 slide (unless you cannibalise a Tanaka), and lack of hop takes the charms away from it being something a bit more practical.

"Puts on Commissar Cap with TM trademark under Skull Motif"

Heresy!

"Takes Commissar Cap off"

Is there going to be a game video at some point of Fireknife going against all odds with a WE and at the end it just says "Fireknife, not even WE can bring him down"?

Well sadly due to mounting car costs (car and living conditions being the only two things that trump airsoft in my life) I am going to have to sell on this pistol anyway.

Expect to see it up for sale later today, sorry but cars really are a bugger for cost to repair icon_frown.gif. Doesn't mean I won't pick this idea up another day though.

'FireKnife'

If you remove the barrel from the WE Hi-Power and flip it upside down, you will see two small holes where you would see an adjustment wheel if it was a TM.

There are allen screws in each of the holes and it appears the one towards the muzzle end is used to secure the inner barrel to the firing chamber. The one closest to the breach appears to press into the rubber piece inside the inner barrel. I could be wrong but if it's not a hop-up, it's acting like one.

Range and accuracy have been quite good and I admit I was surprised by this.

I believe the video done by Lazouche Custom Shop also mentions this in his review of the pistol as well.

As far as FPS goes, I've been using propane and green gas and it seems fine. Especially for CQB. If I need more I go to my KJW 1911A1, KP07 MEU or G23's. 

Either way, I have zero complaints about the pistols function so far and my second copy of it arrives this Thursday from Evike.

Now, if someone will make a metal Mk III slide, I would be very grateful. So get to it!

If you remove the barrel from the WE Hi-Power and flip it upside down, you will see two small holes where you would see an adjustment wheel if it was a TM.

There are allen screws in each of the holes and it appears the one towards the muzzle end is used to secure the inner barrel to the firing chamber. The one closest to the breach appears to press into the rubber piece inside the inner barrel. I could be wrong but if it's not a hop-up, it's acting like one.

Range and accuracy have been quite good and I admit I was surprised by this.

It might up your grouping but I've spoken to several people who have tried this and it's reverse hopped it so it hops straight down into the ground, same with the WE P08...

FireKnife, shame man, I like WE pistols but I was looking forward to hearing a proper tried & tested opinion, I tend to treat my guns like Trigger's broom so I don't mind replacing/upgrading & my old WE 1911 still serves me well!

nah its a tanaka style hopup, you push up at the bottom of hte chamber, and it pushes the BB into the top of the chamber, and it hops... sorta, it doesnt work fantastic, but it DOES work, my old luger i actually had shooting pretty well with this hopup

That's interesting to know, I always wondered where the they got it from... I just know that the WE ones my guys have tried with this system in (the P08 and Browning although only one has the screw in place for it) either don't work very well or actively nose dive the BBs straight into the floor, I'll see if I can borrow one and have a play with it, prove the concept first hand...

Anyway, I'll stop hijacking this thread now :-p

That's interesting to know, I always wondered where the they got it from... I just know that the WE ones my guys have tried with this system in (the P08 and Browning although only one has the screw in place for it) either don't work very well or actively nose dive the BBs straight into the floor, I'll see if I can borrow one and have a play with it, prove the concept first hand...

Anyway, I'll stop hijacking this thread now :-p

The p08 and BHP are both direct copies of Tanaka designs, pretty much everything else they have made until very recently is copied from TM. There are other designs that they have copied, and recently they have been developing their own designs.

Archived