M4 (internal hpa tank) and SCAR (external tank) GBB to ABB (Air-Blow-Back)

IB_soldier

Hey guys,

I always liked GBB guns but we all know the cons: expensive mags, maintenance, cold weather malfunctioning, etc... So I went for it and searched of ways to change this...

First thing I came across with was Daytona guns. Wow great recoil, external hpa tank but expensive...then someone explained to me about polarstars, but i quickly dismiss it since it has no recoil... So I started looking for mods, and I just found this guy who made a SCAR GBB to ABB mod (aeg mags compatible) Has anyone ever tried any of these mods?

SCAR external tank

AkD3WuT.jpg

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca3GkR8Tx8E

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaWfYVDAkoQ

Turns out he is working on a G&G M4 ABB with internal hpa tank

aDPxKp4.jpg

Btw, try to guess where the internal tank is xD I would never have guess it

Thanks in advance

Well, Thanks for the kind words.
Have problem with people using hi-cap as well? I had no idea hi-cap isn't popular in airsoft community. However, these replicas can take any AEG magazine, low , mid or drum...

The idea of bolt lock is locking the bolt after the last round, without the spring tension on the magazine, the replica on't be smart enough to lock the bolt. As I've said in the video, you can always put the bolt lock back and use standard GBB gas mags if you feel like realism once a while.

The air reservoir of the m4 is in that "dorky" barrel, I'll paint it mate black later, I don't mind the SR25 RIS silencer look.

On the other hand I see the big chunky outer barrel a nice point, I like m4sd and the like and see a way to be able to keep an lr300 style stock, reduce the overall length or even adapt it to say an m4pdw integrally suppressed gun without depending on a backpack.

Even hiding the gas in a false m3 sight is Ok for me, so weird I am

The reason I hate hicaps is you dont need 300 rounds to kill someone. Just one or two, personally I think hi-caps make you a lazy player as you can just spray every bush and tree that makes the faintest movement.

Where as if you are limited to 30 - 40 rounds per mag you really think about making your shots and become far more tactical and a better player as a result.

Now if you could get this to work with a functioning bolt lock then id be all over this and implement it into my 416. What would also be very nice to do would be to create a GBBR SAW that doesnt cost £2K+

The gun body doesn't offer much space so I can't use high pressure tanks as I can only fit one regulator (hidden in buffer tube), the integrated tank is only capable of 30 rounds however the it can be connected constantly with a paintball tank for durable shots.

Hi-cap isn't that useful and it doesn't make you lazy. With a GBBr the accuracy at full isn't great plus with the size of the paintball tank you have limited shots. Me personally I never when full during a skirmish.

No bolt lock is intended nor future plans, because the nature of AEG mags the mechanism would be unreasonably complicated. You could have and extended rod that pushes the bbs in case of low/mid caps that stick out when mag is empty to lock the nozzle but the result wouldn't be very satisfactory and will damage the nozzle over time.

Currently I'm making a gearbox sized unit with a close bolt style blow back kick, sooner or later I'll get to a model with will fit SAW.

Thanks.    

Archived