Revolver Holsters

hudsons89

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a good holster that will hold a Colt Python 4 inch. I hear that revolver holsters are notoriously difficult to get hold of in the UK. 

Does anyone have any advice on where to get a secure, reliable holster or ideas on the best way of making one?

It has been recommended that a pancake holster is the way to go, however I find these unreliable for use in skirmishing. 

All thoughts would be appreciated. 

Hudson

If I were you I'd just buy one from abroad, there's plenty available on Ebay and elsewhere. Exactly what style are you after?

Maybe something like this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bianchi-BI-10127-5BH-RH-Tan-Thumbsnap-Holster-For-Ruger-GP100-Colt-Python-/380889867215?pt=BI_Security_Fire_Protection&hash=item58aece23cf

Well that just about scratches out 95% of your options. I've never really seen a molle attachable one but I suppose you can simply add the straps to an existing holster. Try a taco nylon holster by Uncle Mikes, medium frame revolver (4" obviously). Get one with a thumb snap and they only come with belt loops so the molle part you'll need to modify in yourself. That or a shoulder holster but even then those are meant to be tied down to a belt and may be uncomfortable depending on the size of your vest. Midway UK if not try Ebay (Ecop police supply is great).

Molle wise your only other option is one of the molle attachable universal holsters. I know viper do one, and I've seen them by others as well.
Alternatively, Might be worth getting in touch with someone about custom work. I've heard excellent things about John Beattie at pistol-leather.co.uk and certainly I'm very happy with the belt I bought from him. Or there are several guys on the forum who work kydex, and probably a couple of leather-workers around too.

forgot to add that the bianchi um84 series can be attached to molle really easily (i have a um84 on the left side of my warrior 901 for my 1911)

also have a look at http://www.vegaholster.com/ , they are in italy and they offer a huge selection of quality holsters. they have a quick find option with drop down menus for a lot of common models, revolvers included.

i do have a vega cordura belt holster for my tanaka m36  which i bought s/h from someone on the forums. i had never seen any vega holsters before this one and i have to say that it is very well constructed from good materials, in terms of quality i would rate the vega product as nearly as good as the bianchi equivalent (and those bianchi military holsters are practically indestructible)

personally i will only use professional quality holsters when carrying sidearms in games, this vega product certainly appears to meet that standard.

Archived