Wow, the ONLY tm models I've handled are the ones you've listed above. I guess I must be more out of the loop than I thought lol...

The magazine uses pins.

Thank you, hmm that changes it a bit for me but still might give one a shot.

As for the other TM models it is a little different to the HK45 but the only Marui models that I recall without such reinforcement of the slide catch area are the Desert Eagle (not that it needs it with that mass of plastic) and the older M9s.

The safety on the marui is not true to RS. When the safety is engaged the trigger is disconnected and doesn't do anything at all.

On the plus side, it should work well for cocked and locked.

Well that works for me, so long as it can be easily cared cocked and locked then all the better (wish someone would make a Taurus PT92 now, cocked and locked Beretta clone with a frame safety, yes please).

'FireKnife'

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since everyone is starting to get their HK45, I thought that perhaps it might be best to have a thread to discuss any thoughts or possible issues that may arise.   My impressions are the recoil is q

Wait, you guys might not be fully understanding...   The slide stop IS ambidextrous, the assembly of it however just isn't 100% the same as real steel. On the real one the right lever is just a leve

Interesting.   Ultimately, what's needed is careful experimental research, swapping in one new component at a time and observing any change in performance.   In the meantime, let me just add that

(wish someone would make a Taurus PT92 now, cocked and locked Beretta clone with a frame safety, yes please).

Your wish was granted a long time ago... by KWC/Cybergun: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/kwc-taurus-pt99-co2-gbb-pistol-short-magazine-ver.html

It's actually a cheap decent gun, the only real con it's the high FPS, but it can be lowered with a bit of GBB knowledge. Spare parts can be found here: http://www.skyproairsoft.com/prod_list.php?series_id=15

Thank you, hmm that changes it a bit for me but still might give one a shot.

As for the other TM models it is a little different to the HK45 but the only Marui models that I recall without such reinforcement of the slide catch area are the Desert Eagle (not that it needs it with that mass of plastic) and the older M9s.

Well that works for me, so long as it can be easily cared cocked and locked then all the better (wish someone would make a Taurus PT92 now, cocked and locked Beretta clone with a frame safety, yes please).

'FireKnife'

The Deagle could do with some strengthening, the slide catch on mine stopped working shortly before the slide itself cracked.

With TM's crappy metal, pinned mags are better.

I don't know how I feel about the pinned mags. interestingly the baseplate is secured by the fill valve, which on mine was incredibly easy to remove when I tried, it was as if there was no resistance at all. I tried screwing it back in and there was no increasing level of resistance until the screw wouldnt turn anymore either....the mags don't leak though.

Wait so the mag is pinned but the fill valve holds...what? in?

Sounds like they're well designed though, with my KWA mags the valves and screws were never very tight and they always held gas perfectly.

Pinned is better for TM guns because they use soft alloy and eventually the threads will go...every time you disassemble one a fine metal powder falls out of the mag as the thread crumbles...a friend had a 226 mag explode on him after one too many disassembles, the bottom bit took a chunk out of his ceiling (my plan with my own Sig mags is never to open them). Pins are a bit of a pain but until TM start using better metal I prefer them.

like i said the screw in fill valve secures the baseplate lol

I don't see that in the diagram. There's only one threaded area in the valve and that's to hold the valve to the base. The base itself is held by the lower pins, or so it looks like.

Used my HK45 in its first outing today. We had a CQB scenario so I put my RM4 ERG aside and went into the maze pistol only. Really enjoyed putting snappy rounds that went down entire corridors. That grip is just soooooo comfortable. Lovely kick on green which put a smile on my face.

Looks like I'll keep using this HK45 as my preferred sidearm, so gonna have to sell some other pistols in my collection...

Pinned is better for TM guns because they use soft alloy and eventually the threads will go...every time you disassemble one a fine metal powder falls out of the mag as the thread crumbles...a friend had a 226 mag explode on him after one too many disassembles, the bottom bit took a chunk out of his ceiling (my plan with my own Sig mags is never to open them). Pins are a bit of a pain but until TM start using better metal I prefer them.

See I have found quite the opposite, though for the most part my screwed together mags are 1911s and never let me done. Plus it means on the very rare occasion that one does start to leak all I do is unscrew, lube up the seals and it is good to go again. With a pinned mag that would take me ten times as long finding all the bits and sorting it out. Again though, that is mostly as I have never had an issue with them, even all the P226 ones I have had never split of showed signs of giving.

I still might pick this up at some point though saying that.

'FireKnife'

Normally I hate the two tone look...but I have to admit, that looks tasty

That's just at prototype early stages, they sometimes post unfinished models in naked aluminium colours,

it will probably be available in both colours eventually.

But I'll be sticking with my KSC until the P30 or HK45c become available ;)

• Like 2

What are these horro stories i keep hearing about? Ive seen nothing and mine has currently had about 2-3k through with nothing but awesome.

On my phone, my spelling will suck.

There seemed to have been huge quality control problems with these pistols for pretty much the whole production run of them.

Things such as the slide release literally eating the slide away to the point that it can no longer catch to the feed ramp deforming after only a magazine or two out of the box.

If you go on the KWA Forum and go into the HK45 section there are just thread after thread of people having issues that new parts simply don't fix. 

Now a few people seemed to have gotten some that do just last forever but there is a serious issue that happened with the Hk45. Issues that don't effect the other models like the USP, USPc, or Tactical USP.