• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since everyone is starting to get their HK45, I thought that perhaps it might be best to have a thread to discuss any thoughts or possible issues that may arise.   My impressions are the recoil is q

Wait, you guys might not be fully understanding...   The slide stop IS ambidextrous, the assembly of it however just isn't 100% the same as real steel. On the real one the right lever is just a leve

Interesting.   Ultimately, what's needed is careful experimental research, swapping in one new component at a time and observing any change in performance.   In the meantime, let me just add that

I bought it so I could see how it performs. Oh well. Btw I got the Detonator slide set. Pretty much a drop-in, installed it in under 20 minutes. There is a very slight resistance(should wear in) at some point between the slide and the frame but it cycles just fine(with the default magazine). But thats to be expected as the metal slide is barely heavier than the original plastic one.

Having skirmished the HK45 about 5 or 6 times now, I'm pleased to report the pistol is holding up very well. I'm struggling to think of any negatives on this, especially versus the Glock 18 I have. The slide reinforcements are certainly working so there is no slide stop wear at all. It kicks harder than the Glock and the gas capacity is excellent - as good as expected from a double stack mag.

Happy to answer any questions prospective buyers might have. :) 

I bought it so I could see how it performs. Oh well. Btw I got the Detonator slide set. Pretty much a drop-in, installed it in under 20 minutes. There is a very slight resistance(should wear in) at some point between the slide and the frame but it cycles just fine(with the default magazine). But thats to be expected as the metal slide is barely heavier than the original plastic one.

Do you think Detonator is going to come out with a silver or titanium slide?  Seems like most HKs are catered for in this way...

I got mine out skirmish two days in a roll, and really pleased with it, can't really put any fault as yet. Absolute pleasure shooting the 'enemies' with it. Accurate and nice distance, as expected from TM. 

I like the trigger on it, much better than a G17.

Don't see any real reason to change or upgrade anything on it. :)

Forgot to post my video, here it is for anyone who needs a bit of help. A bit long winded and I'm going to try to make another one soon especially with a better camera.

A tactical slide kit is coming out with meprolight sights (phosphorescent not tritium) and of course a threaded barrel. As usual Japan is getting it first. Seems to be 50 dollars more than the non tactical version so in HK it should be around 250~

http://www.pravda.jp/shopdetail/000000005237/ct127/page1/order/

0000000052372.jpg

Edited by kagami

Actually I got the slide with the normal barrel and bought the threaded one too(which I use) and the two together was about 250$ with shipping. Btw with a full charge of green gas I can shoot about 66 BBs +a few but those are weaker, with the metal slide.

Darn it, and I was just resisting the temptation to buy one. There goes $300 for the gun and 3 mags, then another 250 because of the SAI detonator slide. I was just about to make an SPR gbb to. There's just something about pistol that I can't get past. Sigh

Edited by NightFury

Are these sights any good?

I've had glow sights off of the btc slide for the Glock series....in pitch black darkness...they glow for over an hour....do note that the glow diminishes over time. They initially glow brighter than tritium sights...but then dim out. You'll need to charge them again to allow for quicker aiming down the sights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm really, really, attracted to that Salient slide kit.

Can owners please provide some feedback on the strength of the slide return/recoil spring? While a totally different brand I felt the KWA USP recoil spring was insufficient even on a stock slide, given the lack of spring guide/spring upgrades available (Compared to hops, barrels, slides, sights so far) I'm inclined to think it's not considered a weak part of the gun? 

• 5 weeks later...

Bit late but I had received my tactical kit. Excellent quality but that's what comes with the price when it comes to Detonator stuff.

x3my1FT.jpg

I emailed boomarms and it seems the reason tactical kits aren't being stocked is because all the Japan shops bought them already and they were a limited run. Ordering directly from Japan set me back around 310 dollars but the addition a front and rear sight to the package offset the cost by a bit in my mind. 

xtCfNqF.jpg

The slide stop insert is of great quality steel and is secured via 2 screws instead of being held in place by the BBU like in the stock marui. Of course, the parts are not interchangeable and the Detonator piece is of a different shape as well.

3OTqD7t.jpg

I think the Meprolight sights have a very cool look especially with the swept forward rear that allows for one handed slide manipulations. Unlike the real Meprolights they are only fiber and do not contain tritium. Since the HK45 is compatible with real front sights, I plan to buy a real Meprolight front sight sometime.

4dbjmGN.jpg

Around ambient room lighting for around 5 minutes:

cw6JVq0.jpg

After shining under a bright light  for around 10 seconds:

vojiirx.jpg

YmRMw2y.jpg

OkJiKR5.jpg

mJQhwFe.jpg

The outer barrel is 14mm clockwise not anti. The cocking indicator sticks out when the slide is in battery and retracts when the slide moves back. However, unlike in the store pictures the extractor/cocking indicator slot is not painted red so you'll have to do it yourself

• Like 2

Marui and ksc, who's who:

mini_140808025632636334.jpg

mini_140808025645594444.jpg

Safety on:

mini_140808025654772925.jpg

mini_140808025704754300.jpg

Serial number:

mini_140808025713856613.jpg

mini_140808025720702785.jpg

An other difference, marui nozzle can't move freely because of the extractor :

mini_140808033815321551.jpg

mini_140808025725934396.jpg

mini_140808025730815566.jpg

Various:

mini_140808025738762880.jpg

mini_140808025753124171.jpg

mini_140808025805851797.jpg

mini_140808025819747027.jpg

Detonator outer barrel, ugly good idea:

mini_140808025829784418.jpg

Detonator kit is lighter than airsoft surgeon's, recoil is better with the ksc but slower so no difference on target practice. In game though...

Nineball inner barrel is good, marui rubber is better than nineball?! nineball valve is kinda npas-like but not easy to set, nineball hammer spring is great for autonomy with marui slide, marui recoil spring is not strong enough with this kit imho.

Edited by kimkafwan
  • Like 2