All hail the HK45.

I'm a pistol-primary kind of guy. I picked up an MP7 recently, but I still can't get over using this thing.
Naturally, it's got some external upgrades. Picked up a Creation slide, works very nice on stock internals.

I did, however, want an RMR mounted to mine. As a student, whilst I want to machine the slide, I can't bring myself to do.

As someone with access to a high-grade SLS 3D printer, I can prototype something slightly more convenient.

If anyone else is interested in the mount, I can do a bit on it later, once I'm finished playing with it.

Prototype of the mount, made from Nylon in an SLS printer, run by the Engineering school.

WP 20150319 10 25 14 Pro

I had some issued with the threading stripping in that one, so I sent it away to Shapeways to make a 60/40 Mild-steel/Brass alloy version.

WP 20150414 20 00 40 Rich

Much prettier, but slightly looser tolerances than the uni printer, so needed some cleaning up before it could be used. Also, threads still stripped.
I have recessed some nuts in behind now instead, which is a change I shall make to the design in the future if anyone else wants access to it. Should be fine to build on any printer, just may require some clean-up. Alternatively, some skilled machinist could make you one from a small block of metal.

I love it with a silencer too, helps with the balance.

Tokyo Marui HK45 Custom

The combo of HK45 and light doesn't lend itself to retention holster compatibility very well apparently.

However some asking around of some Arnies members (thanks to user I'm going space) and apparently the Fobus EMG 20/21 does an alright job. Nice'n'cheap on Ebay, so got myself one I did.

Doesn't like a threaded barrel, however, let alone a suppressor. So, like I'm going space, I took to it with a dremel. Retention is still pretty good, fits the HK45 nicely with suppressor and light, as well as fitting the RMR just right. Plus, the rear-draw nature of the holster stops all of my Gucci catching as I retrieve it.

FOBUS EMG20/21 Holster

I love this thing, setting up a battlebelt with some Fastmag replicas. Need an H-harness to hold it though, and might get some Tornado grenades in the future, as well as upgrading to a TLR-1HL (Emerson did a supremely average job with the X300U replica).
Edited by cameron.mearns
  • Like 1
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since everyone is starting to get their HK45, I thought that perhaps it might be best to have a thread to discuss any thoughts or possible issues that may arise.   My impressions are the recoil is q

Wait, you guys might not be fully understanding...   The slide stop IS ambidextrous, the assembly of it however just isn't 100% the same as real steel. On the real one the right lever is just a leve

Interesting.   Ultimately, what's needed is careful experimental research, swapping in one new component at a time and observing any change in performance.   In the meantime, let me just add that

Well I jumped on this band wagon, haven't had a chance yet to use it in a game and kinda shot the gun too soon since I ordered a g&p mk23 silencer from redwood ccw and a ccw barrel from ehobby, the creation barrel...only to NOW see the detonator kit is available on there and the threading is cw!!!!....sooooo anyone wanna buy a creation barrel and g&p mk23 silencer in ccw??

I'm also hoping they come out with more upgrade parts for this as so far I haven't seen much for it, mostly for the kwa version, and hopefully they come out with the compact version soon too! Looks like marui is stepping g things up and fast.

• 3 weeks later...

someone was on site with the tactical detonator kit on sunday. and what a bloody lovely bit of kit that is!

fit feel and finish are 10/10

seemed to perform well too, but i only fired a few shots.

edit: also thanks cameron, glad i helped without knowing it :P

Edited by Im going space

Detonator is definitely FTW!...Plus I would imagine it would be relatively less expensive than the shooters design, although I haven't seen the price on the shooters design. Plus the fact it comes with sites makes it nice in case you to lose a front site or rear site by some random act of unfortunateness.

The Detonator kit sounds promising. I'll be honest, I'm leaning more towards the standard kit than the tactical. I don't really intend to use a suppressor on it so I'm not sure I need the threaded barrel. I currently use a kydex holster so I'm a bit concerned about the rate of wear it will have on the slide. How tough is the finish on these kits?

Good tip for the Kydex holster if your worried about damaging the slide. I lined mine with some faux alcantara off ebay, cheap as chips and wafer thin but provides a nice smooth soft surface for you pistol. 

Edited by bankz5152

Also interested in that.. I had thought to use some material but alcantra would be awesome! 

In terms of detonator slides coping well with kydex. I have a Detonator slide on my M&P9.. it's fine with kydex has had quite a few holster cycles now with no sign of wear. 

Edited by DeltaZero

I used some high temp spray glue I had left over from doing my cars headlining. Mines a fold over too. 

I sprayed the alcantara then 'pulled it through' the holster on the areas where the sides of the slide contacted the holster. However this was for a 10" Extended Desert Eagle so a little easier to do! 

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

So i have one of these with a shooters design slide and barrel... Everything was fine till the friggen hammer broke in half! The external hammer broke right where the slide meets the frame so now while it shoots in double action.... The recoil doesnt rack the hammer after each shot... Goddamn anyone know if they make a steel aftermarket replacement hammer?

• 6 months later...

So how is everyone getting on with their HK45s? My KWA is getting to the point where it has seen better days and will likely need replacing by the end of the year. It has been fantastic though!

Considering either buying a brand new KWA or selling up and buying the TM HK45 Tacitcal and possibly the Detonator Ali slide. Anyone know how much it weighs in comparison to the plastic slide? 

So how is everyone getting on with their HK45s? My KWA is getting to the point where it has seen better days and will likely need replacing by the end of the year. It has been fantastic though!

Considering either buying a brand new KWA or selling up and buying the TM HK45 Tacitcal and possibly the Detonator Ali slide. Anyone know how much it weighs in comparison to the plastic slide? 

Don't have the detonator slide, but i've had my hk45 for about a year with out any upgrades. Usually works well on propane, but the weather where i am can be from -15c to 30c.  which means in the warmer months id switch to 134 or something.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/4/2018 at 4:17 AM, Hite said:

Managed to turn my standard HK 45 into the tactical version. Using the Detonator tactical slide set and managed to fit the ambi safety. 67f31d0386c3ab64a123335bdb9bd6b4.jpge3eb8e59aa8f6596a94d86d6f513b2d1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

absolute gorgeous!!
how do you do the ambi safety?
order another safety part and drop it right in?