Custom Tailor

Hardcore1-6

I've done some digging and PM'd a few likely candidates but run aground. Basically i'm looking for a tailor that can knock up some Crye style trousers and UBACs in Tiger Stripe, potentially a few sets - but having no luck.

I understand it'll cost a fair bit for the work, but can't even find anyone that's a dab hand with a needle and thread and has time/materials!

Any suggestions gents?

• 3 weeks later...

Have a look round the high street when you're in town mate! There's two tailors in town where I am. Normally they just do alterations and the like. One even advertises that it offers services to armed forces, so they'll be able to deal with mil-spec materials no problem. All you need really is to provide the material, and maybe a diagram or example of what you want :)

Don't know how expensive the shipping would be, but this guy specializes in combat uniform alterations. 
http://unconventionaltactical.wordpress.com/2010/11/20/adventure-tactical-back-country-surveillancefield-gear/

Has several different levels of modification for sale. 
If you don't already own the BDU it may be cheaper to have him purchase it so that you don't have to pay shipping both ways.

Know a few people that have had work done for them and it was as good as advertised. Not the cheapest but for what your looking for it's not all that expensive either. 

Didn't know the lead time was so large for international orders. My bad on that one than. Was it that he just was slow to work or that he had taken on too many orders and couldn't keep a reasonable timeframe for the orders?

I'm asking since I personally was going to send some Leo Kohler paints to get modified myself since I had heard so many good recommendations but may have to hold off now.

heya bud! i started sewing a little while back

im just starting to make my own gear and can make a very simple pair of ubacs and trousers as well as a few pouches and stuff!

I recommend getting a sewing machine and giving it a shot dude especially if your so far out!

i know it seems a little daunting but ive been doing it for a few months and its not that bad!

fabric is actually pretty cheap, cotton drill in plain fabrics is only about £4! i managed to whip up a simple uniform in grey for only £16 ot so with all the bits! only really took me a week and thats with regular work on the side

a machine that will do what you want would only cost 100 and thats new! plus its a great way of spending time bettween skirmishes and extending the life of all your current garments

there is nothing better than thinking damn wouldnt it be cool if i could have such and such!......then realising you can just make such and such!!

i know its not what you asked but its a suggestion!

Archived