COD: Advanced Warfare (aka House of Cards: The Game)

aznriptide859

Wait since when did digital Kevin Spacey get hired by Micheal Bay?

To be honest I forgot it was that time of year again and all it seems is they have taken the irritating future bits of Black Ops 2 and jacked them up to 11.

Still it will sell millions, be both praised and slated, lead thousands to stand outside on a freezing November night to buy it and lead to a thousand controllers and headphones being sold after rage induced stupidity caused the previous one to expire.

I think I will skip this one, especially if I have to own a £350-450 console just to play it in the first place.

'FireKnife'

1. Is it it called advanced war to to get back at the latest ghost recon for being cod like?

2. How many two word titles with war in them are left?

3. both words advanced and warfare are redundant.

4. I didnt think kevin spacey could be more dimensionless but they found a way *badum tish*

Hang on a sec though, Sledgehammer games? Not Treyarch or Infinity Ward? Now this is what the franchise needs, a new approach on the age old formula.

However, it doesn't look any less "COD" than any of the other games so I'll probably still give it a miss.

Hang on a sec though, Sledgehammer games? Not Treyarch or Infinity Ward? Now this is what the franchise needs, a new approach on the age old formula.

However, it doesn't look any less "COD" than any of the other games so I'll probably still give it a miss.

Sledgehammer Games is pretty much the tag-along brother that got placed in the light this year.  Out of all the hilarious sarcastic debate I've been hearing, the only possibly positive result is that now it will be three years between one of the three companies being in charge.

I'm getting Halo imagery for some reason when watching that trailer. 

All aboard the meh train.

developers don't give a damn about the meh train.

I 'd say develop something that will blow even their socks off, instead of distributing meh tickets.

Or pursuade 12yr olds  and their moms not to buy these games anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not 'the Doom 3 engine', it's actually much older than that - the original Call of Duty used a modified version of the id Tech 3 engine (Quake III Arena), and every CoD since then has used an updated version of the proprietary 'IW' (Infinity Ward) engine. It's not necessarily a problem either; MS Word is essentially a 30 year old piece of software but it has received the odd update in that time which has kept it relevant. Game engines are the same and evolve over time; the IW engine simply hasn't aged well. If they'd needed to update it before now, they would have but they didn't. Making a new engine is a serious undertaking.

After many years of 'the new CoD will be different and great!' and many years of the same re-skinned game, you can colour me cynical.

It's pretty much just brand recognition now. I can't remember which CoD it was (might have been one of the Modern Warfares?) but originally when they started advertising it, it didn't have CoD in the title at all. They swiftly changed that to sell more games.

In fact only MW1 seems to hold the CoD title even though to be honest all three are just regurgitations of the same formula, just as MW1 obviously came first it was a fresh change. The rest, well they have pretty much done every conflict and stuck it in the future.

So who wants to see CoD: Napolean or CoD: American Civil War? :P

'FireKnife'

Archived