GHK V2 AK CO2 Magazine (5.45 style)

blobface

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seemingly yes.

Did a few full auto dumps and a single bulb can last 2 fills (to about 45 rounds each), did this 4 times, the first 3 bulbs were 2 full mags and a little left over in semi. Oddly the last bulb only lasted 1 1/2 mags.
I didnt really test how many rounds I could get out of semi though, probably a little more though.

I would of thought so yes, wont find out for sure till the depths of winter though.

Also to add, I bought this with a brand new AK-74U, the CO2 mag does not change the fps and is more consistent than normal gas mags, Sits about 330 FPS out of the box.

• 2 months later...

I did. 2 of my AKM mags were green gas, other dude had 2 CO2 mags but he wanted the gas ones, so we changed the tubes and valves.

Also doing with my M4 old ones. With the AKM valve (same thread but shorter piston) they hold the pressure, but since the M4 CO2 valve are not sold, I'm making my own ones on the lathe. Right now I'm checking materials to make the white seal seal better, and I think I have found the key.

What you can NOT do is use green gas mags with green gas output valves. They do hold the pressure, and since the GHK valves work with the pressure in the opposite way than GG valves, the valve knocker can open them (pistol ones can't). Then, why can't be used with CO2? Well, CO2 (and more when is liquid) is a powerfull chemical, the o-rings absorb it and get bigger and fragile. Since they are bigger, they fly out of the mag at the first shot. Even if the o-ring don't fly out (they do every time), they will be ripped off.

I had this same problem with the shotgun cartridges I'm making for my tanaka. In this case I could solve that changing the shape of my cylinders, and since they are shot just once at a time, there are not rip off. Some minutes after the shot, the o-ring go back to the original shape and the cartridge can be charged again.

I would of thought so yes, wont find out for sure till the depths of winter though.

Also to add, I bought this with a brand new AK-74U, the CO2 mag does not change the fps and is more consistent than normal gas mags, Sits about 330 FPS out of the box.

That makes me curious, as the primary problem I've always had using CO2 is consistency. I use CO2 for the much higher recoil and cold weather playability, but I'm getting around 100fps difference between the first and the last shot in the magazine while with green gas, that spread is rather 40fps. 

Does anyone have both gen1 and gen2 CO2 mags for their GHK AK and can do a side by side comparison in terms of consistency? I wasn't expecting any differences there as I thought the valves etc. are essentially the same. Aren't they?

Archived