Dynatex BFG Re-Released

Rob15

Just spotted this while browsing around, the original Dynatex BFG has been re-released with some minor changes to the top aluminium caps but happily no change to the price bringing it in at about £20 less than the S.W.A.T VTG.

Only seen them at Xsite so far but I'm sure some other retailers will get them in over time.

http://www.xsiteshop.co.uk/Original-BFG-Blank-Firing-Grenade.html

That top is smaller than the original. Maybe even too small for 12ga but I guess thats ok for most.

It looks the same as the one used on the Dynatex impact grenade which is 9mm only, removes the need for an adapter and imo there is no actual need for 12g blanks anyway so no real loss, doesn't stop it being a really bulky BFG though :(

If it doesn't fit 12g, those of us that use .22 blank will have to get a different adaptor made up.

Rob could make one :)

Already made some actually, just not got them listed on the website yet but they'll be about £7 for 2 when they do go on. In the interest of balance Zero One also do 9mm to shotgun primer adapters at £14.95 each.

• 2 months later...

Used mine a few times now - my observations versus the SWAT VTG:

Dynatex

- Cheaper

- Functionally the same as the VTG

SWAT VTG

- Better looking

- More expensive

- Easier to use

Let me qualify the "easier to use" line. There are two things that make the Dynatex seem low-rent compared to the VTG.

1. Inserting the pin a nightmare, the holes are either too small or the pin too fiddly. I think it will wear in in time - the VTG was similar out of the box and it is fine now.

2. The pin is absolute trash. The supplied pin on the VTG has a ring very neartly made with no exposed ends to catch or scratch you. The pin on the Dynatex is basically a curl with a pin attached to it. Terrible. When coupled with point 1 it is noticeably more difficult to replace the pin on the Dyantex. I've also see the pin become lost as it can "slip" off the ring as it is just a curl, as mentioned previously.

That said - deploying the Dynatex is just as easy as the VTG. In short, once all the fiddling and prep is the same, both timer BFGs perform the same and the Dynatex is almost as much as £30 cheaper so you can forgive a few (minor) shortcomings. Looks are a bit moot for a BFG too, so I didn't discuss that point much.

:-)

I use a VTG, and have replaced my pin with a 2.5mm cotter pin, which I have on a bit of paracord tied through the drain hole of my grenade pouch for one-handed deployment.

I'm almost glad someone nicked my original pin, as I doubt I'd have taken the time to do it otherwise.

Archived