What small accessories to add to my plate carrier?

GardenBoy

In times like this I turn to the audio-visual bible published in the year of our lord 2004, Mean Girls:

Crying Girl:  I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy...

Edit: One thing I haven't seen suggested is an admin pouch, with various patches - Allergy, blood type etc are all cool things you can add to personalise your PC a little.

last time I went to the docs I asked if they knew my blood type he said " dont worry about that, they can test you in seconds" I didnt want to tell him it was for my weekend hobby of dressing up army!

It's not even on the dog tags used in the Dutch army anymore. Either they test you in seconds or they just inject you with a universal donor. 

That being said, I have sharpied my belt-mounted IFAK with a red cross and  O Neg NKDA markings, just for the looks (and there's some first aid stuff in there as well. Never know when it might come in handy. 

But, on the topic of PC gucci:

Flag patch

(IR) Cyalumes

First aid shears

A carabiner. 

That's about it. It's always tempting to go full moto but you'll end up looking like a cartoon character. 

Edit: oh, and a CAT. CATs look awesome  :D

Please no "haji" references... fair enough if you have been in the *suitcase* but its a bit derogatory... 

In times like this I turn to the audio-visual bible published in the year of our lord 2004, Mean Girls:

Crying Girl:  I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy...

Edit: One thing I haven't seen suggested is an admin pouch, with various patches - Allergy, blood type etc are all cool things you can add to personalise your PC a little.

on tuesdays we wear aor-1

Hey, Dave, that pic you posted, I can see side boob.

Should have seen my rig for a short night zombie game. Had a hydration pouch with nothing in it (just incase I needed to dump anything in it, and wouldn't you now it my ati heat shield came off my M870. I always like to have extra pouches just in case). Was gutted I forgot my glow sticks though, could have killed time having a private rave inbetween games.

I wouldn't worry about what medics might think if you ask for your blood type for patches. When the hospital cut the cast off my broken arm and a load of dead leaves fell out, I was asked if I did any outdoor activities. I said yes and explained what airsoft is and was told "well if you're going to play and slip try to land on the other arm".

If you're gonna add a blood type one though, make sure it's right.

Just in case.

Noted :)DSC_0069_zpsu6vsv6jv.jpg

Archived