Strange looking MP5 @ Ukrainian rally

3vi1-D4n

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah looks like one of those few .22LR 'carbine' MP5s.

They do come with many different stocks so could easily be aftermarket or not.

As for the DDPM given that the stuff can be picked up for sod all along with the rest of his dress up that could be anyone.

Perhaps the .22LR MP5 is due to local laws?

'FireKnife'

I'm guessing the MP5 was either his own or nicked from a local police station. As for the BDUs, DDPM surplus is easier to pick up than chlamydia in a Southend nightclub so he could be anyone. Russian mercenaries in Syria were also spotted wearing it

1389183429313.jpg

On a similar note of unexpected weapons being used, I saw a report on the BBC this morning where a reporter was with Nigerian police and a few of them were carrying bullpups including a FN F2000

Screenshot_2014-05-13-10-00-52_zpsjtlnml

Screenshot taken from here

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-27382013

On a similar note of unexpected weapons being used, I saw a report on the BBC this morning where a reporter was with Nigerian police and a few of them were carrying bullpups including a FN F2000

Isn't the other armed with a Tavor variant which is about as likely?

Though according to Wiki it is in use with the Nigerian State Services. However so is the FN2000 so it appears clearly Nigeria has enough money to have an armed security service high high end weapons but not enough to feed its own people. However one dictatorship hidden behind so called democracy at a time ;).

As for DDPM well a place on eBay UK is flogging the stuff for £5 posted a shirt so yeah it really can be had for next to nothing (given that 70% of that cost will be the postage).

'FireKnife'

Though according to Wiki it is in use with the Nigerian State Services. However so is the FN2000 so it appears clearly Nigeria has enough money to have an armed security service high high end weapons but not enough to feed its own people. However one dictatorship hidden behind so called democracy at a time ;).

lol that is more or less every country... our tiny island spends £43 billion a year on this *suitcase*

lol that is more or less every country... our tiny island spends £43 billion a year on this *suitcase*

True, but then we are not in 99% poverty. However Nigeria is and I am sure Russia is hardly on the pinnacle of social standards either given who is in charge.

But as said lets focus this one on Russia, not all the other issues in the world m'kay.

'FireKnife'

I thought it looked like a Tavor but wasn't sure. Thinking about it though, if Nigeria is fighting islamic fundamentalists then I suppose Israel offering assistance shouldn't be that surprising. Afterall, why fight in your own back yard when you can do it in someone else's?

Aanyway, back to spotting more unlikely weapons in the east

Edit: like this guy "but the Olympia does me well in Black Ops"

55A778C9-53A4-4E07-ADD6-DB18057A362F_mw1

this guy is a bit more extravagant, apparently the rifle is a Ukrainian Zbroyar Z15:

http://gfx.nrk.no//D9Nz13j9HVZhYsKpIweKAQTAH6SQRYTf36gpcCN72c_wa

Really, cause my internetz tells me it is a 404NF, not that great a gun bar the fact it is so secret it can't be seen :D.

Saying that the actual gun looks like a typical modern AR so doesn't stand out as much as other things.

'FireKnife'

So Putin has finally caught on and realized he shouldn't be tooling his pawn troops up with Russian hardware.  Begs the question though, have they looted Ukrainian armories/Ukrainian soldier confiscation or did the Ukraine supply arms to Russia? I find that hard to believe.

The caption describes him as "Russian forces" but there is no way of knowing that, really. I'm inclined to think the weapon is private purchase.

Most of the weapons you see in the militia forces which aren't shotguns etc are likely to have been raided from police armouries or just taken along with when soldiers have defected - apparently.

He's wearing a Gorka no? Detaining Ukrainian personnel. If he's not legit Russian military, I would be shocked. 

Its very hard to be sure, I think. In the interests of fun/boredom at work I'd say that he's not obviously Russian. Firstly whilst I suppose it could be the case that Putin is giving guys western weapons to put people (like us??) off the scent it would be a very expensive way to do it and its not like there are a bunch of guys running around with them - compare to the guys with gm94s and eotechs who I doubt are "local militia". 

Secondly the gorka is very easy to obtain, with plenty of different companies making them. He's also wearing a generic molle vest with arpat pouches and a *suitcasey* holster - all of which, gorka included you could get off ebay for not that much. I'm inclined to think, just imo, that his kit and his gun was purchased privately.

edit;

rumours on Red alliance that some ukranian airsofters have joined militias and stuff. bear in mind that with conscription and stuff they won't be fully useless. Also I saw a pic of a pretty young looking guy in a replica mich and ciras, with a samurai sword which would fit the bill too...

Archived