Need specs for 3D print

DamnLion

Would anyone with a long type swordfish conversion for an MP5 be willing to give me exact measurements? I plan to CAD and 3D print something almost identical at home. (Don't bother telling me that's it's cost prohibitive, blah blah blah. It's not - I own the printer and know the costs, and have no time for these misconceptions)

It would be time consuming, I know, but I will repay you in prints and custom bits*

Cheers.

i would say that if you want to produce a replica of that front end you would be best served trying to source one to have in front of you to compare with the finished model and the print.

Ideally, yeah. Unfortunately, I can't afford to purchase anything and happen to have a surplus of ABS.

Why not design your own, to the rough dimensions of something that already exists? It's

might think.

Measure off your MP5, use ~0.1mm tolerances so you don't jam or crack anything, don't need anything else.PS I want a 3d printer :(

I don't have the free time to work out the threading, attachment points, etc. Wish I did! Use mine! Or better yet, build one :)

I don't have the free time to work out the threading, attachment points, etc. Wish I did! Use mine! Or better yet, build one :)

You either take the measurements from the MP5s mounting parts, or you take the measurements from the swordfishes mounting parts.

It's literally the same thing and takes the same amount of time, I've not been using the software that long, but I've made parts by measuring an existing piece, or by measuring it's opposite mating part.

You either take the measurements from the MP5s mounting parts, or you take the measurements from the swordfishes mounting parts.

It's literally the same thing and takes the same amount of time, I've not been using the software that long, but I've made parts by measuring an existing piece, or by measuring it's opposite mating part.

Quite simple here guys - I don't have the time or will to measure + CAD, especially without having a single bit of reference for how the kit is attached.

I work with CAD and 3D printing all day, so I don't particularly care to measure or estimate a single thing. I also don't intend to create multiple prototypes for fitting. (Obviously, Ed, you would understand the latter if you have models made from your CAD) Its also not *literally the same thing* when I have no idea how far out the front extends from the muzzle, the diameter/spacing of certain superfluous holes, etc aside from eyeballing crappy web photos that are often in perspective/distorted.

If someone has the swordfish kit, and is willing to measure in return for prints, perfect. Efficient, no waste of time, win-win.

Frankly, if you don't, I'm not sure why you would take the time to suggest a proprietary rail kit. Thanks anyways.

So, back to the original post - who has a swordfish kit and wants some print work? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Let me see if I have this straight - you want someone on this forum to volunteer their spare time to take detailed measurements of an item. And you want them to do this because you don't want to pay $70.00 for it, or take the time to do some revisions yourself, even though you work with CAD all day and own a 3D printer?

And your plan to attract this person is to act like a condescending penis to the forum in general?

Well - good luck!

Let me see if I have this straight - you want someone on this forum to volunteer their spare time to take detailed measurements of an item. And you want them to do this because you don't want to pay $70.00 for it, or take the time to do some revisions yourself, even though you work with CAD all day and own a 3D printer?

And your plan to attract this person is to act like a condescending penis to the forum in general?

Well - good luck!

Correct!

All but the last part anyway, tried to preemptively cut out the bs posts but yours makes #6 :(

Archived