Just got a TM Scar anything I need to worry about?

steelfallenangel

I just traded a G&G UMG with alittle cash for a upgraded TM Scar that's had enough work done to have it safety handle 340fps, with the the following parts replaced Prometheus tightbore, Prometheus nub, lonex gears and bearings, cylinder heads & air nozzle. I was informed that the rear wiring assembly needed to be replaced so I ordered a new one from Eagle6 but is there anything that I should be worried about for long term use of the TM Scar? 

I couldn't find a great deal on it so I'm asking the community. 

Things such as is the Lonex magazine adapter worth it or is there any parts that I should be concerned about?

Anyone who's owned one and can shed some insight it'd be much appreciated.

It's not the H, but I already own a VFC H. Alot of the TM parts were removed and replaced with Lonex next gen ones, so I am slightly concerned about that but the the technician I'm having re install the wiring hairness is going to give it a once over and make sure everything is shimmed and running smoothly so hopefully there will be no issue. 

As for the famous TM hopup, only the nub was exchanged for the Prommy one with the rest of it still stock. 

I think the zombie apocalypse is something to worry about, or the changing state of society, or the collapse of world economy.

Other than that, the only thing wrong with your gun is that it's an "upgraded" TM gun, and the TM fanbois will laugh at you for that.

Alright just checking since I had read some things about their Sopmod series having some problems crop up around the year one mark for alot of users. 

WGC cleared up the only other concerns I had (one about being able to hear something slide back and forth when moving the gun, apparently is the bolt catch and that this is normal, as well as the fact that the bolt does not lock back like the VFCs so I shouldn't be concerned with that either). 

A little sad I won't be able to fit a extra PWS SRX to it like my VFCs but maybe I'll go with the VLTOR CASV on this one instead. 

Thanks for clearing up my concerns guys. 

If you've bought a TM recoil the only thing to worry about is can you handle all the awesome coming your way, I love My recoils and I wouldn't look at getting another gun unless it was a recoil mine are still stock and only firing about 250 fps on .25 but the range and accuracy mean it doesnt matter, seriously just enjoy...

Well Eagle6 does actually sell that latch. But I'm pretty careful with those styled stocks. The VFC is over a year old and shows no signs of wear and my G36K is two years old and still shows no damage.

Yea I know these folding stocks aren't really designed to be slapped around alot and are mostly for getting in and out of vehicle's. Tend to hold the release open when closing because I'm so paranoid of having to replace those kinds of latches.

I too am moving nearly entirely to recoiling AEGs. The only ones I currently own that don't recoil is simply because there isn't any good models on the market. Don't trust S&Ts SL9s to replace my SL8 and  I don't feel like dealing with all the problems assoicated with the Beta Project GBB kit for Masada's or the WE MSK. 

Too damn cold in my state most of the year to trust a automatic GBBR. Only ones that I've seen work reliable all year round are the KJW M4s. Even the LM4s get some issues as soon as September hits. 

On that note though, this is getting slightly off topic but I was actually looking at replacing my current G36K with the TM Recoil one. But I'm curious and wasn't able to confirm if the M4 magwell conversion would mesh correctly with the TM G36. I know it likely wouldn't be a issue since this model lacks the bolt lock feature of the other Recoil Shock series but it would be a step up from the current one I'm running.

Anyone have any experience with them? Is the recoil a step up from those Umarex S&T ones that are flooding the market or is it pretty much the same sensation just a smoother running internal setup. If you guys would prefer I create a new thread for this I'll do that I just thought it may be easier to ask here rather then flooding the forum with multiple question threads. 

The Recoil Shock G36 should walk all over anything made by S&T; it will kick much, much, harder, and should be much more accurate. However - I know American shooters are unusually sensitive to this - it may be significantly down on power compared to a USDM gun, and it will still have Marui's ABS externals which will wear and become shiny. The only way to get around that is to completely rebody the gun using ARES or other nylon-fibre parts, and that isn't cheap or easy.

The gun should take M4 magazine-well conversion kits as it takes regular G36 magazines.

Don't think the Ares body would work though. Isn't they'rs (and by extension S&T, STAR, Umarex) designed to a different internal dimension? Hell I still have that Umarex one that I could use as a donor for the body if it does work or I could just order one direct from Ares.

Thanks for cluing me into the ABS body though. I had read that on Redwolf  and just assumed they had put ABS by accident instead of Nylon Fiber or polymer. 

Just getting so sick and tired of my own G36 constantly breaking down on me. I've had to nearly overhaul the gearbox TWICE within two years and there's barely 10,000 rounds through it. But I invested so much money in aftermarket body parts like the IDZ kit and RIS I want to be able to keep a G36 variant in my wheel house. 

Will likely after I finish getting this SCAR up and running again (and once I decide if I run the mag adapter with it or stock up on 5 more next gen midcaps) will look into picking up the TM. Surprisingly it's not all that much more expensive than some of the other higher end G36s I see like genuine Ares's or KWA. 

Aside from someone wanting an MG36 or SL8/9 style short mags, I don't think there is any reason to get an AEG over the WE anymore.  I've owned almost a dozen G36s throughout the years, the WE has the best externals of any of them, and is by far the best shooter.  The $200 WE is as good as the $1000 SL8 DMR that I built.  It is also widely held as one of the best GBBRs out there, certainly the best value.  I got tired of working on gearboxes too, once I got my first WE G36 I've never picked up an AEG again.  It has very few problems that you're likely to run into.  I've also run mine in the winter in the Northeast US so...definitely worth considering if you want a gun that is just...fun.  The recoil electric guns all feel rather fake compared to the recoil of a GBBR(especially one like the G36)

Archived