White heavyweight sniper bb's

Bodgeups

Well I've not counted them all, but enough to make you think "hang on, these might not be that good...".

There are comparable brands on ebay right now, you can buy small packets of 250 for £3-4. I'd suggest giving those a go.

• 2 weeks later...

So, my delivery of 0.4 and 0.43 from Amped came in Finally after UK customs dicked about for a week.

As mentioned each type came with one of Amped airsoft's branded BB bags which are actually quite nice i'll be keeping these about for a while i think. They have a handy Joules chart on the rear too.

I have 4 bags of each on initial inspection I'd say 25-30% of the .43s have an imperfection and slightly closer to 50% with the .4s.

I suspect that this is as a result of how the bb's are removed from the moulding sprews as the dimples are a uniform shape. The .43s are a Much stiffer material than the .4s which is obvious when doing a crush test or cutting. There is 0 shine to these at all they are not rough but they arent polished you can feel some friction round against round in the bag as you move your hand through them which I believe is what has lead to feeding issues in some mags.

So dimplage looks like this:

And cut sections look like this:

.43s on the left were considerably harder to cut hence off center cutting the .4s were much easier.

These rounds are air free and consistent I chopped 10 of each and they all look the same.

If the factory changed their removal over to a blade as opposed to a knock-off system these rounds would be awesome.

I am not shooting until tomorrow I will try some bench rest groupings and a general game report on performance.

Out of all 8 bags I found one girraffe that made me go O.o seen here

I was going to do some benchrest testing today but when i got to site I was asked to go and shore up a team of firsttime players so no measured tests.

I decided to hammer it and be rounds intensive so I loaded up 150 .4's for the morning and had a plan to shoot 150 .43s in the afternoon. By lunch time I managed to spam my way through 125 of the .4's without incident, running and gunning more than normal as I was trying to provide the team with momentum.

I was mighty impressed with the .4s even with their defects they performed on par with the MB I have been eeking out of late.

After lunch I loaded up with .43's and after a little bit of resetting my hop I had them flying dead flat out to the 65mt mark before they dropped off.

I have for the past 3years or so been using a noobies TDC kit with his custom bucking and It has served me well through some pretty shocking playing conditions. But after about 80 rounds of the .43s I started to get dippers and a few flyers. A little tweek of the hop and it was the same I knew what had happened I'd torn my hop rubber! and left a mess in the barrel to boot

Luckily I can just rotate the rubber and be on my way again but I wasn't about to do that in the field.

As an experiment I have fitter a IR hop atch to my rifel to see if it copes with the lack of slick better as the Noobies rubber is quite thin and I'm not entirely surprised the roughness of these rounds tore it.

I shall report back later.

A quick disclaimer these groups were shot with 0 hop with a freshly installed IR hop patch that has not been fettled with. I threw the gun back together after cleaning and installing the IR last night and thought i'd put a few rounds down the garden.

Distance 18mt -60ft no wind

BBwars .4g *defective batch*

All groups were within 35-40mm from the centre of furthest POI (1.5inch)

Best group 20mm worst 40mm in set #2 and #5 I snatched the trigger and immediately knew I'd done it which ruined the average.

Next set is again with 0 hop set 

Distance 18mt -60ft no wind

BBwars .4g *defective batch*

All groups were within 35-40mm from the centre of furthest POI (1.5inch)

Best group 20mm worst 40mm the groups were noticably tighter with the .43s.

I ruined the average by being interrupted and having to run around the house trying to find my wallet to pay a bill on the phone Otherwise they would all have been 35mm or under.

I will try and get out and do some distance shooting during the week if I get time and the weather holds.

Thoughts and feelings?

Well here's my first video using the BB King white 0.4g bb's.

I have a PDI 6.01 430mm inner barrel, using a Firefly Hard hop rubber and firing at 485fps. Using the old-school 'biro mod' (I've had my Gspec for six years...) I have this shooting level to 150ft.

Oh, and yes that's a laser rangefinder on the side of my scope :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Had the opportunity to shoot a fair few of the BB king ones off this weekend. Surface quality less than I've come to expect - noticeably rough, mould marks, etc. Accuracy was average, pretty much the standard amount of flyers and so on (in comparison to the tan guarders which I've been using). Feeding was a nightmare though, I spent way too much time dry firing, reinserting magazines and so on. Arm and shoulder wrecked today from all the excess work. I can't say for sure if this is down to the BB's or just the weight of them, but I never used to have as many feed issues. I've ordered a couple of new VSR magazines, since they're cheap and these are years old, in case they're just tired. The only upside is, of course, the visibility. 

The search for a decent quality brand continues. I'm giving serious consideration to using my last half bag of tan .4s as 1 in 5 tracer with the greys (which will otherwise never get used). I suspect .3's would be acceptable in a DMR (which are 420fps or thereabouts round here), but in a 500fps boltie I don't think they're up to it.

Archived