WETTI is divorcing WE Europe, and its nasty

Roland1014

Yep ,great news really for us as it means FPS will be at Uk friendly levels and a full EU warranty applies . It also means that EU should receive new release stock at exactly the same time as the rest of the world (sometimes even earlier) as WE Europe no longer have to wait until it's released in HK and then ship it over from there 

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the deal with replacement parts for WE?  Receivers e.t.c. is there any system in place for EU customers to buy parts from WE's full range? Not just cherry picked parts I've seen on some websites.

Ask your retailer to order them for you then . We Europe are a distributor , not a retailer ;)

WE (Taiwan) redirected me to them 3 times claiming they provide parts too... Anyway luckily I found the parts I need in HK retailers..

Pretty (squad 701) sure that exact same quite, is quoted a couple of posts .

I was half building a gun and half reading Arnies at the same time ;)

I forgot to refresh the page and didn't realise Hitman No 2 beat me with the response !

The moral of the story is not try and keep up with fast moving topics when your busy :)

Either way if the M&P trigger fix (hammer-sear) was a result of WE Europes quality control incentive, that can't be a bad thing.

Lol, this pretty much puts WE Europe *suitcase* out of luck. Bunch of amateurs. What are they going to do now, try and sell other stuff like PTS have after the Magpul split?

Such a bunch of amateurs they've made WE one of the hottest brands in UK airsoft at the moment, got literally everyone talking about Nuprol, got retailers lining up around the block to buy from them, are some of the most approachable guys to talk about their products in the business, actually understand how to talk to customers and market their products/business.. etc.. etc...

Frankly, I'd be extremely surprised if TTI haven't massively shot themselves in the foot over this as 1st commando says. WE Airsoft Europe and Milspec solutions pretty much turned WE's rep around in this country and massively raised their proifile. For WE to turn around and cut WE AE out would be ludicrously bad business practise. 

TTI are being unprofessional, bitchy and pathetic by doing this, the backlash has already started on social media from what I've seen, as aside from that grubby little festering scrotum JR trying to use it to slag off his rivals, retailers and customers seem to be fairly united in sticking up for WE Airsoft Europe.

I'm not surprised by this announcement in the slightest. I'm not a fan of WE (the OEM), but I'm far FAR less a fan of WETTI and their antics. WE will do what they do, but I've never seen the kind of f**ked up shenanigans employed by WETTI on a regular basis by anyone else in the industry. WETTI makes WE (OEM) look like angels in comparison. Honestly, aside from the occasional infringement, WE is an OEM that has been making efforts to improve their product. As a consumer I can respect that. If WE Europe and others like them are instrumental in making WE (OEM) execute on those improvements well I tip my hat to them. WETTI on the other hand is probably the most back stabbery underhanded player I have encountered in the industry.

This is a classic example of one company (WETTI) fraudulently misrepresenting their role to another company (WE Europe). Then when the truth comes out, the fraud tries to oust the other company and steals their client list essentially attempting to gut the now competing company. All the while WE OEM are basically standing on the sidelines saying they just want to make products and avoid the BS drama that generally trails anything WETTI related. If there comes a day WE drops WETTI as their HK distributor, it wouldn't shock me in the least either. This also bodes well for WE consumers in Europe since cutting out the middle man probably also means better margins for dealers and prices for consumers. And as others point out, shorter lead times and better QC and support. This whole situation is win win for everyone (everyone except WETTI obviously, but that's karma for ya).

I was half building a gun and half reading Arnies at the same time ;)

I forgot to refresh the page and didn't realise Hitman No 2 beat me with the response !

The moral of the story is not try and keep up with fast moving topics when your busy :)

Either way if the M&P trigger fix (hammer-sear) was a result of WE Europes quality control incentive, that can't be a bad thing.

Pretty sure I beat you both to it! :P (the quote I mean not their page..) haha

Anyway, I can't see this as being a bad thing at all. Cuts out the middle man and if it brings us more options and faster releases who can complain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

ermm................

maybe we shall still see it . It is 10 years this year since the patent was filed on key parts that make up the shape of the P90 :)

So another 5 - 10 years then? ;) Should give them time to do some serious testing and release it with TM like reliability...

I know I know, just like small arms 80 (SA80). But I am yet to see it in Die Hard 2 (loads of people have said its in Die Hard 2, and I can't see it anywhere in that movie).

So, you're saying there's a chance? Yyyeesssssss!!

Given how WE is still able to keep on churning Glocks I'm inclined to believe technical problems were the bigger hurdle for the P90 rather than legal ones.

edit: stupid autocorrect

Thing to remember though is IIRC Glock are against *all* airsoft imitations. FN/FNH are OK with licensing, but Cybergun might have beaten WE to the punch - Meaning WE weren't keen on developing the product any further.

Something that causes confusion is Trademark and Trade dress 

In North America they experience much more trade dress than we do in Europe but we do still have a bit 

Trademarks are easy to protect and companies such as Umarex , Cybergun etc often have the rights to these trademarks for use in airsoft 

Trade dress is more complicated as it is not as international as trademarks 

Most gun designs are only covered by trademark protection for various reasons but most often is because company trademarks are internationally protected property of the company 

Some more modern guns designs are still covered by trade dress (the shape/design and key features) . Glock have very strong trade dress claims in the US and Austria but only trademark protection in other regions (in other works you cannot use the name glock , g** etc but you cannot be stopped from reproducing the likeness 

FN and H&K often have good trade dress protection on newer designs but it does not last as long as trademark protection etc , especially once they start licensing out the design to other firearms factories 

Most common firearms designs are actually far outside patent but you can still be prosecuted for using the logo or name of the original firearm and/or factory

The funniest one was Cybergun buying the trademark "Kalashnikov" which was never put on the firearm and the design itself belonged to "the people" and could not be trade dressed . This made it a nice waste of money 

Archived