Sentence for execution due to being a Christian

Habakure

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortuantly Buddhists do have temples and places of worship ! . And Buddha is a symbol of their religious beliefs . So they are defined as a religion . Unfortuantly nowadays even the peacefull religions have been forced to fight for their beliefs ( Tamil Tigers )

Mans obsession with religion causes more slaughter and atrocities than anything else on this planet.

Why would any right minded peacefull person want to associate themselves with this !!

Unfortuantly Buddhists do have temples and places of worship ! . And Buddha is a symbol of their religious beliefs . So they are defined as a religion . Unfortuantly nowadays even the peacefull religions have been forced to fight for their beliefs ( Tamil Tigers )

Mans obsession with religion causes more slaughter and atrocities than anything else on this planet.

Why would any right minded peacefull person want to associate themselves with this !!

yup but Buddha is not a deity so whilst Buddhism is a religion it is an atheistic one. 

Scorch: *fruitcage* knows. I believe these are the people that will be greeting jihadist martyrs on their ascension. 

No, the point was they don't believe in a god. So, a religion doesn't have to be governed by a god. Meeting up a designated place to talk beliefs, can be associated with many things.

I do think that sometimes people think that because they are atheist, that they are superior to others. Which isn't always the case but (same with religious people) it can drive a person in their idea (seeing as saying belief provocateur religious connotations, I'll change the wording).

@skarclaw. Wow. Those tools are exactly why I don't like other atheists. One of them says he is a fighter and protector, no, just no you soft, pudgy, neckbearded goon. The very fact that there is an atheist community annoys me. Just come to your own conclusions and crack on, don't join a group and metaphorically circle jerk each other over how how much you all agree about stuff.

Ok I'm gonna stop participating in this conversation before I get myself banned.

Darkchild

They have to go the job centre/dole office, that's different. Also, I did say aethiest are like a religion not that they are a religion (that did cross over from another conversation on another forum though).

A religious airsoft group, Followes of KidScotland and latter day Moderators?

Post No 49 "Aethiesm can be seen as a religion" is not saying "Aetheism is a religion".

The way religious people act when they come across an atheist or non believer is the exact reason that religion starts wars and atrocities .

Atheists don't try to force or judge people who believe . Yet religious people have this inbuilt aggression and desire to belittle anyone who refuses to beleive in their god ... Even in this thread that aggression etc is rearing its ugly head .

I find both are/can be bad, with forcing their views onto others. I'd say you've come across as being aggressive in this thread baddbaz, saying one view is the only view is forcing your ideas on others. One of the biggest wars, was not about religion, but religious people, and ethnic minorities were targeted. Blaiming all for the crimes of the few, isn't right.

We do seem to be going round the same subject that religion cause all wars, which is historically incorrect. Atrocities are committed in the name of religion. Just as acts of kindness are carried out in the name of religion. Many crimes are commited because the criminal (simply) wants to do something, that is wrong. Religion has no part in it.

Unless Jody Foster tells you to do it.

Luckily I wasn't around in earlier times otherwise I would have been burned , drowned , tortured , racked , starved or whipped for having my own views on religion . In some country's this still goes on unfortuantly .

I don't push my views on to anyone . So I can't see how I have been aggressive in this thread .

I don't even count myself as an atheist . I am a individual who has my own views on religion .and life Gathered from 49 years on this planet .

Every person is entitled to their own opinion on religion . The problems start when they try to force it upon others ,

You said in a post above "the way religious people act" that means all religious people act the way you described. That's judging and forcing your view. If you would have said "some religious people" then that would have been accurate. Have a look at your previous comments, and like I said above, they could be seen as being aggressive.

I've had a look trough this thread and have not come across the ugly head of 'people who are religious', but you said it is so. That could be seen as being aggressive.

athiests cannot claim the persecuted whoa is me card some of the most intolerant people I have ever met are athiests,  I have been told I am mentally ill that I need to be forcibly medicated that I need a minder because I have proved I cannot be trusted to make the right decisions in life. that exposing children to a belief system is child abuse and should result in the courts taking away children from parents

there are intolerant theists and atheists I tend to live by the creed that faith is a private thing and do not practice cold contact evangelism and only discuss my specific views if asked.

I make my judgements on the beliefs of groups based on study of their beliefs and doctrines, its why I am uncomfortable with islam, because of specifics of the rules of the faith, I dislike the Fellowship because of the actions of the church in relation to treatment of those who were held in the camps in ww2 (there was a shift in doctrine and those who were in the camps were unaware of it and were disfellowed due to this by their churchein spite of the fact they were not at fault) similarly I object to the LDS because of the practice of post mortem baptism. 

I agree with Mark Driscol and C.S Lewis religion is an evil and can push men and women further from god as their faith withers and their religion grows stronger.

I like the way Rust described it in the excellent program True Detective - 'Certain linguistic anthropologists think that religion is a language virus that rewrites pathways in the brain.'

I like the wAy the matrix series of films defines mankind . Some of the anolgys are well thought out .

The man acts like only one other life form one is too close to the mark . But very true .

A virus . Destroys everything it comes across to survive . Very deep .

Yeah.  That really stuck with me.  Such an inescapable point of view considering what people do to this planet.  Anyone would think this wasn't actually our home.  Can you imagine if aliens ever visit us.  They would be like, wtf? Screw these guys.  We're not going to let them join the Intergalactic Federation.  They'll trash the solar system.

Archived