Service Guarantees Citizenship

Desolation mkII

Nazi is a term used when a government wants control of who can be a part of its system. As in, it desides who is fit and who isn't fit to vote. Which begs the question. If you label a person less worthy than another, that means you have calculated a margin of worth. So if they have no worth, what's the point in having them in your society?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not about worth, it's about ability to make the decision based on the information. Some people are less able to do that, that's not discrimination, it's just a fact.

There are people out there that vote based on the colour of the party's rosette.

UKIP have themselves said that their under-representation in London is due to the voters being "younger and more media savvy" in London.

i.e. not backward old people.

Also the fact that they can get so many votes and no seats is mental.

I think each party should put forward a list (in order) of who will be elected then all the votes are added together and a ratio is created for all the parties.

The party is then given their number of politicians, and they have to take the top [that number] from their list and give them seats.

That is all.

Its cause the working class, by and large, have been displaced out of London and into Havering, Romford, etc

Similarly, Prince Charles' remarks on the Russians.  Did he compare them to the Nazis because that was absolutely the most accurate comparison, or because it was similar, while also portraying the believed badness of the actions?

Prince Charles didn't say the Russians were like Nazis, he told a Polish person that he felt the actions of Putin in Ukraine, were like how Hitler behaved with regards to places like her homeland.

The Royal Family should shut their mouths when it comes to anything involving the Nazi party. Anthony Blunt was sent over to Germany to retrieve "sensitive" letters between the Duke of Windsor and Hitler... I wonder what they could possibly be about...

Hitler was a nazi though . . . .

My point is that Prince Charles wasn't calling the Russian people Nazis, he was saying Putin's attitude and actions toward Ukraine are similar to that of Hitler in Eastern Europe.

There is a big difference between saying that an entire country are nazis, and saying that Putin is behaving like Hitler.

Good, now that that's clear, no one will ever blame Americans for the War on Terror, since it's just one person's decision.  However, given the widespread Russian support for what's been happening, I hardly feel like I'm slandering their good name.

Anyways, it's rather pedantic, since nationality is often used to represent a nation when it comes to actions, and it's obvious no one was suggesting the entire population of Russia are Nazis, so...

As none of the ideas I have presented involve any sort of social order based upon the racial superiority of Aryans and the persecution of certain ethnic groups, it really can't be Nazism.  Nazism has a definition, and it isn't just "political ideas that I disagree with," as it has come to be used in modern times(Russians call Ukrainians Nazis, Ukrainians say the Russians are acting like Nazis)

Just read this :- 'North West; Out of the 243 council seats up for grabs in Manchester, Liverpool and Preston, UKIP won Zero.' How come the Gaurdian isn't saying that these places are in the same book as London? There are other places also, were UKIP won zero seats.

But the media loves a bit of controversy, so never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Just read this :- 'North West; Out of the 243 council seats up for grabs in Manchester, Liverpool and Preston, UKIP won Zero.' How come the Gaurdian isn't saying that these places are in the same book as London? There are other places also, were UKIP won zero seats.

But the media loves a bit of controversy, so never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

The Guardian, with help from the Conservative party had a sustained attack on UKIP for the last fortnight if not longer... UKIP did damn well in the North, far and above most expectations. That they didn't win in those areas is hardly a surprise, and not particularly news worthy. 

edit:

Last week we were told that UKIP was the second coming of the Nazi party... now it's "this raises real issues about the country's role in Europe" ... we are getting fed a bunch of *suitcase*, just like Ukraine. Wading through it is hard work to say the least

Actually labor did damn well, unless you have other information that I'm not privy to?

Labour did well, but no where near as well as they should have. UKIP in it's current incarnation has been around for all of 11 years, Labour 114. The manpower and money between the two is incomparable. I'd love to see a votes per £ spent analysis. Importantly  UKIP WON the EU elections in this country, they took seven seats from Labour in Doncaster and will be knocking at Ed Miliband's door next year.

Labour always does well in the north. Where Labour made gains it wasnt nearly enough. UKIP won alot of new seats.

If the voting trend continues it will be a con/ukip government.

Your first point is my point entirely except better put. Not so sure on the second, would be a disaster for the Conservative party but we will have to wait and see

That goes for the conservatives too and they've been around for a lot longer than UKIP (same as other parties). If a party forms an alliance with UKIP, then yes, they might have a chance in the next election, but I really can't see that happening. Have UKIP even won a council? But a lot of places only have one branch represented (Labour is the only candidate in a lot of areas).

Yeah the Conservatives got dicked on too. 

UKIP haven't won a council but then again they are explicitly a party based on the europe issue - anything else is an afterthought (probably dreamt up in the cab on the way to the studio) - its their gains across the spectrum (we can put the "they are all ###### off ex-tories" to bed) and their outright win in the Euro's that's noteworthy. Seemingly nothing that the three main parties + concerted media effort against them has worked. 

edit:

Thurrock was Labour's number two council to win - UKIP took three seats from the tories, two from Labour and thus from Labour control into no overall control. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/councils/E06000034 ain't looking good! (unless you are ukipper in which case congrats tea and medals etc etc)

edit 2: I've had my say, I'll pass the baton of arguements to someone else now!

Archived