Throwing away airsoft

HardcoreCook

So I wanna throw away some airsoft guns.

They're really the REALLY bad kind, the "baby's first airsoft" kind of guns, on par with a Jing Gong clone. No one would ever buy these things, it would even be an insult to the guy I bought it from years ago if I sent it back to his place.

I just want them gone.

Now I can completely understand some bin men would be quite surprised to find an M4 (without a barrel) in the bin bag, so let's do this the proper way.

But what is the proper way?

How do I properly dispose of my airsoft guns?

Give em to some kids

Not even kids would want them, the plastic M4 lost its barrel and the plastic trigger broke.

Or take it completely apart and put it in a black bin bag. Or go one step further and destroy the bits that look "dodgy" with a hammer?

I guess I could do that, It'd require some heavy hammer time but perhaps it's doable!

To echo the above comments.  Chop, hack, smash, securely wrap and then just to be sure, spread out the deposits to your bin so the parts get collected a few weeks apart from each other.  Totally ensuring they won't end up together.

Have a bonfire!

Doesn't need to be massive..... Just hot!

The plastics will definitely melt (with thick black smoke so probably best to do it at night)

The pot metals should melt also

Feel free to sit / stand near the fire with some mates and a beer or two. Give those rifles the send off they deserve.

Have a bonfire!

Doesn't need to be massive..... Just hot!

The plastics will definitely melt (with thick black smoke so probably best to do it at night)

The pot metals should melt also

Feel free to sit / stand near the fire with some mates and a beer or two. Give those rifles the send off they deserve.

What could go wrong?

Or just keep them as wall hangers maybe?

Over here it's required by law to have airsoft guns stored in a cabinet/closet that can be locked.

Having them hanging on my wall would get me in a lot of trouble.

Most police stations in then UK will accept them and add them to any regional stock of RIFs and real steel awaiting destructions.

Police station? Call them first and tell them?

No one really has any legal firearms here that they would like to dispose of, they're always worth money and it makes more economic sense to repair it rather than throwing it away. As a result, I doubt the police would even know what to do with it. Other than that I'd probably also get on some dodgy watch list that no government organization can confirm or deny its existence of.

I'll just smashity smashity smash it to pieces and dump it in a wheelie bin.

I've junked airsoft and blank firers. I dismantled them and then cut them up. I then made three packages that contained a mixture of parts from what was destroyed. No package contained a single complete gun. One package went into the dustbin. Another went into the skip at work. The third went to the local Council dump. Sorted!

I'd never hand them in to the Coppers. They'd only use them for propaganda purposes.

• 3 months later...

Archived