Tokyo Marui Hi Capa 5.1 Match Custom Airsoft Pistol

AirsoftAddict

I had one - it got upgraded into a Springfield Armory V12 1911 (don't ask)

In it's stock form it was a fantastic gun. The slide is extra-light with the cutouts, the blowback-housing is made of an unusually lightweight alloy and the rear-sight is plastic rather than the cast zinc of the regular HiCapas.

The slide action on them is just super fast, even when brand new. The lower-frame is made of an alloy containing (what I believe) much more copper and nickel than normal, so it's much harder but also lighter than the regular ones.

If you have any experience with the ASG-Ultimate/Lonex shiny gearbox casings, it's highly reminiscent.

If you get one, take a polishing wheel to the rails on the lower frame to smooth them down, it'll make the slide-action smoother and even faster, but also prevent wear to the slide.

All in all, a lovely pistol, I wish I still had mine in stock form.

My recommended upgrades for these are a nineball tightbore barrel and the Nineball purple gas-routers.

I have the gas routers already, just need the pistol and tightbore,

anybody know how much difference a tightbore in a pistol makes

I've never noticed much of a change in accuracy/velocity, but I've also never set out to measure the before and after. By the way, Pro Airsoft Supplies have put their Laylax/Nineball pistol barrels on clearance for some reason.

Archived