Full Kit on the train...

The Insider

Only in... Taiwan.... one would hope.

Basically this bright spake thought it would be funny to dress up in full kit included M4 and take a ride on a public train.
Only took one stop before someone got upset...  and police were waiting... to drag him off... with a little overreaction maybe... maybe it was well deserved.
and of casue the press had to jump on top to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaMWs9JRyXU

http://www.appledaily.com.tw/realtim...140526/404738/

Bit of a mountain over a mole hill....
But that sort of stupidity does deserve a punishment and he was arrested for intimidating the public in violation of the Social Order Maintenance Act.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The is not the norm in Taiwan. Taiwanese police and public are usually rather tolerant of players wearing gear on the street, and they even allow carrying replicas in public with permission from the police. Below is a picture of movie fans and players dressing up for the showing of the movie: "War Game 229"

393555_292420097444531_465707110_n.jpg

Also, there was a killing spree just a few days ago in Taipei MRT, which was the first incidence in Taiwan, and everyone is rather apprehensive now (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Taipei_Metro_attack). I can understand why the police acted so heavy-handedly.

On the other hand, the arrested player did initially carrying his replicas in gun bags on his way to a game, until he tried to impress a girl and had his picture taken with his replicas.

10374086_690609601001048_862794968295945

Wareing gear in public is fine. In Camden youll find many a person dressed in camo of some kind, even Topshop sports Marpat and Multicam now...

Same with vests Ive had mine on in public 100s of times no one really cares, though as soon as you whip out a rifle then things change..

How stupid do you have to be to get what is to literally 99% of the population an assault rifle out on a public transit system? This guy's lucky he wasn't shot dead by an armed response unit.

the arrested player did initially carrying his replicas in gun bags on his way to a game, until he tried to impress a girl and had his picture taken with his replicas.

*Bangs head on desk repeatedly*

That is idiotic, but done descreatly i dont see a problem.

i used to get the train all the time with a kitbag and 'smg' length gun bag. With combats and boots and a big hoody over the top.

You would be amazed how little people pay attention or even care.

This. Being a student and living in the middle of Amsterdam makes cars really impractical for me. This means that I usually take public transportation to skirms. Nobody cares as long as you don't broadcast what you are doing. You're actually not even doing anything illegal. If travelling in 'tactical' clothing (not cammies) I usually take patches and such off though. 

That is idiotic, but done descreatly i dont see a problem.

i used to get the train all the time with a kitbag and 'smg' length gun bag. With combats and boots and a big hoody over the top.

You would be amazed how little people pay attention or even care.

Hoody will help unless you are Trayvon Martin in Florida.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin

article-2120504-1258DA4D000005DC-955_306

Seriously, some discretion is needed when transporting your gear to Airsoft site. I think camo is OK, but leave the tac gear and replicas in a bag.

Still the point remains. It is not illegal to travel around in kit providing you are not directly impersonating the police or armed forces. Ive done it loads of times on the tube around London, no one even looks at you, if they do its more like 'ahh look at this nutter with his crazy fashion choice' lol

What we were forgetting was a background story before the airsofter presented the weapon in public...

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/1518523/taipei-attacker-tells-police-he-felt-nice-after-subway-killing-spree

While in the end the airsofter was mentally "a few fries short of a happy meal", the public were also in an fear frenzy which aggravated the situation.

lol...

Generally... anyone can wear anything they want any where.

The problem is cause when there is a perceived threat (or indecency) by a member of the public and they make that first call.

During Halloween evening for example... with full kit on the train he maybe could have made it all they way home posing for many more public photos.. and no calls to the police.
But there are fine lines we need to be aware of and taking the gun out of the bag crossed the line,

if i wore a banana hammock to say... meet the queen i would be jumped on as a crazy person.
but at a beach..would be fine....  although on street next to a sunday school while not breaking any laws... would be asking for trouble.

but still... anyone dumb enough to walk in to a bank with an airsoft gun is asking for a Darwin award.

Archived