Full Kit on the train...

The Insider

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again, it's not about the camo, it was the *fruitcage* RIF being *fruitcage* waved about.

I was referring to ace's views on the offensive swimwear discussed. Banana hammocks, my thongs, mankinis and that new Towie abomination are about as sexy as well.... them and the sight generally has the power to put me off my lunch

The guys a moron and rifs should stay boxed and locked in public. I think vests and empty holsters could cause the same as well.

The Swiss practice national service all men under 45 must own the rifle issued by the gov and practice regularly.

As for Israel some of it is armed teachers (issued me carbines iirc) to prevent school shootings some is Israel soldiers off duty with a ready mag and some are open carryin civis with permits. (Generally they are the pistol or Ron kit users as private rifle ownership is a sod iirc)

As for open carry texas they are trying to push for open carry of pistols in texas. Oc of long arms is legal and cc of shorts is if you are 21 and licenced. The idea is to normalise the public to the gun being visible but they are doing it in a *fruitcage* stupid way.

Keeping out of the "real steel" arena, wearing camo trousers and/or a jacket is generally not a problem. Going all out in full gear on any kind of public transport is an invitation to a few "interesting" questions by a police officer at least. In some places it might even win you a Darwin award.

Just don't.

:(

All a matter of societal norms I guess. Maybe if Iraq/Afghanistan were their neighbors.

Off-duty Israeli soldiers

Like paranoiddroid notes, in countries with conscription (e.g. Israel and Switzerland) the public's a lot more familiar with weapons and the mandatory need for off-duty soldiers and on-duty reservists to carry them, and therefore a lot less concerned when they see them carried openly. In Israel you encounter armed police, doormen, guides (carried M1 carbines when I was there, but I've seen everything up to Uzis) and soldiers literally all the time; it is a heavily militarized society where everyone spends 2-3 years minimum doing national service. That is (thankfully) completely different from the UK. I can tell you from experience that most Israelis have nothing but contempt for the settler types that parade their privately-owned weapons in public.

Something like that. I believe the Swiss carry it even further though as they get to keep their rifle long after service. And to think the US used to have something quite similar in the form of Minutemen.

The Swiss get their rifles if they ask for them (I don't know what happens to troops issued pistols instead of rifles) although they did stop giving everyone 50rds of ammunition for their issued weapon and telling them to keep it at home. It's not really a surprise the country's not been invaded for a long time.

As for open carry texas they are trying to push for open carry of pistols in texas. Oc of long arms is legal and cc of shorts is if you are 21 and licenced. The idea is to normalise the public to the gun being visible but they are doing it in a *fruitcage* stupid way.

Absolutely correct, and it is indeed absolutely f***ing stupid.

You must have self asteem issues if you wont wear camoflage jacket and trousers at the same time in public because people might think you are weird.

Either I have self-esteem issues, or I'm trying to avoid giving people the impression I'm in the Army ("walting"), or I'm trying to avoid invoking undue concern about why I'm wearing full battle dress and waltzing around the London. It's one thing to come in from hunting wearing camouflage in a town that hosts a major base; it's quite another to wander around the biggest city in the UK wearing a uniform you're not entitled to.

Self esteem or not...

Camo jacket = hipster

Camo (cargo) pants = rocker

Both = national guard / walt.

Take your pic :P

Things like CoD and BF are bringing airsoft closer to mainstream. Levelcap Gaming etc.

@puresilver

So the construction worker/students/homeless/council workers. Wearing combats are all walts?

*fruitcage* homeless walts, they arent even german, walking around in flecktarn.

I earned my right to wear camo, i dug it out a smelly pile in a dusty shop and paid a fiver. Im not wearing insignia and a cap.

Dressing up in camo and telling people you are a sassbs ranger super unit 5 cod6 = walt.

Wearing camo, someone asks are you in the services you just say no. = not a walt.

I think there is a difference between casual use of camoflauge - I have a pair of dpm's I made into shorts - and "full camo". edit: see in your previous post you wear a hoodie over the top. That's the sensible option that I doubt many have an issue with.

If someone asks you if you are in the services and you aren't you are probably walting! ;)  BDU's take up a fraction of the space compared the other bits and bobs an average airsofter brings with them - maybe an a4 area a few inches deep - and takes a matter of seconds to change depending your motor skills. Each to their own. 

Some days I can't move in Tescos for UBACS.

IMO, the thing that matters if you go full camo is the way it's worn, not what you're wearing.  If it's in good condition, washed, ironed, with all the badges sewn on, belt, tucked in, tied up etc with a beret, badge and rank that's walting.  Wearing all MTP with none of the above is just some clothes.  I wouldn't do it and almost anyone serving would quietly take the out of someone they saw doing that, but then they'd forget about it in a matter of moments and continue about their day not giving a *fruitcage*.

Eaten a maccies in camo trousers post-skirmish many a time, just switch the combat shirt for a t-shirt, not for the aesthetic reasons but because it's more comfortable and changing your torso wear is quick and simple which isn't the case with trousers.  The crye kneepads are a bit inconvenient sometimes, but when you always live on a base you can't really go to a supermarket or fast food place between 4 and 6 without seeing military folks who've come straight from work without changing, most don't even think about it.

Been walking about the countryside areas near me in full camo with LBE in a rucksack a few times for photo ops, no RIFs or mags, the odd dog walker I bump in to barely looks twice.  I really don't believe the average brit has a fear of getting randomly mowed down in the woods or open areas in general, they're probably anti guns but apart from a few small, crime-ridden urban areas in the UK nobody sees gun shaped things, probably 98% haven't even heard of airsoft.  Far as I've experienced, if someone sees you in full kit all they'll do is think "hm.. odd" and carry on with their business; having a camera strapped to you (as I always do) also helps significantly.  The couple of times I've taken pictures on private land in secluded areas while fully loaded up with RIFs, the non-airsofters happen to be in the vicinity (who are fully briefed before any bags are opened) will either pay no attention or maybe ask to have a go.

I think it's pretty simple end of the day, in countries not accustomed to guns you keep RIFs hidden in public and 'tone down' the clothing a bit in whatever way is practical.  I think the main reason not to don your PC and bucket on the train is comfort and practicality more than anything, get a big bag to carry that *suitcase* in.  Modern gear is very comfy compared to the bad old days but it's still a necessary evil worn by the military for protection, not for comfort.  Apart from that wear whatever clothes you fancy, a policy that applies on and off the skirmish field.

My boy wears his Helikon trousers allot because he can carry phone tablet ecig liquid medication wallet pen knife keys etc etc etc all without carrying a bag. Wearing gear can be done without looking a Walt or frightening people but it's a fine line.

As for changing at a skirmish um.... no mainly because the toilets are horrible and I have body image issues.

Just be careful don't play the I'm ex deltasealchairborne ranger space shuttle m134a gunner line and relax.

I'll just pop on a plane to the Phillipines and get some nice ones of you RC :P

Personally:

Guns on transport  .. hahaha lol not unless bagged and properly secured.

Camo - what ever floats your boat.

Plate Carriers - not going to wear em on public transport ... I've had to carry one seperate to stuff a few times when I've not had space, and even then I feel nervous.

... I live in London so wearing a PC would just draw bad attention, and as has been said by countless people in this thread a lot of folk wear camo.

Red velvet dress?

Alice loadout from res evil!

I ride a motorcycle to most of my games, gun bag on the back, small bag on the tank.

Camo trousers and boots don't look out of place on a bike.

Chest rigs will fit in the bag, but sometimes wear a plate carrier under my bike jacket

Yeah, so, without wanting to do the duty "creepy internet guy faced with a lady who does his male dominated hobby" thing and fearful that I am about to do just that.

I'd really like to see ladies skirmish in dresses, you'd have to be a bit careful about the design of dress and what foundation garments you wear with it.

I wear cycling shorts under my kilt so nobody gets a face full of my junk, even when I'm doing John Woo *suitcase*.

Thinking logically, jeans are an excellent, hard-wearing leg covering for airsoft.  Fell running shoes are a lot more manoeuvrable than army boots and a whole t-shirt that is your team colour makes IFF much easier than a bit of electrical tape around the arm.  Camouflage is broadly useless at airsoft engagement ranges anyway unless you are sneaky Dave sneakington (and I am not).

With the exception of LBE civvies are a great way to go and you can save all that uniform money and spend it on an extra couple of mags.

Hell, as much as I hate hicaps, an AEG with a large battery and 2 hicaps taped together means you wouldn't need LBE.

I remember sneering at guys who came to a game in civvies when I was a kid - what a retard I was.

Iv occasionally been tempted to go for a skirt over leggings and some sort of jacket. The ultimate would be an ace loadout a jacket with integral holster and pistols.

I like playing in civis some sort of comfy boots jeans or black combats a shirt and maybe a soft armor vest with a war belt would be my ideal rig now.

If i was doing a dress rig it would be gas thompson or a sten gun a luger A long coat a beret and a silly accent.

allo-2.jpg

Archived