Wot am bestest red dot?

JamesKACF

Hi guys,

so I recently took the plunge into GBBRs with the GHK G5 and I must say I love it.

My problem is that I'm an AEG guy, or at least I have been up to this point and I only know a limited amount about GBBRs and what things, such as optics, are actually usable and won't just fall apart...

Now I know that my foregrip will do just fine and my stock is solid, my PEQ will last(hopefully) and the pistol grip is RS magpul and therefore should do just fine but as the title reads...ish... I needs some advice on red dots.

I'm looking specifically for an Aimpoint T1 style sight and apparently a lot of airsoft replicas just get shaken to pieces when put on GBBs, i.e they can't hold a zero etc.

So I was thinking about getting a cheap RS sight for it and low and behold along comes the primary arms, perfection in a relatively low cost, nice looking and value for money package.....except they will not ship to the UK.......bugger

Soooo those of you who have experience with finding optics for GBBs that are available in the UK some help and advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

I was using an Element Eotech clone for several sessions with my G5 but had to tape down the battery catch as it was working loose resulting in the batteries disconnecting. I'm now using a WE Aimpoint M4 clone - only used it at one event (one day at xSite Outpost) - worked well and held it's setting - will need to do a few more before I can report back any further.

I would go for a vortex optic, but I've already sold my soul and I don't think the bank will let me take out another mortgage.

Primary arms aren't available I the UK

Bushnell might be worth looking into though, heard mixed thints about them I think. What are peoples opinions on Bushnell?

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

Bushnell might be worth looking into though, heard mixed thints about them I think. What are peoples opinions on Bushnell?

Shouldn't have a problem on a GBB rifle, I'd say go for it if you can get hold of one.

WE optics come out of the same chinese factory as tons of other unbranded stuff.  I suppose if you can get one from a UK retailer with a good warranty on it then maybe, but I think the likely end situation there is you'll end up spending as much on replicas over time as you would've just buying something RS right away.  Some people get lucky yes, but I've killed so many cheap red dots now between Electric and Gas blowback rifles I feel fairly confident those folks are in the minority.

I've never seen a good RDS in person, they all have the same terrible problem with wandering dots (Is it called paralax???)

If someone can show me a RDS that works properly that isn't a ten thousand dollar RS sight, I'll be happy.

I've never seen a good RDS in person, they all have the same terrible problem with wandering dots (Is it called paralax???)

If someone can show me a RDS that works properly that isn't a ten thousand dollar RS sight, I'll be happy.

You say that, the clone unbranded clone that I have is very good for that and the dot stays on target perfectly when I move my head.

However it is so unbranded it had eotech plastered on it.... Not really one that I want to trust on a gbb any time soon

You say that, the clone unbranded clone that I have is very good for that and the dot stays on target perfectly when I move my head.

However it is so unbranded it had eotech plastered on it.... Not really one that I want to trust on a gbb any time soon

Might be a really nice one that fell off a factory floor into a lorry, or an end of line sold to a smaller rebrander, or a chineese clone company hit on the perfect lens ratio by accident or design.

PS, can I has?

Well, I use the ACM SRS clone with QD mount and it performs incredibly well, I dont know how it handles the recoil, but in the AR15 pics thread, more than one user has stated it is GBBR recoil proof.

But to be honest, get the strikefire, its great or a Belomo PK-01v and mod a mount to put it into a Rail. I did it yesterday and looks great, even in a dremmeled ACM Larue mount :lol:

Well, I use the ACM SRS clone with QD mount and it performs incredibly well, I dont know how it handles the recoil, but in the AR15 pics thread, more than one user has stated it is GBBR recoil proof.

But to be honest, get the strikefire, its great or a Belomo PK-01v and mod a mount to put it into a Rail. I did it yesterday and looks great, even in a dremmeled ACM Larue mount :lol:

My ACM SRS is the most awesome Airsoft goodie I've ever bought. The QD mount is perfect and the build quality is superb.

Only thing I don't like about it is the noticeable PWM flicker.

Ed ever heard if it's more than one arshoe it's you? It may be your eyes mate.

As for airsoft try the hawe airgun sights?

Let me just check my eyes with some iron sights and scopes.

Yep, my eyes are fine.

Airsoft RDSs are usually cheaply built, the only RDS I've seen without the dot wandering was a RS eotech.

slightly off topic, but I'm traveling to the USA tomorrow, am i able to bring back a 'real steal' sight such as an eotech/aimpoint in my suitcase?

I've been looking at getting vortex sparc/strikefire recently but if i can get an actual eotech while I'm there then i might as well. 

if I'm going to get fisted by customs and immigration however than obviously ill just wait unit I'm back and get the vortex. 

slightly off topic, but I'm traveling to the USA tomorrow, am i able to bring back a 'real steal' sight such as an eotech/aimpoint in my suitcase?

I've been looking at getting vortex sparc/strikefire recently but if i can get an actual eotech while I'm there then i might as well. 

if I'm going to get fisted by customs and immigration however than obviously ill just wait unit I'm back and get the vortex. 

If you do its safer to get a non-NV one such as the 512. NV is straying towards ITAR territory. 

Let me just check my eyes with some iron sights and scopes.

Yep, my eyes are fine.

Airsoft RDSs are usually cheaply built, the only RDS I've seen without the dot wandering was a RS eotech.

King arms tube style rds.

Am using one on my kc02 and it holds zero despite the recoil and doesn't wander off the point of aim if your head isn't bang on where it was when you zero it.

Just wandering around the forum at work and saw this thread :P

To OP regarding the G5 platform, in fact the whole gun can flex a bit with enough stress applied ( without breaking ) , so I would recommend something with one-piece mount with a large footprint like THIS or THIS ( like what I did HERE ), or something like EO Tech 553 ( but I recommend AGAINST ARMS style QD cause the top rail is a bit off-spec, non adjustable QD would be a problem )

In fact I tried few cheapo reflex sights on GBB guns and I would say "many" of them works fine and can hold zero under impact, but I recommend paper-shim the battery cause they sometimes break the circuit.

Archived