Got to say I am really impressed with the speed of service with theses guys.

I ordered some replacement parts for my broken Sig P226 on Thursday 29th Mar evening (receipt is dated 29/05/14 19:49Z). The package arrived AM Monday 02nd Jun here in the UK.

I really wasnt expecting that speedy a delivery, whilst yes I had paid for express delivery (3-5 business days) esentially proccessing, shipping and delivering the package in under 2 business days is reall impressive.

I thoughly reconmedn EHobby Asia, and I will be using them again.

Regards

Coops

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

every two years or so... they have a seriously major turn over of staff... i wont go into causes...  but they can struggle to maintain a solid CS team. CS staff had been a max of 3 and a half... but h

eHobby for me is the Amazon of airsoft... their prices are often the best for many things, and now they're even selling many real gears like T3 gears, ops core and Surefire... (and more shhh)    Re

Don't hold me to it, but I vaguely remember the discussion I had about fees with a UPS rep a few years ago with my once and never again shipment. I was told that UPS use their own 'express' lane clear

until you have a problem with an item. Then you are literally sending email's to a brick wall. That's my experience with them anyway (Had a mag turn up with a blocked open valve) they asked for photos, then video, then I was ignored until I started the process again. Same thing, photos, videos... nothing.

After the third time I gave up, replaced the valve and moved on with my life! (Hopefully I'm just a one off, but I doubt it)

Yeah, they are quick with processing orders (most of the time) but really slow to respond to emails. I tried to cancel an order right after I purchased it but I didn't hear back from them till after it shipped saying it was too late.

Edited by WTF?Shane

every two years or so... they have a seriously major turn over of staff... i wont go into causes...  but they can struggle to maintain a solid CS team.
CS staff had been a max of 3 and a half... but had dropped to 0 on occasion... lol.
recently it was down to 1 again, but have hired 2 more about a month ago.
but new noob staff are generally non-airsofters and can be limited in English... and 3 of cause is still not enough.

Pending the problem of your case... I can and have in the past help other solve problems more quickly by walking in with your order number explaining the case in person, to the right person.

So by applying some screws to the appropriate middle management, one that can make them jump a little to solve issues more swiftly.

ehobyshop is in between home and work, and i go home for lunch so is easy for me to pop in with a little paperwork and say "oooi.. sort your shyt out!"  lol.

just trying to help if i can.

They are still a great range and swift delivery company, but can sadly suffer in CS.

Let me know if anyone needs help.

• Like 4
  • 5 months later...

There's no tip, there shipping depends. I placed an order on the 25th, have yet to see any shipment notices. Sometimes takes 2-5 business days+ To get their orders out. I hope they ship it by Friday.

You can use this to save 10%.. might aswell spread the word : ACC10F14

eHobby for me is the Amazon of airsoft... their prices are often the best for many things, and now they're even selling many real gears like T3 gears, ops core and Surefire... (and more ;) shhh) 

Re:Squad, why does UPS end up costing more in customs? Isn't it all dependent on what is declared on the package? I know Fedex charges £10.50 for handling fee, Parcel Force (or EMS) is £13.50, how bad could UPS be? 

• Like 1

eHobby for me is the Amazon of airsoft... their prices are often the best for many things, and now they're even selling many real gears like T3 gears, ops core and Surefire... (and more ;) shhh) 

Re:Squad, why does UPS end up costing more in customs? Isn't it all dependent on what is declared on the package? I know Fedex charges £10.50 for handling fee, Parcel Force (or EMS) is £13.50, how bad could UPS be? 

In my experience UPS packages are almost always checked by customs, while EMS may just slip through without being looked at.

Although I understand at the moment customs are cracking down generally, so there's a greater chance in general.

Re:Squad, why does UPS end up costing more in customs? Isn't it all dependent on what is declared on the package?

Don't hold me to it, but I vaguely remember the discussion I had about fees with a UPS rep a few years ago with my once and never again shipment. I was told that UPS use their own 'express' lane clearance system and as such this is reflected in the 'handling fee' (Which is why you can pay the broker the import fee's before the parcel reaches UK soil if the paperworks done correctly before shipment).

• Like 1

UPS can be very bad ;)

Don't get me wrong I've nothing against EHobby, I'd recommend them to anyone.

I've always had great service and good prices etc.

But just that one continual problem over EMS shipping on parts,

after making it clear on the request section on the order, and also on the Paypal request,

stuff still gets sent UPS, this has happened to me quite a lot, and has happened to friends too.

I got a package from them sent mistakenly by UPS and I had to pay more or less the same value as the declared goods in customs fees and their special extras ;)

If shipped by EMS there is about a one in ten chance of being stopped by Customs here, and if so you'll be charged the 20% (approx/can't remember exactly) the value, not extortionate ransom rate of UPS.

There excuse was that they missed the cut-off time for EMS, so used UPS instead, but the fact is it has happened a few times with me and friends, I thought maybe as UPS is collected, it might suit them not to have to go to a post-office.

They informed me that EMS post is also collected from them too ???

But there really is no point buying some spare parts with a 10% discount if your going to be shafted by UPS for half the total price again.

Great shop, great selection, they just have a problem understanding the request 'EMS Only Please'

That's really odd, I definitely have never had the EMS / UPS mix up problem, and regardless of which shipping method, there's a 95% chance of my stuff being stopped as long as the declared value is over £14 and isn't declared as gift. One small difference is, when it's EMS, Parcel Force holds it ransom until you pay up, where as with Fedex (and UPS?), they deliver first, then invoice to charge. So it sounds like the problem you're having is that you get to gamble with EMS, where as for me, there's no gamble, regardless of shipping method, as long as the declared value is higher than the threshold, I'm charged by customs, which is 20% of declared value + courier dependent handling fee.  

Yeah pretty much, things slip through only when a mistake is made, in so many years of airsoft binge buying, i've experienced it once where a pistol declared at full value went through without them checking for ukara or charging customs. The policy if I recall correctly is any merchandise above £14 is charged 20% plus £8 - 13.50 handling fee, gifts up to value of £40 is exempt. It's the reason why many ebay sellers end up putting "old socks $15" on packages when you buy a vest.

FEDEX releases parcels before payment of taxes and charges are required.

UPS driver waits while you either call their office to pay or pay them in cash the duties and taxes owed before they release the the parcel to you.

Ditto UPS scenario for DHL.

In Hong Kong, DHL are quite "anxious" about RIF's, they will always insist upon opening up your package to inspect before they accept it.

If your package contains RIF's, in my experience, I would prefer UPS over EMS/PF every time.

UPS clears customs much quicker, if they know the parcel contains a RIF, they'll call you and email you a very simple for to complete.

Return the form to them and pay any duties/taxes owed and you'll have your parcel by tomorrow.

Overall, if your receiving a package via UPS/DHL/FEDEX it takes about 2-3 days to arrive in your possession from the day of posting from HK, for EMS/PF, the quickest I received it was 5-7 days. 

FEDEX releases parcels before payment of taxes and charges are required.

UPS driver waits while you either call their office to pay or pay them in cash the duties and taxes owed before they release the the parcel to you.

Ditto UPS scenario for DHL.

In Hong Kong, DHL are quite "anxious" about RIF's, they will always insist upon opening up your package to inspect before they accept it.

If your package contains RIF's, in my experience, I would prefer UPS over EMS/PF every time.

UPS clears customs much quicker, if they know the parcel contains a RIF, they'll call you and email you a very simple for to complete.

Return the form to them and pay any duties/taxes owed and you'll have your parcel by tomorrow.

Overall, if your receiving a package via UPS/DHL/FEDEX it takes about 2-3 days to arrive in your possession from the day of posting from HK, for EMS/PF, the quickest I received it was 5-7 days. 

Really useful, thanks Bladerunner.

I am currently tracking a parcel from eHobby, i'll write up my experience when the package arrives. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

just placed an order for 5.11 because of 5.11 days you get 20% off. ordered for 339.99usd naturally the discount should be 67,99usd.

There are no off-sale items on my list so I am not combining different offers.

discount received? 45,99usd.

Someone made a mistake there. It happens I guess.

I let them know in my order (the additional info block)

I will await their feed back and publish my experience with their customer service here.