I have the Flyye in Ranger Green.. fantastic piece of kit. Seriously recommend it. Worth that extra in my opinion, it's built like a tank, will last me a good long while I'm sure! 

Could you elaborate on that, please? I am trying to make a decision between the MODI and Flyye one.

I've checked over the seams and they all seem to be very good quality, with no fraying at all. The material on the shoulders is nice, not sure if its hypalon or not but its definitely very strong and yet incredibly flexible. Adjustment is fantastic. Velcro is very strong for the cumberbund which is a good thing. Comes with some fake plates, I got foam plates in my small but a friend of mine got hollow plastic in his medium. 

With me having the small it makes the kangaroo pouch pretty tight to fit 3 AR mags in, which was less than ideal, I tried to use one of the kydex insert things but that wouldn't even go in there. It came with velcro to close off the pouch and keep it flat so i've done that and stuck some TACOS on there (officially the hardest pouch attachment in the world - bloody MALICE clips) which works perfectly for me.

The shoulder pads are really comfortable as standard but I stuck some PIG shoulder pads on there too just to beef them up a little, very worth while and looks the part too. 

I used to run a WAS DCS in multicap but I am more than happy swapping out to this, I feel the quality is definitely on par if not slightly better potentially. 

Only one gripe would be that there is some plastic reinforcement material in between the layers of cordura on the side panels.. it's bloody sharp and I shredded my finger tips installing the MOLLE pouches, but it keeps it all together and stops it drooping so realistically it's not a bad thing! 

Any more questions fire away, hope that helped! I'll get some pictures tonight if I can! 

• Like 1

I may just grab the MODI one and see what its like for £40 or whatever it is its not a huge loss and I can always flog it if i really dont like the quality, and then upgrade to the Flyye,  I was looking at the crye version but my wallet cryed too much at the price(sorry).

I know I looked at the Crye originally before deciding on the Flyye.. Crazy amounts of money, in my opinion too much for airsoft! 

I wont tell you how much I just paid for my Arc'teryx kit... :o  I think i'm going to go for the MODI its just too cheap to not give it a whirl and from the pics it looks pretty good for the price.

Edited by Pdubyuh

Haha the Arc'teryx kit is a tricky one for me.. I REALLY want some but my sensible side reminds me of the *badger*ing the missus will give me.. I suppose some of it has multipurpose so that's one side of an excuse!! Hmm haha I have an Arc'teryx cap that's it so far!

You're right the MODI does look good! Shame it's not a bit more available here in the UK and available in those smaller sizes too!

Difference between Flyye and MODI JPC

The main difference is the fact that the Modi is made by 500D Nylon and the Flyye is made by 1000D cordura. The Modi is still a very well built vest as far as the stitching and quality as it is made by Flyye. Another main difference is the webbing. The Modi uses fake multicam while the Flyye uses CB webbing.

Oh really did not know that they came from the same factory! Also quite interesting that the webbing is different, not sure which I prefer on that, I wonder why they didn't make it Multicam on the Flyye too.. 

They have a version with multicam webbing, bit more expensive though.

http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?products_id=7235

• 3 months later...

Got this for like four months, and the quality is still impressing me. I go full throttle on my gear, so often the clones do not last long. On this one there is literally no signs of wearing so far. Took it for dynamic course  with real steel and it performed above the expectations (nothing got ripped or torn). Overall the price/quality is top notch! Aaaand it comes in L/XL sizing, which for me is perfect (being 190 cm/100 kg). The only letdown is the multicam is non licensed, so it does differ from the genuine MC (Modi is a bit more like MTP). Absolute bang for the buck imho.

• 8 years later...

Hi Guys,

It sounds like you're discussing tactical gear, perhaps a plate carrier or a similar item. The Modi seems to be a replica of the Real Crye JPC, and ShooterCb might be the primary supplier for it in the UK. You mentioned the quality and reputation being impressive, especially noting the similarity in materials between the replica and the authentic vest. The Flyye version, made in the same factory as the Modi, is likely regarded as one of the best replicas available, with similar shoulder strap materials as the genuine vest. It seems like you've got a keen eye for quality gear!