Weapon mountable laser rangefinder (for snipers)

I havent used one but I do want to do it, so my logic is:

* My hability to judge distances is horrible, so a range finder will help me to learn judging them and eventually stop needing it to use it in game.

* If I know how far my gun shoots and I can size the distance to a far target which im not sure if it is in my range im less likely to think "that bramston pickle is not calling his hits"

* I will be able to know how far my gun shoots and compare it to further iterations of it as I upgrade it or change it

* From a rifleman point of view, it is not very useful, but if it is a bolt action sniper at 550FPS (my local limits) or dmr at 450FPS I dont want to judge poorly and shoot someone from too close

Of course these are just some of my personal reason for actually want a range finder, every one might have their own to use it, or to not using it, all of them perfectly valid, I just hapen to think these gadgets are useful, at shorter distances? yes, but useful

Cheers

• Like 2

I'm just asking because I don't know, but is a range finder useful in airsoft?

I mean, our BB's don't go further than 100 meters, but can someone with a fine tuned airsoft sniper rifle make use of knowing the range to adjust hop up accordingly?

MAYBE, if you had some way of making repeatable adjustments and marking them for specific distances.  More likely, you're better off with a nice flat trajectory dialed in at the bench and left alone.

On the other hand, a weapon mounted rangefinder would absolutely be useful to an airsoft sniper for deciding whether or not to engage.  With practice and experience you can make estimations, but knowing the range to target with some accuracy will let you make the most of whatever minor range advantage you might have, instead of giving away your position unnecessarily with a "Hail Mary" shot.  

Dear China:  Please stick one of these in a Wilcox RAPTAR replica.  

• Like 1

I'm just asking because I don't know, but is a range finder useful in airsoft?

I mean, our BB's don't go further than 100 meters, but can someone with a fine tuned airsoft sniper rifle make use of knowing the range to adjust hop up accordingly?

Because airsofters play airsoft, which means that if you have a sniper rifle shooting 70m with a 30m minimum engagement, there is a fair chance the rifle is actually shooting something like 55 meters and you're shooting at people 20m away!

• Like 1