KJW CZ P09

kenxin

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A vice with some padding, a good quality roll pin punch of the correct size, a hammer, and a couple of good poundings should do it. Short of that I don't know :p

I had the same on my PPQ when taking out the roll pin at the front of the frame. It literally took 20-25 solid blows to get it all the way out... :o 

1.5 or 2mm hex driver also works. the type with the handle, not the L keys.

use a 4oz hammer else you risk spreading the chamber on insertion once you are done tinkering. or be mega gentle with a bigger hammer.

wait there is a guarder kit for the p09 now? link??

I've had mine for over a year now and it's still shooting just fine (actually better than that). I've not had any of the slide issues (drawing back the slide when the pistol is canted to the left or in any other direction). I've also not had the trigger issue mentioned in the video either. Hurray for me (lol).

I will say that it took quite awhile for the hop to soften up and function as it should all the time. I'm using .25's with no difficulty now. The pistol does seem to prefer the CO2 magazines (which is good as it was 31F here this AM). However, the Green Gas mags are perfect for indoor CQB use.

Finish is holding up well. The only addition I've made to mine is a threaded barrel but I'm still looking for a good standard length barrel with proper trades.

For the price I paid for the P09 and general lack of "issues" I've had with the pistol, I've got to call it a good buy. I had wanted a full size heavy pistol (cant stand the M9 and while I like the P226/P229 they both sit higher in the hand than I like) and while price is always a issue, I still think I'm better off with this than the FNX (which I do hope they finally work out all the issues on as it is a nice looking pistol). 

My only difficulty is getting more CO2 magazines in the US. 

I've had mine for over a year now and it's still shooting just fine (actually better than that). I've not had any of the slide issues (drawing back the slide when the pistol is canted to the left or in any other direction). I've also not had the trigger issue mentioned in the video either. Hurray for me (lol).

I will say that it took quite awhile for the hop to soften up and function as it should all the time. I'm using .25's with no difficulty now. The pistol does seem to prefer the CO2 magazines (which is good as it was 31F here this AM). However, the Green Gas mags are perfect for indoor CQB use.

Finish is holding up well. The only addition I've made to mine is a threaded barrel but I'm still looking for a good standard length barrel with proper trades.

For the price I paid for the P09 and general lack of "issues" I've had with the pistol, I've got to call it a good buy. I had wanted a full size heavy pistol (cant stand the M9 and while I like the P226/P229 they both sit higher in the hand than I like) and while price is always a issue, I still think I'm better off with this than the FNX (which I do hope they finally work out all the issues on as it is a nice looking pistol). 

My only difficulty is getting more CO2 magazines in the US. 

Mine was sent by mistake by the retailer when I ordered a KJ CZ75 and haven't experienced any issues racking the slide however holding the gun or any issues with the trigger, infact it's a pretty good gun.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just bought their "latest version" that comes with a plastic-polymer slide. The outer barrel and sights are full metal and the blow back unit is the same as the original. Slide and frame are tan colored and the pistol is rated for green gas use. Makes the pistol more "indoor CQB" friendly.

Apparently ASG/KJW must have listened to the complaints about less than great performance of the metal slide version when using green gas (it could be sluggish depending on the temperature). You cannot, however, use the C02 magazines in this model!

This new slide changes the dynamics significantly. Slide is made of very thick plastic-polymer with no seams and really well done trades. Slide speed is very fast and I would say it is even better than a TM plastic slide when using green gas. The only issue is that the slide stop cut is not metal re-enforced as TM does on their pistols now.

Number of shots from a fully gassed magazine has increased and you can install the full metal slide group from from a C02 rated version and then use the C02 magazines. I tried this and installed the full metal slide group from my black P09 onto the new pistols tan frame and it worked perfectly with the C02 magazine!

All this for $85.00 US. Not a bad deal if you have the original black version and were thinking about getting the two tone model. 

After much thinking, I finally got myself a black p09... The Japanese version.
Not that there's a whole lot of difference as far as I can tell.
It comes with a plastic slide and two hammer springs...
One long and hard and one soft and short..(that sounds so wrong????)
Basically for summer and winter
The only other thing is the magazine valve that has been changed to allow for a-134 gas.
Filling the mag with above mention gas and pulling the trigger actually wasn't bad...the recoil is not the snappiest but considering the weak ass gas, I was pleasantly surprised.

I did spring for a metal slide and as nonex mentioned, it did jam, but literally 10 seconds with a file fixed that.
Surprisingly though, even with the metal slide the 134 gas is able to cycle it and lock back on empty.
But as people have mentioned, this pistol really should be fed co2, so I bought a co2 mag and wow!!...
Just what the doctor ordered!
I swapped the recoil spring with an AIP 120% hi capa and it works beautifully.
I also put a nineball tight bore in and I definitely need a way to tone the fps down????...
As it is, it shoots 360fps with .25g way too hot.
But by god, the recoil,the sound and the snappiness is awesome!
Gas efficacy is really good too,I can get 3 full mags from one co2 cartridge and cool down only really sets in after 1 1/2 mag of rapid fire.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with the gun, definitely one of my favourites
  • 2 months later...

Another nozzle went in my beater p09. Destroyed the nozzle spring as well as it pinched it and kinked it way out of shape (good thing I ordered a stock of these as well).  

I seriously just need to start ordering nozzles in 20 packs. 

Other than that, nothing else has snapped lately.

• 3 months later...

I need your help guys.

On my old CZ P-01 "Duty" the doubleaction isnt working anymore.

I can pull the trigger all the way back but the hammer isnt releasing.

In singleaction it works fine but I need that damn DA mode fixed.

Are there any known fixes for that ?

• 6 months later...

Just got a P-09, metal slide, tan frame, threaded barrel, CO2 magazines.

It fires nicely, but doesn't seem to want to lock back on empty.  I can hear it trying, but it doesn't quite make it.

When the slide is racked manually with an empty magazine inserted, it always locks smoothly and immediately.

Any thoughts on what may be happening and how to remedy?

• 4 weeks later...

anyone else have had this problem?

basically n° 29 (the ring that adjust the bucking) broke on me.

One side of the ring snapped off.

2pob7mx.jpg

anyone know where I can find a replacement, or possibly a better part?

Thanks

Email KJW directly, they will get you any spare part you need.

Use

sales@kjworks.com.tw

They speak English and they respond quickly. Prices will probably be lower than the ASG retailers too.

Archived