PolarStar Fusion Engine V3 in a King Arms Galil MAR

Update:

I have got a buyer for the MAR so I am pulling the P* out of it and I have ordered some junk from the USA.

Amped Airsoft has some great stuff.

I ordered:

Their Purple low flow poppet to improve efficiency

A shim kit to adjust it as necessary.

An S2 lightning banjo, also for efficiency but it will allow me to have shorter dwell times and therefore increase ROF.

An APS UAR conversion kit to allow the gearbox to fit in an the UAR.

A red nozzle for experimentation.

A grip connect system to fit a hard air connector point to the rifle.

Some lube.

A Polarstar patch to show everyone that I am a superior airsofter  ;-) .

The world's biggest speed loader (seriously, the Umarex SL-14.  It's mahoosive).

I also ordered 5 PTS EPM magazines (Amped Airsoft only had 5).  They are stupidly expensive but apparently they are worth it.

If they don't feed fast enough I will be putting the HSA REMF modified followers in and the Vaneras upgrade mag springs in them.

Shouldn't be a problem then.

I will investigate building an upgraded tracer unit with some kind of micro controller, apparently you can do good things with Arduino or similar.

Anyway, those bits will come at some point and I will buy a UAR next month.

I'll continue to update when I do that.

If anyone reading this is considering getting a P* then consider this:

I bought some P* gear from Amped Airsoft 2 days ago and it is here now.

It actually took Grange Airsoft in the UK longer to get my parts to me than this.

That's service.

Damn.

• Like 1

I've done that buddy.. I have some photos of it too hang on i'll find it and get them sorted for you.. Can also forward you to the bloke I got to do mine as he knows what to do.. 

EDIT: Genuinely can't find the photos anywhere.. I literally just had a friend mill 5-6mm down into the base of the lower frame of the fusion engine.. means the fusion engine is no longer useable in a G36 as it went lower than the retaining pin hole but that doesn't bother me in a UK.. 

If you want some photos I can sort some for you but It'll have to wait for Sunday as my AK is at my parents assembled at the moment. 

EDIT  #2: FOUND THEM!!

DNYYxKN.jpg

GeGkNWd.jpg

ubvehKN.jpg

KaAq5TK.jpg

As you can see from the last picture it's a very tight fit with the FCU Data cable.. you need to have the Banjo slightly angled to make it all fit, it's REALLY tight... took me a quite to re route the clear airlines to make some more space. 

Edited by DeltaZero

Haha well good luck. You don't need to go down as far as I did, I just had it go down that far to be safe.

Get in touch with QQexDERA or Paradigm Rifleworks (http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/user/4216-qqexdera/) if you need to get it sorted properly, he did mine so knows what he's doing :)

Edited by DeltaZero
  • 2 weeks later...

I have here a picture of my botched job of fitting the S2 banjo:

2fdea996-e641-4c4c-a394-51932ea61473_zps

It fits fine though, it's just ugly.

Also, if you are having trouble finding the appropriate Imperial allen keys to work on your Polarstar gearbox then you might like this top tip:

Just use Torx drivers, they are tapered so you can push them in further to get them to bite.

Awesome.

Gun is all back together with an R-hop fitted, got enough rounds through it to confirm that with a 363mm Orga 6.23mm barrel, red nozzle and Amped purple poppet I am getting 277fps with a .28g tracer at 110psi.

That is exactly 1 joule, ideal.

However, it will now not load at any dn setting.

At all.

I am angry and confused and I am giving up, I will get back on it another day.

Easy to tune my sweaty *albartroth*.

I have been all over this thing today, I have had to trim some material off the lips of the hop rubber and remove material from the inside of the hop unit.

It now works outside the gun, science knows what will happen when I stick it back in there.

• Like 1