"New Wave" Small Rice 7 (MP7) Review

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's just a bit strange that no one in the English speaking world has done a review on the "new wave" MP7.     I hear a lot of raves on the VFC MP7, which while I am sure is 1:1 and kicks like a mul

Calbur20 left with me his New Wave Small Rice (MP7) to fix up. He had mangled the trigger bar spring which I was to fabricate a new replacement for and find out why it was having difficulty applying s

I’m not sure if any of you other owners have noticed, but WE’s Facebook page posted up an offer for free improved gas routers which will improve cool down/efficiency and performance. You just have to

Posted Images

DId you guys change to the steel stock button? 

My stock one started to retract after my 4th mag (thats like 10*C here atm).  I took it apart and it had deformed enough to start wearing the sliding stock.  I changed to the steel one provided and problems went away. So gotta watch out there else your stock bits may incur damage.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

:D

For the record.  My triggers are still going strong.  I might oil temper the surface of the hammer just in case it does wear.  Its had over a thousand rounds no issues so far.

Actually I added an AEG spring as a buffer to the backplate to increase the ROF.  Still full bolt travel too.

Starting to think i got a lemon what with so many parts breaking recently. My disconnector snapped in half, nozzle doesn't return to the BBU/think the return spring broke off, the End plate that holds the body pins broke where the stock button is. The end plate still functions and holds the body pints, just a piece cracked off. I do accept that the hammer became inoperable because i filed it too much.

Range is amazing with the 226mm orga barrel and maple leaf bucking with .30g though. I've been worried about my nozzle breaking, but just found out that its the same as the WE m4 open bolt nozzle which means its easy to find and replace.

If you can get pics that would help.  I haven't heard or seen major issues with other SMG 8 owners as yet, and mine is still going good, though only went through thousand rounds.

Sure. I dont know how to work with pictures so they're kinda tiny.

Here's the broken disconnect.

MiY3Hy.jpg

Here's the broken part on the back plate where the charging handle locks into. It got worse and broke off but the stock locking button still works.

MY2zPf.jpg

Last but not least. This happened a few minutes ago.

xMNcUv.jpg

This gun has too much recoil for its own good. If i do decide to get replacement parts, i'll have to try putting a spring section on the back plate like some of you guys did and a stronger recoil spring to dampen the recoil. Not sure if i will though, might sell off the upgrade parts i bought for it and hang it on my wall.

You know, that's something I didn't think about.. Derp. I used it in a game a couple weeks ago, was over 100*F. I mostly use HPA guns/tap everything for HPA so I forgot about propane/GG and temperature. Haha jeez I feel stupid.

It's still working, so I'm going to put some o-rings on the recoil spring for now to buffer it and a cut spring on the back plate.

You know, that's something I didn't think about.. Derp. I used it in a game a couple weeks ago, was over 100*F. I mostly use HPA guns/tap everything for HPA so I forgot about propane/GG and temperature. Haha jeez I feel stupid.

It's still working, so I'm going to put some o-rings on the recoil spring for now to buffer it and a cut spring on the back plate.

100F should be just fine. It's about 100F everyday here in Texas and I've run nearly 15K rounds since I got it. I think you might have just got a lemon. If anything maybe the tolerances were really off making the parts unable to cope with the energy transfers.

Holy MOG, it's kicking stupidly hard at 8*c. I can't begin to imagine 40*c. I shoot RS often and the MP7 definitely out kicks a .22 AR15 at 15*c.

That being said, yeah either a stronger recoil spring or a buffer spring added should do fine. I am unfortunately no where near my guns ATM, can't take a pic of the mod I did.

Yeah it takes we barrels, I was able to fit an orga barrel made for "we gbb."

I need to take back my statement that we m4 nozzles fit; I was going off of what someone else had said.. After trying it, there's no way it would work haha. My nozzle broke, and with no replacements easily available I had to superglue it back together. Has held up for a few hundred rounds so far.

Here is the custom buffer:

gallery_7657_2175_91008.jpg

Its actually looped around inside of the plastic buffer piece.  I cut channels into the back of the plastic buffer so the spring would sit flush behind the buffer when it is all reassembled.

Otherwise, sorbophane might also work, probably though less dampening of the impact than a full on spring such as this.

This system does increase ROF noticeably.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

Update on the trigger mod: 

A bit more than thousand rounds and my gun started to shoot full auto on semi. 

Turns out, the hammer area where its catching on the hammer release/semi auto sear, is wearing, the bolt closed trip release has enough momentum to override the hammer release sear and fire on full auto.

I then tried to heat the hammer and sear to get it hardened.  A VERT BAD idea.  The hammer was ok, but the sear bubbled like pot metal. What ever they added into the material had the appearance of chrome but was in too small quantities to actually harden/strengthen the material.

After resurfacing the bubbled sear I got it working for a mag, and both the hammer and sear are now worn.

So off to KIC for a set of steel hammer and sears.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n