"New Wave" Small Rice 7 (MP7) Review

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's just a bit strange that no one in the English speaking world has done a review on the "new wave" MP7.     I hear a lot of raves on the VFC MP7, which while I am sure is 1:1 and kicks like a mul

Calbur20 left with me his New Wave Small Rice (MP7) to fix up. He had mangled the trigger bar spring which I was to fabricate a new replacement for and find out why it was having difficulty applying s

I’m not sure if any of you other owners have noticed, but WE’s Facebook page posted up an offer for free improved gas routers which will improve cool down/efficiency and performance. You just have to

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Slight necro, finally got around to trying to make this gun skirmish friendly, the restrictor disc from fg-airsoft takes the gun from 380 fps to around 320, which is very cqb healthy for the UK.

http://fg-airsoft.com/en/nozzles-and-related/163-barrel-reinforcement-for-ghk-pdw-.html

(err their link's url looks wrong, but it links to the correct product)

Their estimated % reduction is way off, the white ring took the gun down to 230 fps, where as the black one took it down to 320-330, I think I'll probably apply the blue one to a 400+ fps WE MP5 which hopefully will bring it down to around the same level. 

Edited by blobface
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Problems:

I found  my MP7 has a problem on auto, where the first round would fire, and then the 2nd and 3rd round would be delayed as it sounds like light-striking. 

I have checked for bolt bounce.  The design eleviates this issue so I can't see why this is occuring.

But as I burst fire a bit more the gun becomes normal again.  Semi-auto is fine.

Temperature is around 14*C or so.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n
  • 1 month later...

Necro: 

A few of my mags have started gently leaking from the bottom, thanks to the pin based magazines which I hate. Could anyone direct me to a more.. "permanent" solution based on sealant? I'm sure I've seen it somewhere but can't seem to find it again, thanks! 

Edited by blobface

Disassemble magazine, use Grey RTV silicone gasket sealant in a very very thin layer under the O-ring.  Those don't seem to react the the propane being stored there.  Then reassemble magazine.

Don't use red or green or blue gasket sealants, as they react to the propane.

Note:  Sorted the auto problem, turns out to be a combination of worn firing pin and worn bolt carrier from the hammer.  Hammer needs to be modified to prevent it from wearing the bolt carrier.

• 1 month later...

I have a TM MP7 that's been running great for me but I've modded it a bit to fit my gameplay needs. I was just going to get another TM MP7 since I already have mags but a 1:1 MP7 that isn't the VFC intrigues me. From what I gathered the biggest issues are the mushy triggers and the assortment of general WE things right? Has anyone skirmished theirs before, holds up through a game? 

Yeah it is great isn't it. 

Thats what got me to buy it, the kick and FPS.  It is a more than adequate primary if you play with real/low capacity or if you pick your shots against the hicap crowds.

Though, so summarise the issues/solutions found so far:

- Sliding stock catch (not steel and  will wear over a few rounds --> must replace with steel catch which is included in the box)

- Stock FCG (Mushy+ will wear over time --> must replace with steel FCG)

- Aftermarket steel FCG (Also mushy + wears bolt carrier --> will require modification before installation else many other things will go wrong)

- Hop up (the hop adjustor  does not depress the hop rubber enough --> will require modification)

- Rear of receiver (will break if skirmishing over 40*C--> requires sorbo pad or other buffer system added to rear of receiver)

- Rear stock plate (will break at the stock catch due to recoil loosening the stock screws --> locktite all screws at the back)

- Poor cold weather performance (stock flute valve spring is too strong--> clip spring by 1.5-2 rungs to enable <0*C function)

Edited by 3vi1-D4n
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I just got this toy for myself and I already noticed the bad trigger pull on semi. What my problem really is that I can't seem to adjust the hop-up. The hex key that came with the gun will not catch on the grub screw that allows the adjustment of the hop-up no matter how I tried to insert. I also tried different sizes of keys but no sell. I looked in the hole but could not tell if there is even a screw in there. Will disassemble soon but tought I would ask if anyone had any similar experiences.

• 2 weeks later...