"New Wave" Small Rice 7 (MP7) Review

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's just a bit strange that no one in the English speaking world has done a review on the "new wave" MP7.     I hear a lot of raves on the VFC MP7, which while I am sure is 1:1 and kicks like a mul

Calbur20 left with me his New Wave Small Rice (MP7) to fix up. He had mangled the trigger bar spring which I was to fabricate a new replacement for and find out why it was having difficulty applying s

I’m not sure if any of you other owners have noticed, but WE’s Facebook page posted up an offer for free improved gas routers which will improve cool down/efficiency and performance. You just have to

Posted Images

Going to have to decide if I actually want to install it when it gets here, it should have been obvious but I wasn't concentrating when I ordered it, don't see why it wouldn't work but it's not reversible, the folding grip will have to be ditched if I were to install this. Will see. 

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of things. I take it the charging handle is meant to reciprocate with every shot?

Most importantly my safety appears to be working in a funny manner. If I cock it on safe and pull the trigger it doesn't fire, switch to semi or auto and it does (no issue here) but then if I move it back to safe with it still cocked and pull the trigger it fires.

I think I must've borked the selector when reassembling it but it's odd.

Got the trade plate kit (hooray!). Any idea which way round I should put the silver sticker on the bottom?

Can't wait for the suppressor to come in along with the M300 and sort a T1 (any suggestions for one that won't die on a GBBR?). Thanks!

Couple of things. I take it the charging handle is meant to reciprocate with every shot?

Most importantly my safety appears to be working in a funny manner. If I cock it on safe and pull the trigger it doesn't fire, switch to semi or auto and it does (no issue here) but then if I move it back to safe with it still cocked and pull the trigger it fires.

1. It shouldn't. But this gun has a pretty wild recoil.

2. That happens on mine too, tough it can be only fired once if you put it in safe again. I assume it is due to the mod I did on the hammer which makes semi trigger pulls better(altough rarely I get a 2 round burst on semi).

1. It shouldn't. But this gun has a pretty wild recoil.

2. That happens on mine too, tough it can be only fired once if you put it in safe again. I assume it is due to the mod I did on the hammer which makes semi trigger pulls better(altough rarely I get a 2 round burst on semi).

1.  The cocking handle wears because the indentation that allowsit to lock in place isn't shaped correctly and wear out.  You need to get a dremel and make the area sharper.  A common problem on the SMG 8 and MP7

2.  The safety issue happens, no solution for that.  Mine is the same.

Fair enough. Take it the steel trigger kit doesn't fix it? Was looking into buying it anyway along with looking at the hop mods.

Also does anyone know how easy it is to remove the inner barrel from the angrygun MP7 suppressor? Got one coming in but don't want a restrictor disc as I'd like to run it unsuppressed sometimes.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally purchased one of these  :rolleyes:

I couldn't feel any mush on the trigger but still took the hammer out to look for it! I think WE have made a change (attached).

Mine also seems to have the trigger spring replaced with a spacer and do feel the trigger could do with a little more weight as the safety is catching the body  :(

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have the odd problem of the trigger sometimes doing nothing. This happens randomly(and usually at the worst time) and sometimes the hammer drops after I pull the trigger a few times, other times I need to pull the bolt back again. Nothing seems to be broken tough Im gonna give it another look. Any ideas? Could this be due to the mod to the hammer?

• 8 months later...

Yeah that was actually my problem. It is further escalated by the replacement parts from Kyairsoft. The new springs are much weaker and the new trigger bar actually doesn't have it's built in spring anymore. I can't release the hammer without somehow giving the spring more pressure.

Since I went to a steel hammer/trigger sear set there has been no wear.  

http://shop.kic.tw/portal_c1_cnt_page.php?owner_num=c1_33589&button_num=c1&folder_id=7632&cnt_id=88590&search_field=all_field&search_word=smg8&search_field2=&search_word2=&search_field3=&search_word3=&bool1=&bool2=&search_type=1&up_page=1

But the hammer, will then wear out the bolt carrier due to a few design issues.  Long story short, WE's hammer design, when replicated with steel, will wear the valve release areas on the bolt carrier.  

The biggest issue isn't that.

It is over time, the pin that holds the striker in place will bend from impact, leading to a decrease in FPS and irratic full auto.  To solve this you need to temper the pin, and then modify the mechbox so that striker assembly stops not by where the pins stop, but at the front of the striker area. 

So far, no other issues have popped up.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

Currently I have the issue of the gun freezing fast. You can feel the gun shooting weaker one-by-one until it just spews all the gas out. But when I checked the striker seem to work fine(the pin slightly came out but didn't seem to be bend) and the nozzle also had no visible problems. Rocket valve moves fine and the sealing is also ok, tough I changed the nozzle o-ring to a new 13.5x2 one(is that the right size?). Magazines are good too. I must be missing something.

Oh also I found that for me the steel part 49# eats part of the bolt away causing it to eventually get stuck from deformation.

Edited by Zereck