Another 'any read Japanese?' thread

Stuey

Hi all,

I found these little slips of paper in my Marui M9A1 box:

20140616_155448.jpg

Wondering if anyone knows what they say? Particularly interested in the left hand picture as it appears to be advice on how to properly fill magazines?

edit: Ugh, I cocked up the thread title

Right side is just the usual best used in warmer climate. Left side is peculiar as it seems that loading it that way gets you more liquid crammed in. I'm guessing it's to do with the long valve stem which normally limits the mag from being filled to the brim. Essentially though, if you have fill valves with the usual shorter stem you can fill it to maximum in either orientation.

The top slip...the first section is a hop-up warning. Basically, when you first use a brand new Marui pistol, the hop may be ineffective as there is too much oil on the hop rubber. It may take 60 to 70 BB's shot through the hop up for it it to become effective. The lower section is a warning on cool down. The magazine needs to be at 20 to 25°C for it to function as intended (no more than 30°C).

The bottom slip says "Kaichona sado o tanoshimu tame ni..."...roughly translates to "how to get/enjoy the best function". It only applies to situations where liquid propellant starts to get ejected when shooting. Note that this slip started to appear with the full auto G18C...this typically happens more frequently on full-auto pistols.

"Step 1" (the left drawing): By charging the magazine at an angle, you're ensuring that there will be enough "vaporization space" (Kika suru supesu) for the liquid to change over to gas. According to Marui, if there is not enough "vaporization space" in the magazine it will result in liquid propellant to be ejected into the cylinder. Remember that one way to keep the propellant in liquid form is to keep it pressurized (think of trying to push water, through a small valve, into a sold, air tight, box)...therefore its difficult to "over fill" a magazine since the air that's inside that solid box has to go somewhere and without that air the liquid will instantly turn into gas.

"Step 2" (the right drawing): another reason why you may get liquid propellant shooting out is from a cold magazine. It says that you can stuff your magazine in your pocket along with a "kario" (one of those warming packs...not sure what you call it in English) after it's charged. I personally won't recommend doing this as those packs can get awfully hot!

A good way to check for the amount of liquid in your magazine is to weigh it (also a good way to check for leaks as it's not always a good idea to completely submerge a magazine under water). On a 25 round Marui magazine (on my SIG P226), it roughly takes about 10g to 12g of liquid at 25°C...Marui generally does not recommend going over this amount. From my personal experience, charging at an angle didn't really effect me getting "kaichona sado".

Most but not all gas magazines work this way, you want "gas" gas come out from the mag every time you activate the valve, the best way to ensure this is leave enough space/air inside.

In fact IPSC people intentionally fill their mags "full" and release some gas by tapping the valve to do the same thing.

The top piece of paper I have received in all my Marui gas gun boxes from new (and often from second hand too).

The bottom one I have only seen twice but I just assumed it was about filling the mags. Personally I always do the top down fill on my 1911 ones and that gives me enough gas to empty a magazine once over easily.

Also why would the second slip of paper that says 'Glock 18C' clearly in the top right hand corner come in a M9A1 box? :P

'FireKnife'

The top slip...the firom my personal experience, charging at an angle didn't really effect me getting "kaichona sado".

i dont suppose you can send a pm on wargameyau.net can you......pretty, pretty please  :D  :D    or anybody here?!

i think you need a post count to send pm or something like that, google translate isn't doing any good with this one  :no:  helip  :(

Archived