WE new products

fnc

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cheetah series of pistols is/was much more popular then you think. Especially the single stack m85, since it was slimmer and made more sense for concealed carry. So far as I can tell the Cheetahs have a better reputation for build quality then the M92, having never been intended as a military sidearm.

Of course this is a WE so quality isn't going to be a selling point, but at least they're making something different. Oh and apparently the PMM is still in the works, according to the guy who posted the m84 preproduction videos. Presumably he works for WE.

I was more referring to the looks than anything else hehe. Just my view on it.

As for quality. I have the new gen WE M9s and I think externally they are really really nice in terms of fit, finish and quality.

Internals, I dunno. On my three M9s the half-cocked position doesn't work and the de-cocker on my M9A1 is working so-so after some use. But I did do the mistake of letting the slide go into battery with the safety down a few times. Big no no. So that might be why.

But overall, for the price, I would not get anything else. But then again I am a bit of a WE fan boy and they deliver much of what I want out of my airsoft guns so...

I agree with the external quality of the new WE M9's, though the paint is still shoddy IMO. However the fake firing pin decided to abandon ship and the hop doesn't like remaining at a normal level, skying every single shot, even on no hop.

I want to like WE because, to be fair, they are trying new things. However, if they can't get things to stay together after less than 500 rounds, I just can't justify buying their stuff because I *KNOW* something is going to break.

The goggles have bright coloured branding on the straps. Seems a bit silly for a game that tends to revolve around camo and drab colours.

They also seem to be the same patterns as other mesh goggles already available in the UK that has a main weakness in the frame where the straps are held in place, not the lenses that they hail as being super tough.

I want to like WE because, to be fair, they are trying new things. However, if they can't get things to stay together after less than 500 rounds, I just can't justify buying their stuff because I *KNOW* something is going to break.

Pretty much exactly how I feel. It doesn't matter whether you like them or not; the truth is, nobody else makes a fair proportion of the stuff that WE do. Is everything else shoddily copied from somebody else? Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that if you want a GBB M14, or L85, or SCAR (or SCAR-H), there isn't anyone else on the market that's bothered to make those. But at the same time, I won't buy anything unless I'm confident it was built even halfway properly - and I've never been convinced of that by WE.

Indeed.  I know I've said it a couple of time before but it's still true.  If they worked on on their QC, used better materials and obviously charged a higher price, their market share would increase dramatically.  They can keep their basic models and pricing for local markets if they want, but add a premium line and the sky is the limit.  At least their current shoddy engineering is keeping me from buying too many guns though ha ha.

The thing is do they see it as profitable? Maybe there are many other things behind the scenes such as the quality or cost of the materials they are using is the best they can get?

However I do agree. I have even been tempted in the past to buy a WE XDM Compact and a TM XDM full size and part swap them to get the XDM Compact with mostly TM bits and then sell on the WE in a TM body.

'FireKnife'

So, no news on anything interesting from WE then? Keeping an eye out for reviews of the Scar-H. Just because they've already got a Sacr-L out, doesn't mean they haven't improved (or gone backwards and made it worse) it. By improved, I mean the stock plate (and perhaps the nozel).

You know I am now kinda psyched for the M84 release over in the UK. I do actually want one just want to see what shops stock them and if WE have improved.

Hell I would be happy to see it being a clone of the WA with a few new tweaks. That would be fine, just kind want a more somewhat classic compact that I can carry cocked and locked.

'FireKnife'

You know I am now kinda psyched for the M84 release over in the UK. I do actually want one just want to see what shops stock them and if WE have improved.

Hell I would be happy to see it being a clone of the WA with a few new tweaks. That would be fine, just kind want a more somewhat classic compact that I can carry cocked and locked.

'FireKnife'

It cannot be carried cocked and locked, assuming it is true to the RS. The safety, although small and similar in placement to a 1911 etc., is also a decocker like on most Berettas. From what I can tell it is a WA clone, which isn't a bad thing, but the retailers saying it takes M9 mags is very confusing. It would need a total frame, grip, mag catch etc. redesign to accommodate the much larger mag.

Wait wha?

So why have I seen videos of it carried in such fashion in the same way that you can with some Tauras models that have both a decocker and SA style of safety (bit like a USP)?

If it can't then that is easily enough of a deal breaker as DA anooys me far too much, no consistency :P.

'FireKnife'

Well according to Wiki, the older 84s (round trigger guard) have a safety, no decock function, while the 84f and fs has a safety and decocker. It actually says that putting the safety half way up disconnects the trigger and all the way up decocks, but the WA definitely doesn't have a noticable middle position. Considering the safety only moves maybe 5 mm up, finding a mid point woud be quite fiddley. I personally love DA, I wish someone would find a way of making a DAO GBB.

That explains it, though it could also have been deactivated or removed by intention thinking about it.

Still I will try it out but DA is just wrong in my hands, I prefer consistency and have the 1911 safety in mind so much that I even tend to rest my thumb in the same place on my M&P9 :D.

'FireKnife'

Archived