WE new products

fnc

That M84 in black is oh so mine!

Also is it or does that M84 mag look like it might have a screwed in baseplate due to the lack of pins at the bottom? If so then I am going to be so happy, makes maintenance that much easier (a plus point given it is a WE).

'FireKnife'

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having shot the Marui MP7, WE M14, GHK AK-105 with heavy recoil kit and the VFC 417 I felt that the HK had the biggest recoil. Altough it also helps that the recoil happens much closer to your body.

That's hardly surprising considering that the VFC417 has the largest moving recoil-mass by far...

I got the impression that WE's AK line wasn't very popular. The SVD was something of a sales failure too and that's why it's now discontinued, unless I've been misinformed.

I'd blame lack of choices for the AK. I mean, your only options are a tacticool AKM or AKS-74UN whereas GHK covers all the bases down to more retro models. The SVD being pulled from production at least temporarily is understandable as not everyone is in the market for sniper rifles. But they have announced a PSO-1 of their own manufacture which means they're not abandoning the line altogether.

You want an AK more old school then the AKM? I mean granted they have theirs with some stupid furniture but you arent going to get older then an AKM without going to milled receiver AK47s. You just need to modify some wood to get it to fit.

The AKM that WE brought out is not old skool. Why should I have to buy furniture to make it old... they should just bring out the complete family.

A demilled receiver might be cool.

That's just it. To get the WE AKM into a proper AKM you need to shell out a bit more for the wood and a gas tube (cheapest option being real steel parts) plus steel internals which adds up to the cost of a GHK. Given the convenience of getting something you want out of the box, most folks would rather disregard having a full travel bolt and just buy GHK.

Is the PP19 Bizon close enough to an AK to be made into a GBBR? You could hold a lot of rounds with a really large amount of gas. The problem I see is that gas would have to travel horizontally first before traveling upwards into the gas valve. Or is that not really a problem since as the pressure goes down, the gas evenly distributes itself.

That's just it. To get the WE AKM into a proper AKM you need to shell out a bit more for the wood and a gas tube (cheapest option being real steel parts) plus steel internals which adds up to the cost of a GHK. Given the convenience of getting something you want out of the box, most folks would rather disregard having a full travel bolt and just buy GHK.

For my AK PMC, I bought the GHK woodkit for $77, and an LCT steel gas tube for $26.  Given I bought the WE for $323, I would say in total that would still be cheaper than a $450 GHK.

The WE weighs more, kicks more, shoots better, and doesn't lose FPS mysteriously.  I have shot it in the rain, after a swim, used it as a walking stick, its a much more serious piece of hardware compared with the GHK.

For my AK PMC, I bought the GHK woodkit for $77, and an LCT steel gas tube for $26.  Given I bought the WE for $323, I would say in total that would still be cheaper than a $450 GHK.

The WE weighs more, kicks more, shoots better, and doesn't lose FPS mysteriously.  I have shot it in the rain, after a swim, used it as a walking stick, its a much more serious piece of hardware compared with the GHK.

By $26 if you exclude the shipping cost of the added items plus the time and effort in installing them. Then there's the steel internals to add in the event stock parts fail. But you don't need to convince me, happy enough with my AK74UN as it is. It's just that I'd like to see more options as I've been eyeing on building a 105 but the parts cost is a bit of a bummer.

Plus the ghk's internals are not steel, and I've seen a fair few fail, especially at the sear and disconnector.

The ghk hop up unit is also a pile of Wank and needs to be replaced with a completely different design.

WE all the way imo.

By $26 if you exclude the shipping cost of the added items plus the time and effort in installing them. Then there's the steel internals to add in the event stock parts fail. But you don't need to convince me, happy enough with my AK74UN as it is. It's just that I'd like to see more options as I've been eyeing on building a 105 but the parts cost is a bit of a bummer.

Well yeah, but the GHK cost is also excluding shipping.  

Takes nearly no effort installing if you have worked on the Real steel, or just use youtube.

As for steel bits, yeah, both GHK and WE will fail so thats an equivalent cost.   

But I agree, we need more Russian guns from WE :P  PP19 would be fantastic but the PP2000 I would jump on it tomorrow if it came out.

we pmc outer barrel

If only they were sold separately. The only other way I could think of around it is to permanently mate the rear half of the 74U barrel and the rest of the barrel from the front kit. Does LCT offer complete front kits because all I can find is E&L and without the gas tube, furniture and front sight for $150. May as well kill a CYMA at that price so you get the stock too plus sell off the gearbox.

Archived