TM M&P are you excited or other?

curlyboy

We have all seen the pictures from the toy shows of TM's future release of the S&W M&P pistol, I myself have a WE M&P but I do love TM pistols is anyone thinking of ditching their WE or VFC when the TM one comes out or do you think the current crop are good enough to beat off the Japanese new comer?

Also does anyone know when the TM M&P is due out roughly as people have reported good things of the recently released HK45 will this be a head turner or be just another TM?

Curlyboy

To be honest some people will just stick to TM (like me) and will wait for it even if something seen as better comes along in the mean time.

The M&P though has been one that TM have been parading around for years now so it has gathered a lot of hype and also a lot of "just release the damn thing already".

As for me, well I had a go on the HK.45 and it was very nice, not my kind of pistol due to the grip but still a lovely replica. Hopefully the M&P will be equally as good but it seems like it has a way to go to beat the VFC.

'FireKnife'

I have been wanting an M&P for a bit but when I heard that TM were going to be bringing one out, I thought I would wait for that rather than buy a WE version. Only because I have heard of a few problems with the WE version. I am not a WE hater at all as I own and use a WE Hi Capa, Glock 17 and two OB GBBR's.

If I was still playing woodland all the time I'd have waited fo' dat hop-up.

As it stands I've got some TM guns already that shoot really straight and far for outdoor use in the event I need that capability.  Now, since I only need a sidearm that just shoots 'decently' I was happy to sacrifice (throwing some educated assumptions in here) some range for the metal slide and possibly more realistic trades, on the VFC.  Also gas compatibility was a big one, if the M&P follows trend being a brand new design it'll have a big expansion chamber that's awesome on 144, which is a gas I've never bought and far as I'm aware isn't as cheap and easy to acquire as cheaply in bulk as propane.  Whereas I've got tons of said propane and the VFC will more likely hold up to that better over time I feel.

I think the TM will be a brilliant gun when it arrives, they were building excellent GBB pistols 10 years ago and there's definitely been even more improvement on that shining foundation since then.  But it does have certain features and qualities that limit the appeal to certain markets I think, given the strict laws in Japan on various things that affect people who want to skirmish with gas guns.

Im really interested as I really like the look of the M&P so Im looking forward to seeing how it stacks up against the VFC (I have nothing against WE, I have their P228 which I love to shoot, just heard more than a few have issues with their M&P).

So I know right now that the VFC M&P is good, I have read that their M&Pc is also good (another model I quite like the look of) so for me it will depend on which is the better shooter, best value for money etc. Reading about the VFC auto feature slipping unexpectedly with a number of their models may play as a factor. 

• 2 weeks later...

Would be excited but just picked up a second hand we plus a couple of spare mags for £70 might have to build a tm based SAI or ATEI one once its a possibility but to be honest im bored of waiting now.

And seriously TM will you give us a decent, working, well made browning hi-power please......

Archived