Gas for Tokyo Marui Pistol

Cryptkeeper

Hi,

I have been running a TM Desert Warrior 4.3 for about 6 months now. In these 6 months i only used green gas with it. I bought a bottle of Abbey Predator 144a or 134a i dont recall... its the green bottle from Abbey. 

With green gas i notice a more consistency in the shoots and more kick. But with this Abbey Gas recommended by the seller to use with the TM the gun shoots fair... and sometimes it seems it is without gas at all... 

Which gases do you guys use on your TM ? Can you recommend me that is rich and silicon but still gives a nice "kick" without damaging the gun ?

Cheers

I always use Ultra for that minty fresh feeling, I mean balance of wear over shot power / consistency.

The only time I don't use Ultra and go for 144A is in the odd gun that isn't just quite up to Ultra. They are rare but they do exist (old Maruzen PPK/S for example).

Given that with a tightbore and on a brisk 15C evening it gave me 280-290 readings I am more than happy with that. Never lets me down where as propane has on the odd occasion.

'FireKnife'

Propane in everything for maximum performance and consistency. The only TM I've had that couldn't hack it was the Deagle, the front of the slide cracked after a year or so, after a summer of regular use in hot weather. WEAK GUN.

Depends what pistol, and the climate. TM 1911s are very tough. I have never come across a broken 1911 slide, so Green Gas/Propane is fine. I use Guarder in mine. The same can be said for the SIGs, the PX4 and the M9A1s. Haven't tested the HK45 yet, but the newer ones are durable so I assume it's fine. I tend to use Abbey Ultra in most of them though, especially the weaker designs like the Glocks and Desert Eagle. The Fn57 is probably the worst for durability, mine tore itself apart on Ultra. For me the best combination is a newer, high diameter cylinder pistol like the PX4, with Abbey Ultra. Great kick, good balance between efficiency and power and good durability. Back top your 1911 though - I'm sure Green will be fine, 1911s are very durable, and I think if the temperature got too high it'd probably be unable to release any gas before it did any damage.

The best way to determine what to use is to get a chrono. As mentioned, make sure your pistol is at or near 1J using .25 to be conservative...if it's significantly higher, use a "weaker" gas. TM guns might work at higher power, but it is not designed to (it can be creating failures that you can only detect by measuring). It will increase the likelihood of damage. Chrono's, even the good ones, are cheap and very easy to use. It will help your pistol last much longer and function as intended. 

Using a winter gas in summer is the fastest way to destroy your pistol.

Using a winter gas in summer is the fastest way to destroy your pistol.

Personally I would prefer a blowtorch and a hammer but fair enough ;).

But yes try to learn what your pistol likes and how well it runs on it. Getting over 300fps out of it and a strong kick isn't really worth it when you only need it to put a shot all of 20m and last a while.

This is why I go for Ultra, less wear than Green but still puts a shot about the distance I need it to be. Work out what works for you, unless you have the cash to keep repairing / replacing it in which case Black / Red gas all the way!!!

'FireKnife'

• 3 weeks later...

Probably, it'll just be yet another brand of relabelled propane with a little silicone oil added.

I'd expect that too, but the 100ml slim cans look interesting for carrying in game, especially at less than 2 euros a can, I wonder how much shipping is on it...

Hmm... will wait for more info preferably from someone using it with TM pistols =)

You might be waiting a while; I've never heard of that brand. It will be the same as every other green gas.

I really don't know what information you're looking for here - we keep telling you to use green gas which will most likely be fine, if you feel like you're going to break your gun or you go over your fps limit, switch to Abbey Ultra. You don't really have any other options.

You might be waiting a while; I've never heard of that brand. It will be the same as every other green gas.

I really don't know what information you're looking for here - we keep telling you to use green gas which will most likely be fine, if you feel like you're going to break your gun or you go over your fps limit, switch to Abbey Ultra. You don't really have any other options.

Dude, i'm the only one in this island with a TM. Everyone else either use Yellow,Red or in some case High Power Green Gas. I can even say that i know a guy that uses in is pistol lighter gas because its cheaper.

Yes i know i can use Abbey, i even have a bottle of that but i have been using green gas like it was told me several times here but green gas like i was used to buy is no longer on sale in the national shops. Asking about the Smart Gas i think its quite normal since i never saw this gas for sale until now, dont know if it really has a strong kick.

Doubts... many doubts i have and i think i'm free to ask them here where i can definitely find more people using TM and experimenting every type of gas and brands.

Archived