Milspec Solutions Shocking customer service

Milspec solutions idea of customer service. I have never EVER been told to f@&k off and not to contact us again purely because of a bad line!!
Until today.
With my job I work from my car most days so most calls I make are from the car. Sometimes signal strength varies and I have lost calls etc as a result but there has always been an apology and and an acceptance that signal strength varies and stuff like that happens. What that does not mean you can then berate someone on their choice of communication, tell em to f&@k off and hang up!

I apologised for the bad line and was told what a stupid place to make a call from to have a discussion it was then I was told to f&@k off.

Even when I rang back a moment later when the signal had improved and explained I wanted to buy a rifle and mags even though i thought they were incredibly rude, I was again berated for my calling from a hands free car system; told to never contact them again and again they hung up.

I shall never use Milspec for anything. Ever.          

this will be a long post but i thought i'd share the whole facebook conversation with you good people, apologies for the length but it makes for an interesting read. I haven't edited it in anyway and have included all of my replies. I must admit i'm fast running out of patience and politeness now though!!

• Conversation started Tuesday
  • Iain Milspec

Next time give me some respect by actually trying to make an effort when doing the courtesy of trying to communicate with us. Until then you can play with Facebook. Milspec

• Tuesday
  • Phil HK Bucknall

Respect Iain? You told me to *fruitcage* of and hung up on me twice. What level of respect would you say that deserves? Please do tell me as I'm interested to know. The second time I rang back on a clear line you STILL didn't want to know so what on earth would make you think I'd try to call you again?

As I explained I do a lot of driving for work it's impractical to make calls from a landline. You were rude and arrogant and to think they'll be a next time I call you is a massive misjudgement on your part.

I shall continue to spread the good word about your customer service with pleasure though Iain.

Phil

• Iain Milspec

That's fine Phil - our phone rings all day. Most people want advice. You clearly expect us to meet your standards no matter how easy it is for you but difficult for us. If you class this as arrogance then I get that. It would of been better if you had told the full truth but you didn't.

• Phil HK Bucknall

Iain,

If you recall I was asking your advice. I wanted to know how the new open bolts performed as I was used to the older gen guns which weren't great. I told you what I intended to use it for so how is that any different to other interactions? How are those expectations/standards difficult to meet. You only had to talk me through the performance of the WE M4. A gun you sell lots of from what you said.

Either way, whichever way you cut it That still doesn't explain why you told me to *fruitcage* off and not to contact you again. I wanted to buy the rifle and mags. I'd come to you because is heard about your good reputation both online and in the mags. I haven't omitted anything from what I've said whereas you have by saying I'm lying about what you said which we both know is untrue.

Phil

• Iain Milspec

but it is - you didn't tell people that you made the least possible effort but expected the highest possible response. Go post exactly what you did and what you expected. Tell people how you went up like a firework when I told you that calling from a car was not exactly helpful. Post that and then you will get respect.

• Phil HK Bucknall

I already have Iain. I posted exactly that. The least effort!?! I called you to buy something how is that making no effort? I didn't demand service or anything out of the ordinary. I frequently make calls from a car ; I drive a lot for work most of my calls are from a car and I've never ever had the response like I got from you. when we were talking I said I'm sorry I can't hear you and apologised for the bad line. I didn't go off like a bottle of pop. I didn't swear. You did. Your attitude was wrong! When I called back- even after that, I still would've bought the gun but I thought you were incredibly rude and you told me to do one again. Tell people how you told me to *fruitcage* off and never call again and I'll have more respect for you.

• Phil HK Bucknall

You know, I only expected a conversation on a certain gun that would've concluded in a sale. I'm sorry if that is demanding too much. I have indeed learnt my lesson and won't call you again in case it's too much.

• Iain Milspec

I just spent 40 mins on the phone explaining how an NPAS works - customer spent £14.99. This is what we do but it is also true that we get a lot of time wasters as well. It is very difficult sometimes to work out who is who. When someone rings from a poor line they always are told to call back as it is just impossible to work with. Maybe I should of been a little more polite but I was trying to get the orders ready for the courier. You could of helped as well by putting yourself in a better place when placing the call

• Phil HK Bucknall

I'm sorry Iain your response was totally unacceptable regardless. I said I wanted to buy a rifle and mags £450 I ended up spending elsewhere. There is no excuse whatever is going on to swear at a potential customer. I wouldn't get away with it where I work. I'd get the sack.

I'm delighted your customer this morning got what they wanted. I truly am. But to blame me for your abuse is simply not on. I apologised for the Bad signal. I rang back when it had improved and still you were rude.

• Wednesday
  • Phil HK Bucknall

As I said Iain. I'll happily share the entire conversation as I've nothing to hide. Your protestations of saying just call back are rubbish and you know it.

• Today
  • Iain Milspec

Keep going Our likes and sales are through the roof. Talk to me properly and u will get the upmost but thanks for the new business - appreciated

• Iain Milspec

Come on tick tock

• Today
  • Phil HK Bucknall

I some how doubt that unless you can prove it with figures but hey ho. That's you're choice. If that makes you feel better go for it. I notice you left racknload once asked questions regarding your customer facing skills rather than answer them. Was it because they didn't agree with you? I was gonna leave this. An apology would've done. Id never buy anything from you now but that's beside the point. I'd said my piece and I was happy to let others decide how they shopped. I always knew you'd have a loyal core of supporters as it was your "good reputation" that led me to your door in the first instance but For some reason you want to keep it going. Fine. I'll take great pleasure in writing about it in my Gunmart and Airsoft action monthly articles too. A bloody apology. Would it really have killed you for god sakes man?

• Iain Milspec

you do that but don't forget that slander is slander. I am sure that Gunmart & Airsoft Action recognise that. You seem to think that we should respond to whatever you require. Fact is - no we do not. If you want help - make the effort yourself. Carry on Phil - be a legend.

-PAXP-deijE.gif10:01am
  • Phil HK Bucknall

I think you are actually a little deluded Iain, your insistent denial that you even swore at me and were abusive is legend. Oh and it's only slanderous if something isnt true. At no poibnt have you actually denied what I said you did. because you can't, because you did it. when anyone has asked you about it you ran away apart from on your own page. Ironic that you accuse someone of going to facebook to make a point by going to facebook to tell the world.

• Phil HK Bucknall

What the hell does if you want help make the effort mean?! I rang you to buy something TWICE. How much more effort would you like a potential customer to make? I don't expect you to answer everything I ask of you a simple apology would've been nice though.

• Iain Milspec

you honestly think that you can hurt people because you didn't get what you wanted? people who depend on their wages etc that you are now threatening. Just because I didn't suck up to you. Well wake up - if you cant be bothered to treat us properly then you will get told to go away. If you think that we should bend over backwards to suit your whim then you are wrong. I will speak to Nigel & Gunmart because people like you need to wake up. Facebook is not some kind of courtroom and the fact that you have used this against us makes you despicable.

•  
    Phil HK Bucknall

No Iain, I dont want to hurt anyone and according to your earlier post your business couldn't be stronger. fact you attributed directly to me and my comments. I don't expect anyone to bend over backwards to serve any whim of mine but I do expect to be able to buy something without having to endure abuse from the person im buying it of. Facebook isnt a court you are spot on and at last something we agree on but it also a lovely place where people can share their experiences good or bad. Sadly on this occasion my experience was bad and I'm sharing. Like I said, if you'd actually apologised I would've shared that too and said at least you'd admitted you were wrong. But no, you want to carry on; you decided to message me at twenty to one in the morning and then an hour later when i hadn't replied. I'm afraid, Iain, it is you that is at fault and this mess is entirely your own making.

I am sure that they've done great things for loads of people in the past and will probably do so moving forward for others. but there is no way I will ever use them myself. There was no excuse for what happened. A simple apology and I'd leave it but no. "I suppose I could of been more polite" doesn't cut it as one in my book :).

I've been watching his ranting and raving on FB for quite some time, Phil you are not the only one to get onto the wrong side of his awful attitude.

I brought a Scar from Milspec quite some time ago now (coincidentally the last time I've ever used Milspec) and it was "adapted" and pre fitted with an RA-tech NPAS to keep it below 350fps.

Only the "adaptation" actually further lifted the FPS rendering the NPAS useless as it actually wouldn't adjust below 340-350fps meaning that the slightest temp increase bearing in mind I brought it just before Xmas would render it useless, and due to the nature of said mod a new part would be required before I could field it

When I tried to explain that the modification that they were doing to ALL open bolt WE guns was actually wrong and was further increasing I was quite strongly told that I knew sweet FA about what I was talking about and that he would conduct his modifications as he saw fit.

I simply cut communications after that and brought a new part myself from elsewhere and rectified the issue.

Just the fact that he publicly air's his dirty laundry on social media should put most people off using him, name me one other UK based Airsoft retailer that does that?

What sort of impression does that sort of conduct give to potential new customers?

Yes. I cant understand how people get it wrong. It is beyond simple and this is coming from a person who is very dyslexic.

On topic though, that was very rude. However in the past when I worked in bars and people rang up with a badline id hang up, its too frustrating trying to work out whats being said.

You could have used the website when home or rung at a more suitable time.

They shouldnt have been so rude but you should have rung at a better time.

Did you tell people to *fruitcage* off though and never call again? We've all hung up on calls where the line is bad. Christ alive I've had some calls that've taken 10-12 retries to speak with someone about something far more serious than an Airsoft gun. We joked about it. Like adults and concluded the conversation genially and with the prospect of future business still possible.

If however you did swear at someone would you then expect them to make the effort to call you back. I admitted the line was bad and apologised for that.

I didn't want to use the website. If I had I would've. I wanted to speak to a person about a big purchase and sadly mobile signals vary. It started out fine and went down hill. As I said though I easily spend several hours in my car calling when home wouldn't have been practical unless they're open Til after 6-7pm.

Never, just silently hang up lol. As i said them swareing at you was too far. You never know could have been an off day, bloke could have been hungover, lost someone who knows. Not condoning the behaviour just saying there are reasons why.

Then again he could have been a jumped up little *suitcase* looking for some kicks. Who knows.

Personally id ring them back and try to find the source of the issue rather than judging the whole company on the actions of one idiot.

Yes. I cant understand how people get it wrong. It is beyond simple and this is coming from a person who is very dyslexic.

On topic though, that was very rude. However in the past when I worked in bars and people rang up with a badline id hang up, its too frustrating trying to work out whats being said.

You could have used the website when home or rung at a more suitable time.

They shouldnt have been so rude but you should have rung at a better time.

It's a simple *fruitcage* mistake, my auto correct came up with both spellings and in a rush i selected the wrong one.

SHOOT ME!!!!

IMO, there's zero excuse for talking to a customer in that manner, none.  Absurd behaviour.  If your hamster's just died or whatever and you lack the physical ability to control what spews forth from your mouth you clock out and go home until you're sorted.

That attitude of "pff.. why do I care what you say.. look at how much money I'm making" genuinely brings on that special sort of monitor-punching annoyance personally.  Disgusting.

• Like 2

IMO, there's zero excuse for talking to a customer in that manner, none.  Absurd behaviour.  If your hamster's just died or whatever and you lack the physical ability to control what spews forth from your mouth you clock out and go home until you're sorted.

That attitude of "pff.. why do I care what you say.. look at how much money I'm making" genuinely brings on that special sort of monitor-punching annoyance personally.  Disgusting.

Amen, in customer service you don't get to have "off days", not in front of the customers at least. If you have to go out back and punch the wall so hard you're concerned you've broken something so be it.

Heck, I'm considered one of my pub's finest for customer service, despite feeling like crud and wondering what the point is most days. Its not my customer's fault, they don't pay for me to lash out at them.

He's still in denial it would appear.

These are his latest comments on Facebook in a topic I'd left alone as I'd said my piece. Still no apology or even an admittal he'd done anything wrong.

Am happy to be 'judged' by any customer. If we make a mistake or there is an issue then we put it right. We do our best. Most times we get it spot on and that is the feedback we get. Sometimes things go wrong but that is life. This social media attack is simple - he didn't get what he wanted and is abusing it to get attention. All he had to do was pull up and call us properly. I can't apologise for something impossible.

And yet another lie from Iain as he said he'd only just seen the post, yet his reply was the first one in the thread!!

I only just saw it. Am entitled to make my comment to your post Phil. A pity this really but you did decide to push it.

Here's the whole Facebook thread https://m.facebook.com/groups/144971295604705?view=permalink&id=523297971105367

Edited by Philbucknall