• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took my 417 today for test firing. VFC 420mm inner with PDI W-Hold bucking, I could hit a man sized target at 80 meters 90% of the time. My gun works and feeds perfect on semi, with an occasional flye

Hi all.   Just a quick preview of my new toy, I had this delivered from Sniper-AS     While hesitant considering VFC's tales of woe I decided to jump in and pick up the 417 once it was availa

Looks great on the outside, but we all know VFCs are like that.  If (and that's a big *fruitcage* if) the gun works fine out of the box (HA!) I may actually get one, though if WE stops clowning aroun

No worries.

It's horrendously inconsistent. Stock VSR bucking is garbage, no matter what bb weight/brand I put through it. A friend of mine gave me a Laylax VSR bucking to try out, I've yet to test it.

I have no idea what it chrono's at as a friend of mine broke my chrono.

I was using Puff Dino gas and propane.

It's semi auto only as I bought the European version from Germany.

Great videos! Have you looked into what have the germans done to make it semi auto only? Is it convertible to full auto?

No worries.

It's horrendously inconsistent. Stock VSR bucking is garbage, no matter what bb weight/brand I put through it. A friend of mine gave me a Laylax VSR bucking to try out, I've yet to test it.

I have no idea what it chrono's at as a friend of mine broke my chrono.

I was using Puff Dino gas and propane.

It's semi auto only as I bought the European version from Germany.

Great videos! Have you looked into what have the germans done to make it semi auto only? Is it convertible to full auto?

It appears to be the trigger with an extended ledge built onto the rear to stop it from engaging when selected to auto. As it still has the auto sear, I'd assume that cutting off some of the material would allow fully automatic.

If there is an extended ledge you will need an auto semi-auto disconnector AND the cutting of material.

trigger.gif

The current semi-auto disconnector may be too short.

disconnector.gif

VFC sells both for a very cheap price so its not hard to get.

• Like 1

If it shoots straight that is... :P  its not really the DMR version it is more the assaulters version that you have there.

See if it would make a difference with a Maple Leaf Hop rubber (go 80 shore).

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

I'll give that a go. Stock rifle does NOT shoot straight haha

Vfc produce the sniper kit which I did think about using if at all compatible with the gbb version. But to retain it's manuverability I'd probably bolt on a suppressor, a nice optic along with a bipod. Can at least quickly switch back if my mood changes. :)

• 5 weeks later...

It is double stacked. I recently modified a couple of my mags with 30rd WE GBBR magazine springs to allow 30 round capacity.

It works quite well.

Did you use M4 magazine springs? Tough it would have been nice if they could include a "30 rnd" spring like WE did with their M14 magazines.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally opened my package from KIC and test fired the HK417. All I can say is WOW, the recoil and ROF are both insane. The ROF is more inline with a 9mm SMG so a bit unrealistic but the recoil is probably the strongest I have ever felt from a stock GBBR which includes Daytona Gun.

I got mine too previous friday and it has a nice kick and loud. Can't say anything about the range yet as I could only shot it in my yard which is not big. Also the rof was incosistent on mine. At first it shoots really fast then it slows down. And no its not cooldown, but the gun was pretty dry so a relubing is in order.

Does the barrel nut needs a tool for removal and if so what kind? I tried with hand and a few tools but no budge and I don't want to scratch anything.

Edit: Nevermind, I removed it with an M4 buffer tube nut tool. Didn't think it will work at first. :P

Edit2: Oh btw how do you remove the flash hider from the barrel? I see there is a pin inside it but don't know what to do with it.

Edited by Zereck