• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took my 417 today for test firing. VFC 420mm inner with PDI W-Hold bucking, I could hit a man sized target at 80 meters 90% of the time. My gun works and feeds perfect on semi, with an occasional flye

Hi all.   Just a quick preview of my new toy, I had this delivered from Sniper-AS     While hesitant considering VFC's tales of woe I decided to jump in and pick up the 417 once it was availa

Looks great on the outside, but we all know VFCs are like that.  If (and that's a big *fruitcage* if) the gun works fine out of the box (HA!) I may actually get one, though if WE stops clowning aroun

Btw when I used the loader adapter they added with the gun I noticed that the BBs can get damaged while loading them(I noticed white dust on the feed lips). Can't really tell if it effects the accuarcy, since I couldn't shot it much in a bigger place yet. I used the GHK adapter for the time being tough it requires a bit of a dexterity.

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine yesterday (from WGC, their service is amazing), recoil feels amazing and its LOUD. :D My hop up is consistent enough when using it in semi-auto (I would say very accurate)... In full auto it just spews BBs everywhere (Only like half of them fly straight)... Unlike nugentgl's 417, my outer barrel came out just fine... But I am having troubles with removing the barrel nut, as its screwed in too tight and I have no specialized tools. And after seeing that video I am way too scared to put too much strength in it!! .. :angry:

The barrel nut was very tight on mine too, I used a simple M4 buffer tube nut wrench(there are two holes on it where you can place the tool) to unscrew it. Note that you should put a small sponge or a few tape on the lower part of the tool or it might sracth the nut a bit.

A few things I've noticed:

WA system hammer springs don't fit as they aren't wide enough for the back of the hammer. Think I tried a g&p 150% spring. Other hammer springs may be wider so may fit but that's all I had.

Also, once the mags get cold, because they are insulated by the plastic shell, they take bloody ages to warm up again. It's obvious but something I hadn't thought if you can do what you might normally so which is warm the mag with your hands....../armpit/groin. ;)

Wear on the internals is very very minimal after about 300 rounds from what I can see. Bolt catch is steel as is the front 8mm or so of the bcg so no real wear there.

Edited by christhesecond

My full auto is slower than everyone else's that I've seen but consistent. Can do two FA mag dumps in a row on one charge of gas. Not that I really care that much it's just out of interested really. :P

Also, since removing the brass restrictor the full auto has improved massively to what I would say is the norm from what I've seen.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So my FPS went all over the place and the BBs sometimes just fell instantly. I wanted to take out the nozzle to check/switch the o-ring but I couldn't take out the two screws in the front of the bolt that holds the nozzle inside, they refused to move. Are they glued or something?

• 2 months later...

The size of the buffer and spring is indeed larger than the M4. Mine double feeds all the time now, it isn't the nozzle as I tried a new one and still performs the same. No damage to magazine feedlips or hop up ramp/chamber either, I don't get it.

Edited by Bada Bing

I thought it might have been the hop up rubber too, sadly not. I emailed VFC for some guidance and they said that it may be that the hop has been adjusted too much and to turn it off to relieve pressure. This didn't work.

I've only taken mine once since I got it all those months ago. Hope you get your MP7 sorted.

No they haven't got back to me after I replied to their suggestion. I have it in pieces time after time, trying with different barrels and all cleaned out.

My nozzle retainer guide (steel piece which also acts as the bolt stop) has broken where it connects to the bolt cam.

So it could have the double feed issue here as the nozzle has a bit of play up and down. Zereck have a look at this part on yours.

I hope so, part on order. Probably be after Xmas to find out if it works.

In an another discovery enhanced mag valves by Azimuth meant for the 5.56 mags actually work in the 417 magazine. I just didn't realise that they could be unscrewed thus being within good contact with the striker. (Screwed in were far too short).

Results are INCREDIBLE!

A+studios have also released a valve specifically for it, results are also as pleasing, although a bit of a pain to get working.

The piece at the end of the valve isn't connected to the main valve body. It's difficult to explain but requires very careful insertion into the magazine housing so it doesnt misalign. Also some of the valves I have noticed can't be fired when screwed all the way in tight. They require back tracking slightly until the pin can be depressed. Some of them can be screwed in tight and are able to be fired and some aren't as willing. I might have not taken the greatest care of a couple of them in assembly, I'll revisit at some point. Have been far too preoccupied with the double feeds and trying to make it shoot straight.

But the new Ramjet valves are certainly strange, I've not seen that design before. But when it's working, its a magnificent experience. All my stock valves lost pressure and made the rifle cycle very sluggishly.

Edited by Bada Bing
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Update:

00c803ba4a302f4ef61cf98842711a60_zpsfe04

I replaced this broken part and now there's no double feeds and fires just as she ought to.

Also the ramjets on my mags weren't working correctly because of the idiot installing them didn't notice the factory O rings from the original valves caught inside. Oops.

Anyway she runs like a monster now, recoil is violent, crisp and fast. This upgrade is a must in my book, much more impressed now then when I first took it out from its box.

Also upgraded is the Maple Leaf 75 degree Monster VSR bucking which puts a .30 on the tip of the front iron.

• Like 1