• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took my 417 today for test firing. VFC 420mm inner with PDI W-Hold bucking, I could hit a man sized target at 80 meters 90% of the time. My gun works and feeds perfect on semi, with an occasional flye

Hi all.   Just a quick preview of my new toy, I had this delivered from Sniper-AS     While hesitant considering VFC's tales of woe I decided to jump in and pick up the 417 once it was availa

Looks great on the outside, but we all know VFCs are like that.  If (and that's a big *fruitcage* if) the gun works fine out of the box (HA!) I may actually get one, though if WE stops clowning aroun

Yeah...ditch a perfectly fine VFC M4 for a promise of a great VFC HK417 for a bit of the 308 action or wait for a WE SCAR-H?

VFC M4s with steel outer barrels are generally accurate enough as DMRs, so I have been eyeing out a spare upper to build a MK12....What to do?

It's the most fun I've had with any airsoft rifle put it that way. It's the highflow valves that really bring it to that level. Most places are out of stock I think but you get similar results if you Dremel them our yourself. The problem, as has been pointed out to me by a friend, is when the valve stem is depressed; the thicker part of the stem protrudes too far into the port and blocks 75% of the area of the holes if that makes sense.

I can concur on the increased efficiency with ramjet valves.

Here's quick snaps of the broken hop up.

1B99466B-8943-48A1-AFEA-28D7411F94E3_zps

276E067A-068D-4D98-A87F-28BFB3E3B278_zps

Could have broken perhaps because I've disassembled it so many times testing out various setups that I may have been a little rough and snapped off both halves? I don't know. Good job spare parts are pretty cheap.

• 1 month later...

A few days ago I installed a Crusader anti-rotation link on my 417 and I noticed that now I can put the gun on safe even uncocked. Strange as the gun works perfectly fine on safe, semi and full-auto, no problem with it, just weird. During installation I simply pushed the old pins out with the new ones while making sure nothing jumped out of place. :P

• 2 weeks later...

^ That's impressive!

Say... What do you guys make of this? I need a different perspective, I believe this is the cause of my double feeds/jams.

Yeah I have the same problem with the 417 and the MP7 both VFC, I guess it's common with the VFC gbbrs. To quote Devil-Dan from the VFC MP7 topic:

"In regards to jumpy issues with auto, its because the hammer is falling before the bolt has returned to battery.  Usually due to bolt bounce.

Two solutions:

- Increase strength of return spring.  This fixed the VFC MP5 inconsistent auto issues

- Use an anti-bounce buffer (made by AABB) for VFC M4/416/M27  though dunno about 417."

Unfortunatelly there are no stronger recoil spring or hammer spring avaible yet for the 417.

• Like 1

Absolutely correct Zereck.  However, this bolt bounce happens on almost all GBBR M4 variations just the difference is that the other platforms (GHK, WE, VT, etc.) nozzle maintains a seal with the bucking during the bounce so no double feed.  In the 5.56 variants, I typically use a real standard AR15 buffer and I would bet that the HK buffer would work in this case; however, it is $129 in the USA.

Well I have noticed the bolt bouncing a lot more than any 5.56 AR variant I have owned... But I rarely get misfeeds as the nozzle stays in place. I would suggest removing the nozzle and polishing the inside of the bolt carrier, as it is painted and with use the paint wears off unevenly causing the nozzle to move sluggishly. (And of course lubricate the nozzle oring properly)

It's actually quite decent. Compared to the old one, bbs seem to fly arrow straight. Well that is when only the one bb is in the chamber before firing.

I'm trying to compile a list of parts that could effect my double feed issues.

1. Bolt carrier has marring along where the striker release tab has ground along it.

2. When using the charging handle to slowly seat the carrier into battery the nozzle/or carrier(due to part 1?) sits a little low until the lugs catch the barrel extension and jumps in as it closes. Sometimes it doesn't jump up and just stops just in front. Happens with and without mag.

3. Barrel extension has deformed somewhat and that's negating the nozzle seating, although nothing found upon inspection.

4.Sounds a little mad but the charging handle could have a slight twist causing the carrier to turn at such an angle.

That's about as much I can think of right now. I've got 3 nozzles and 2 of them have worn on the bb follower on one particular edge.

Edited by Bada Bing

Well I have noticed the bolt bouncing a lot more than any 5.56 AR variant I have owned... But I rarely get misfeeds as the nozzle stays in place. I would suggest removing the nozzle and polishing the inside of the bolt carrier, as it is painted and with use the paint wears off unevenly causing the nozzle to move sluggishly. (And of course lubricate the nozzle oring properly)

That is b/c AR's come with buffers with anti-bounce weights.  You start to see the issue when you run SBR's in full-auto using just a standard buffer.  Your off the shelf AR15 will most likely never encounter bolt bounce...