• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took my 417 today for test firing. VFC 420mm inner with PDI W-Hold bucking, I could hit a man sized target at 80 meters 90% of the time. My gun works and feeds perfect on semi, with an occasional flye

Hi all.   Just a quick preview of my new toy, I had this delivered from Sniper-AS     While hesitant considering VFC's tales of woe I decided to jump in and pick up the 417 once it was availa

Looks great on the outside, but we all know VFCs are like that.  If (and that's a big *fruitcage* if) the gun works fine out of the box (HA!) I may actually get one, though if WE stops clowning aroun

I know what you mean, for a rifle such as the Hk417, it ought to be able to hit stuff accurately. For spare parts WGC is pretty much the go to place, although you could order direct from VFC via email. Within the EU, Hit sports.de has various 417 parts if your German is up to scratch.

• Like 1

Since building mine it hasn't worked. First problem was after putting everything back together the bucking decided to go in to a tear drop shape which jammed every shot. Sorted that out and now it's just jamming in a different place. Was trying to use the nurpol .40g bb's. But since there unpolished the 417 said NOPE and jammed. So going to try some madbull .30's.

I really want it to work but it's not really inspiring much hope so far. Was hoping to use it at the GI Weekender at the end of the month. Don't think that's happening.

Well after reseating the bucking I have finally sorted the jamming issue. Currently just breaking it all in, i'm hoping the range will improve over time as currently it's going about 30-40m's. I've ordered the npas bolt/nozzel. Anything else anyone recommends that i've forgotten about?

Also anyone know where  I can get a fully auto lock out sear from?

what is a full auto lock out sear?  that is cryptic.

You mean an auto sear?  the thing the bolt trips on the full auto return cycle to release the hammer in order to ensure the bolt is closed before it fires on auto?

VFC website sells them, since the fire control groups are the same between a HK416/M4 and HK417

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

I think Prev might be looking to lock the 417 to semi auto only.  Is that correct Prev?

Yeah that's exactly what I was/am after. Sorry for the cyptic message.

Well after playing the whole weekend on the 417 i've got some work to do. Below is a list of issues.

1. Range: It's inconsistant, one round will go 50-60m's then next it will be going 20-30m's. I suspect this is connected to some of the issues listed further down.

2. Accuracy: Overal it seem's good. Most rounds go where the barrel is pointing. I did have some issues, one where a guy who was stood 10m's in front maybe 2-3m's to my left got shot by me even tho I was aimed straight in front of me. The rifle was down on the ground and I wasn't moving. Now thats a flyer and a half.

3. Feeding issues. When going to hop it in I went to stick the hopup key in the hole and noooooo. It's filled to the brim with plastic. From what I can tell bb's are either getting smashed at force in to this area on the cup or they are getting a shave when they get fed in to the hopup/barrel area.

Currently I have a 6.01 barrell installed, i'm going to put the NPAS in and a 6.03 barrel to see if the range is more consistant and stop the occasional roller I get. Also need to try and figer out why bb's are being smashed up inside.

I'm plagued with the bolt bounce. I've swapped out the nozzle o ring with one that's a little thicker. It's improved slightly. I've ordered a stiffer recoil spring and hammer spring to try out, apparently it eliminates the bounce which then leads to double feeds.

I'll let y'all know if it works.

• Like 1

Bada Bing I will await your testing. In the mean time i'm going to swap out the 6.01 barrel I have, for the 6.03 barrel that's just turned up. I'm also going to install the npas system.

Here's a pic of me and my 417 at the Gunman 2015 weekender.

9540863_orig.jpg

• Like 1

That's cool ^

I received my new stiffer buffer spring and initial tests confirms it has stopped my double feeding/Jam/Gas dumps.

I've only had roughly 6 mags shot with the new spring though. I also had the hammer spring upgraded too, I didn't really need it but as some players were getting light strikes when using propane but I thought why not.

More shooting is needed.

You can cut the semi-auto disconnected and that would permanently fix it to semi.

ar15-ar16%20%281%29.jpg

Anyways, after much testing, I have concluded that I have eliminated fliers with the default barrel and hop set up, by using a home made hop adjuster arm that takes normal hop nubs, and slightly modifying the hop rubber.   Pictures will follow.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys. Just to show you where mine is at the moment. The rifle now runs great, I've fired somewhere around 20 magazines using the stiffer recoil spring with steel buffer and it runs perfectly. Just as it did when I first took it out of the box for those opening range tests. If I use the stock buffer and stock spring it won't go more than 3 bbs without something going wrong, so its extremely satisfying for me to shoot mag after mag without those issues. I swear I was going to set fire to the damn thing at one point haha.

I've also installed a plain jane WE hop bucking that I stole from my WE MP7A1 and to my surprise the bb's fly beautifully.

Hope your 417's are also running well.

Thanks

• Like 1