• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took my 417 today for test firing. VFC 420mm inner with PDI W-Hold bucking, I could hit a man sized target at 80 meters 90% of the time. My gun works and feeds perfect on semi, with an occasional flye

Hi all.   Just a quick preview of my new toy, I had this delivered from Sniper-AS     While hesitant considering VFC's tales of woe I decided to jump in and pick up the 417 once it was availa

Looks great on the outside, but we all know VFCs are like that.  If (and that's a big *fruitcage* if) the gun works fine out of the box (HA!) I may actually get one, though if WE stops clowning aroun

Great news. Still waiting for mine to be fitted. Any idea on the fps rise from the new valves mate?

Unfortunately my chrono isn't one to be trusted anymore. Far too old and shot up, so I can't give you any results. Sorry.

Have a go with yours, I'd like to know if they change the fps.

That's strange you're still getting the issues Zereck. On mine it would cycle without shooting the bb and then load another one and fire two. They'd both hit the target with some force though. I had 10 trigger pulls to a full magazine. It was crazy. Problem corrected with a new bolt/nozzle guide.

I guess you've replaced the nozzle and everything inside for the bcg?

Mine has been a bit fussy. Trying to get the hop set up, magazines losing pressure resulting in sluggish performance and double feeding are the main things I've experienced.

Ramjet valves for the magazines were the solution for the cyclic issues.

A broken nozzle guide was the reason behind my double feeds.

And a more intermediate bucking helps with the hop. I may try using aeg shims on either side of the see saw thing that applies pressure to the bucking, see if it decreases my occasional fliers.

I can't stand the sight of this gun now, I want to do something else haha.

• Like 1

Bada Bing, what bucking are you using again?  I am using a Maple Leaf 75 and I got a flier every 4-5 rounds at first but I have seen that Maple Leaf buckings need break-in before running well.  I have poured a couple thousand bb's through mine and now my fliers are far less often...maybe one per mag or longer.

I too have a Maple Leaf 75 bucking and it's killing off my velocity so much that the bbs get about 20 metres out and drop. Even with adjustments from off to fully on.

I plug in a stock WE GBBR bucking shooting .25's and .30's and its fine. Dark and mysterious forces lurk within, my friends won't believe me. I think it would be better for both of us if you send me your 20" 417 and you can have mine.

Come to think of it the Maple Leaf bucking is the diamond 75 VSR/Pistol version. That's not right for the GBBR is it?

Bada, with a longer and better quality inner barrel and the right bucking combination, do you think this platform could make a good sniping/dmr weapon?  One of the guys on youtube who modifies VFCs stated he got his to reach out effectively to 250 ft with a change of the inner barrel and bucking.  It is sounding like consistency is still off.  

I got one of the bible quoted 6.03mm barrels from VFC for my 16" kit (420mm fits perfectly), installed it along with a PDI hop bucking. Got a great increase in accuracy, but havent had the chance to test it in ranges further than 60m.

Even if the barrels say they are for AEGs they have cuts for WE and VFC GBBRs so they could be a good choice for someone that cant find any alternatives and the quality is very good. Also I found that the buckings with extended moulds dont work well on this gun due to the way the hop up arms sits in the unit.

I too have a Maple Leaf 75 bucking and it's killing off my velocity so much that the bbs get about 20 metres out and drop. Even with adjustments from off to fully on.

I plug in a stock WE GBBR bucking shooting .25's and .30's and its fine. Dark and mysterious forces lurk within, my friends won't believe me. I think it would be better for both of us if you send me your 20" 417 and you can have mine.

Come to think of it the Maple Leaf bucking is the diamond 75 VSR/Pistol version. That's not right for the GBBR is it?

That is the bucking I am using but I paired it with a WE Angry Gun inner barrel.  What I have seen in my GBBR's is the bucking is for range consistency and the inner barrel is for better accuracy.  VFC buckings and inner barrels are really poor.

VFC barrels work well with WE rubbers I find, particularly in the VSR hop mod conversions I have done on their M4s/MP5s.  VFC barrels also like A+ rubbers.

Surprisingly I had issues like this with RA-tech rubbers and WE barrels, and also A+ rubbers and WE barrels, where FPS drops 300fps for no visible reason.

But yeah, avoid those falcon rubbers they are inconsistent.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n
  • 2 weeks later...

Took my 417 today for test firing. VFC 420mm inner with PDI W-Hold bucking, I could hit a man sized target at 80 meters 90% of the time. My gun works and feeds perfect on semi, with an occasional flyer every 10-15 shots (Don't know whats causing this, maybe the rubber and barrel need some breaking in..) I don't really care about full auto, but this GBB definitely doesn't like it, my groupings were EVERYWHERE.

Also I never really bothered with cooldown because here in Greece the temperatures are above 15 degrees most of the time, but the gun worked perfectly today which was very cold (-2 to 0 degrees)

I am definitely enjoying my purchase, and would suggest it to anyone trying to decide whether to buy this or not, but NOT if you plan on using it on full auto. VFC has DEFINITELY stepped up their game with this. (Comparing it to the Mp5 and HK416c)

And some pictures I took (Was getting late so quality is lame..):

K51A0258_zps9a3dd51f.jpg

K51A0263_zpsd7ffd526.jpg

• Like 4
  • 2 months later...

My A plus ramjet valves are now fitted and took the fps up from 390 to 500 with 0.2g ammo. Thankfully the new vfc nozzles have their own npas system so I've adjusted it down to 330.

The valves themselves need a bit of fiddling to get the port lined up/point upwards.

The recoil with the ramjet valves is literally double what I was getting with the standard release valves.

One issue that arose with the increased recoil was the bolt catch would shake so much it would activate every other shot or so. A stiffer spring in the bolt catch soon remedied that problem.

How is everyone else getting on?

• Like 2

Ramjet valves are totally awesome aren't they? It has the most violent recoil I've ever known on a GBBR. It feels almost too heavy for it to be any good for the internals to remain intact. Time will tell I spose.

I've just ordered a new hop chamber as mine broke on both sides where it contacts and connects to the notches cut in the barrel. As for barrel I've finally got around to ordering an angry gun tight bore.

Been too side tracked recently on building my KSC USP tactical kit but soon to have the 417 battle ready :-)

• Like 1

Photos of the broken hop chamber pls?

If its as you described then something is putting stresses on either the hop unit or the barrel to make it snap while the barrel is secured to the hop unit.

Also after the ramjet valves does that affect the gas efficiency?

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

My gas efficiency is really really decent. Can't really compare it to before but I'm really happy with it.

Has anyone noticed that the nozzle spring leaves the nozzle sticking out of the bcg by 10mm or so and when the bolt returns to battery, that nozzle/spring combo acts as a damper between the bolt and the hop chamber?

Recoil is so strong now I've had to loctite all body pins in as the full auto sear pin literally shook itself out of the lower. :D