• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took my 417 today for test firing. VFC 420mm inner with PDI W-Hold bucking, I could hit a man sized target at 80 meters 90% of the time. My gun works and feeds perfect on semi, with an occasional flye

Hi all.   Just a quick preview of my new toy, I had this delivered from Sniper-AS     While hesitant considering VFC's tales of woe I decided to jump in and pick up the 417 once it was availa

Looks great on the outside, but we all know VFCs are like that.  If (and that's a big *fruitcage* if) the gun works fine out of the box (HA!) I may actually get one, though if WE stops clowning aroun

Hop unit is completely different which is VERY GOOD.  Looks to take VSR inner barrels and buckings which we have been modding VFC GBBR's to run on in the past.

Now remember the MP7 was released in Europe much sooner than the rest of the world and the initial reports that it was very bad on gas efficiency/cool down.  When it was finally available to me (through Hong Kong), I have had no such cool down issues and ROF is great so take that with a grain of salt...

I fired one of these in HK before release, one of the later prototypes. Recoil is heavy, RoF is low because of that huge travel distance, but the resistance to cooldown is good - though with a magazine that big it'd be very hard to *fruitcage* that up.

The hop up unit, as you have all sussed, takes TM GBB hop up and barrels. (NOT the VSR barrels, they have a different locking cut.)

Overall I was pretty impressed, it's definitely a step up from their older M4/HK416 stuff. HOWEVER, the biggest issue I had with VFC GBBRs is their nozzles being way too soft and deforming until they can't load a bb. Time will tell.

All sounds pretty good, but this:

The hop up unit, as you have all sussed, takes TM GBB hop up and barrels. (NOT the VSR barrels, they have a different locking cut.)

is a bit annoying, seeing as pistol cut barrels are generally pretty short, a VSR length one would be a better length for this but if it won't go in the hopup...

All sounds pretty good, but this:

is a bit annoying, seeing as pistol cut barrels are generally pretty short, a VSR length one would be a better length for this but if it won't go in the hopup...

Yeah, this could prove VERY annoying when converting to 16" or 20" barrels :(

How is the internals of this gun?

read many times that VFC gbbr isnt top notch internally

So far the internals are doing ok, just light scratches on the bcg and some deforming on the nozzle, not really enough to cause any issues (yet). FCG is also doing just fine. This is my first VFC GBBR, I'm just waiting for something to happen

Why do you tease us! :(:P

Sorry mate. Its all done now and live. Also had a Stag party/event to go to as well, it would have been up sooner otherwise.

Hope you all enjoy fellas.

Thanks

• Like 2

Nice one cheers. :)

What don't you like about the hop unit?

Any idea what it chronos at?

What gas were you using?

What's it like in FA?

/end of Spanish Inquisition ;)

No worries.

It's horrendously inconsistent. Stock VSR bucking is garbage, no matter what bb weight/brand I put through it. A friend of mine gave me a Laylax VSR bucking to try out, I've yet to test it.

I have no idea what it chrono's at as a friend of mine broke my chrono.

I was using Puff Dino gas and propane.

It's semi auto only as I bought the European version from Germany.

Thanks for the info. Shame vfc can't invest in decent hop rubbers. :(

Not a huge issue though just seems a bit silly to put a *suitcase* hop rubber in a such a rif. Saying that new vfc gbbrs do, in my opinion, come out of the box dripping in lube so that may be the main issue.

Edited by christhesecond